Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does pubs open all night today???

Options
  • 24-12-2019 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just wondering if all the pubs close today as normal at 2am ish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Most places will be closed earlier than they normally do.
    Santa needs some time to deliver the presents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

kippy wrote: »
    Most places will be closed earlier than they normally do.
    Santa needs some time to deliver the presents etc.

Buy why is it ok for Santa to drink ride his sleigh?? Many houses leave out an alcoholic drink for him. I know he is fat so can likely handle a lot of drinks, but it’s still a bit dangerous. He could collide with a drone or even an aeroplane. He might even make a balls of parking on a rooftop and take the whole chimney out.

omg.

I'd expect more from someone who joined boards for the first time in December 2019.

Right. Tis the season. OP if you're DYING to get to a pub on 26th Stephens day, then join a "Wren boy party" and go to one of the Cork Hotel pubs. I've spent Christmas in Cork before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Buy why is it ok for Santa to drink ride his sleigh?? Many houses leave out an alcoholic drink for him. I know he is fat so can likely handle a lot of drinks, but it’s still a bit dangerous. He could collide with a drone or even an aeroplane. He might even make a balls of parking on a rooftop and take the whole chimney out.

I don't have all the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Close for 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

In the city centre, you'll struggle to find a pub open after 7 or 8.

Suburban and country pubs will mostly be open regular hours - 11.30 last call

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Having never actually been in the city centre on Christmas Eve, other than trying to get home after work when I was in retail, that’s helpful information, beer! We’ve been invited to join friends in the city for a pint but seems like it would be reasonable to plan to head home for 7 or 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

11:30 last call is not regular hours.

Plenty City Centre pubs will serve till 12, most of them actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

I never knew they close at 7 or 8, fair play.

I love a drink but why in the world people go mad for a drink in the pub on Xmas day is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Italix wrote: »
    I never knew they close at 7 or 8, fair play.

I love a drink but why in the world people go mad for a drink in the pub on Xmas day is beyond me.

They dont close at 7 or 8 that's complete nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Plenty of them do close early Christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Faith wrote: »
    Having never actually been in the city centre on Christmas Eve, other than trying to get home after work when I was in retail, that’s helpful information, beer! We’ve been invited to join friends in the city for a pint but seems like it would be reasonable to plan to head home for 7 or 8?

It depends on where you are going.
    Some pubs stay open.
    Some close the doors early and serve away.
    Many close up early.

I'd check with the bar you're planning on going to.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I think individual pubs make their own calls on it. Our local is open late tonight. I passed it a few minutes ago and it's already out the door there.

Advertisement