Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FortyOne Navan, how do they get away with it?

Options
  • 24-12-2019 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I live on Flower Hill in Navan, every weekend without fail this "Nightclub" has music playing outside in the smoking area until 3AM, and its not just faint sound, you could be in your home, window completely shut and it sounds like your in the nightclub its that loud.

There has been numerous complaints, a petition handed into the council, and still nothing has been done about it. Its now Monday night, 2:46 AM and I have just been kept awake by some absolutely horrendously loud music that can be heard up as far as the round O, I went outside just to test how loud it was.

What exactly are the options of anyone living 1KM within the area? The nightclub was not there when I moved here, so I don't care about the typical "Why move beside a nightclub"

The Council don't seem to care, the Guards don't want to hear about it. If anyone lives near Watergate street sees this, you will 100% know what I am talking about.

I am not against people having a good time, no issues with nightclubs and the likes, but to have music playing outside, that loud, at nighttime, surely that cannot be right, and EVERY WEEKEND

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Its Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Its Christmas.

Its all year round for the past 4 years, say more dumb stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

gibgodsman wrote: »

There has been numerous complaints, a petition handed into the council, and still nothing has been done about it. Its now Monday night, 2

What exactly are the options of anyone living 1KM within the area? The nightclub was not there when I moved here, so I don't care about the typical "Why move beside a nightclub"

I feel for you, all other nite clubs are more ‘enclosed’ so must be a pain.

That said, there’s been a late bar/music bar there for as long as I can remember (30 years plus) right back to Robbies, Knights etc, so it’s been there a good bit longer than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Its all year round for the past 4 years, say more dumb stuff

So they celebrate Christmas all year round then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

When does their licence come up for renewal? That would be the ideal time to object.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I live on Flower Hill

You have my sympathy. My father in law lives there. Places looks like its going to the dogs with unfinished sites and poorly finished buildings. My father in law lives in the area and looks like its going to be a full grown cesspool in about 10 years when the "youths" grow up and discover weed and other pharmaceutical delights.

I would suggest that rather than trying to change a solid fixture that you move. Easier and less stress unless you own the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Navan is a kip. Move out. Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

its going to be a full grown cesspool in about 10 years when the "youths" grow up and discover weed and other pharmaceutical delights.

We are already at that point. All you have to do is look at the clientele that go in and out of there and other establishments around the area. The noise out of that place is insane and not in a good way. The rest of the nightclubs are respectful when it comes to noise pollution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I’d contact your local Councillors for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Scottie99 wrote: »
    I’d contact your local Councillors for help.

Navan is only a small town, Its hard to pull up your own buddy when they all play golf together down in the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They put the barriers up to drown out the sound, but it does sweet FA.

The owners dont care, they're making money hand over fist facilitating young kids getting wasted every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You need to track the noise over a period of time, and document its impact on you. Get a decibel meter to record the noise level when the music is off as a benchmark, and then take note of it when it is a nuisance.

Do out a spreadsheet and each time you are annoyed by the music you write down; the date, the time, the duration (or end time), the type of noise (music, people shouting, etc..), the impact it had on you (be detailed, don't just say "couldn't sleep" , an example might be lost 3 hours sleep which made me late for a 8:00am meeting), the reading from the decibel meter, and the location the reading was taken. You may wish to take videos or sounds recordings if you have good enough equipment to do so.

Once you have this documented over a period of months that shows it is loud, continuous and repeated, contact the EPA (since it is a licensed premises) and the local authority.

More here - https://www.meath.ie/council/council-services/environment/air-and-noise-pollution/noise-pollution

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

You need to track the noise over a period of time, and document its impact on you. Get a decibel meter to record the noise level when the music is off as a benchmark, and then take note of it when it is a nuisance.

Do out a spreadsheet and each time you are annoyed by the music you write down; the date, the time, the duration (or end time), the type of noise (music, people shouting, etc..), the impact it had on you (be detailed, don't just say "couldn't sleep" , an example might be lost 3 hours sleep which made me late for a 8:00am meeting), the reading from the decibel meter, and the location the reading was taken. You may wish to take videos or sounds recordings if you have good enough equipment to do so.

Once you have this documented over a period of months that shows it is loud, continuous and repeated, contact the EPA (since it is a licensed premises) and the local authority.

More here - https://www.meath.ie/council/council-services/environment/air-and-noise-pollution/noise-pollution

Really appreciate the detailed post mate, will start keeping a spread sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

These might help as well!

51VpKhxtJDL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Have you tried approaching the owners?

Advertisement