Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine dining in the Grafton Quarter...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Filthy pigs who can't take their own dirt to the bin, no doubt justifying it by saying 'there is someone paid to do it'. Scum of the highest order. They hang out a lot in cinemas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

And we are supposed to be among the best countries in the world to live in? Trash people who do these things are the scum of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

And we are supposed to be among the best countries in the world to live in?

I'm sorry, but what a silly thing to say. No reflection on whether this is a good or bad country to live in. You get drunken idiots and ignorant people everywhere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Mainly tourists in there at that time. Maybe put an info leaflet about cleaning up McDonald’s customs in their passport at check in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Where are the staff? This is disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

VonLuck wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but what a silly thing to say. No reflection on whether this is a good or bad country to live in. You get drunken idiots and ignorant people everywhere in the world.

Litter in McDonalds is a key part of the UN HDI apparently. It's why we lost out on top spot and only came third in the most recent rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

That's a disgrace. The manager was obviously not keeping and eye on things or ensuring he had enough staff on the floor.

I don't clear my tables in fast food places either. There are people hired to do that (who have been properly trained and have access to the right materials.) it's actually unhygienic to expect paying customers to clean up.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't clear my tables in fast food places either. There are people hired to do that (who have been properly trained and have access to the right materials.) it's actually unhygienic to expect paying customers to clean up.
    Erm, how is it unhygienic to take your waste and shove it into the bin? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

That's a disgrace. The manager was obviously not keeping and eye on things or ensuring he had enough staff on the floor.

Trained to put stuff in the bin?

I was trained to use a bin as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Trained to put stuff in the bin?

I was trained to use a bin as a child.

Exactly my sentiment. The “people” who put the rubbish on the floors need education. And if that doesn’t teach them, then they themselves ought to be fcuked into the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nobody remember the Des Bishop special?

Skip to 9.20 in this video. Never see it over here in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It is fairly bad but not nearly as disgusting as calling it Grafton Quarter.

RasTa wrote: »
    Never see it over here in the UK

No absolutely not. They dump it directly on the street.

nightlife-in-cardiff-G603N0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Nobody remember the Des Bishop special?

Skip to 9.20 in this video. Never see it over here in the UK

That guy should be fired. Speaking to customers like that. Especially if he has come here for a job. He should be glad that he has one instead of calling people ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No absolutely not. They dump it directly on the street.

[

Must be an old photo. They have these litter wardens around now dishing out fines for even dropping a cig butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

spurious wrote: »
    Filthy pigs who can't take their own dirt to the bin, no doubt justifying it by saying 'there is someone paid to do it'. Scum of the highest order. They hang out a lot in cinemas too.

Bins are forever full in mcds ime

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Pretty disgusting. Takes two seconds to pit stuff in the bin but McDonald’s have to take most of that blame.

Must be an old photo. They have these litter wardens around now dishing out fines for even dropping a cig butt.

That's a regular Friday night in Cardiff, which has the worst litter I have ever seen anywhere on weekend nights.

Anyway this is ridiculous. I am in London regularly, I stayed in that hotel stuck onto Victoria station last time I was there, the litter outside in the mornings was beyond belief. There is plenty of littering in the UK, give it a rest.

Advertisement