Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectrex

Options
  • 23-12-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Still on the lookout for a Vectrex !

POST\COLLECTION: Collect - don't think I'd trust shipping
    PRICE: Depends, but 200ish or more maybe
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Still on the lookout for a Vectrex !

POST\COLLECTION: Collect - don't think I'd trust shipping
    PRICE: Depends, but 200ish or more maybe
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Best of luck with your search, it's a great machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I got one !!

Mods - please remove this !

congrats :)

eddhorse wrote: »
    congrats :)

Thanks ! I got one on eBay for £220 collected in London. Dean Swain from Retro Asylum collected it for me and I'm getting it off him in March when I'm over at revival.

My big issue now is how to get it on the plane as carry on.

The vectrex dimensions are 24.75cm x 29.2cm x 36.8 cm and the luggage allowed is 55cm x 40cm x 20cm so the I'm about 2 inches over on the 20cm.....

I might be able to get it into a rucksack.....

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Thanks ! I got one on eBay for £220 collected in London. Dean Swain from Retro Asylum collected it for me and I'm getting it off him in March when I'm over at revival.

My big issue now is how to get it on the plane as carry on.

The vectrex dimensions are 24.75cm x 29.2cm x 36.8 cm and the luggage allowed is 55cm x 40cm x 20cm so the I'm about 2 inches over on the 20cm.....

I might be able to get it into a rucksack.....

Yeah that's not gonna be easy.
    Will they allow a CRT as carry on?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yeah that's not gonna be easy.
    Will they allow a CRT as carry on?

I'm gonna find out I reckon - can't be much more dangerous than a few bottle sof whiskey

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Be oh so careful with it.
    It's a delicate piece of hardware!
    Congratulations on your purchase.
    I might suggest you link up with Richard Hutchinson to buy one of his VecMulti carts, essential to play the official releases that are all public domain and the tons of cracking homebrew made over the years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement