Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do we want this coming decade?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

theguzman wrote: »
    For Kerry I want that Millstreet Station be given a second platform to thus utilise the passing loop there, this would reduce delays considerably.

that would be a good shout actually. i can't see it happening however.
    The current Killarney station should be closed to end the 10-15mins of wasted time whilst the train reverses in and out of the station, move it 200-300 metres further down towards Mallow direction and there is plenty space.

i suspect that is not going to happen due to the expence and the fact the station would be further from the town.
    i agree the situation is not ideal but the line is likely going to be stuck with it.
    There should be a 2 car IE-2600 or IE-2800 DMU car set meeting the 9pm ex Heuston-Cork service at Mallow at 23:05 providing a link to Tralee, the 7pm last service for Kerry is far too early.

certainly a later service would be a good thing. again though, i can't see it happening.
    Aer Lingus removed from the Kerry PSO Air-route and give it back to Ryanair who had you in Dublin for €9.99 in 20 mins, €48 one way for an hours journey with Aer Lingus doesn't cut the mustard compared to Irish Rail. Its only useful for a connecting flight to the US with aer lingus.

i suspect that would only be possible if.
    1. ryanair put in a better bid when the service is up for tennder again.
    2. the current operator are found to be breaching the rules of their contract and the service is retendered and ryanair put in a better bid.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Advertisement