Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email not being delivered: 550 errors

Options
  • 24-12-2019 3:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm running Outlook on the PC and am getting emails to a couple of domains bounced back with error code 550.

This is just for one company I'm trying to contact, it is for both of their domains and all of their staff. If I send a message using the webmail setup for my email domain the messages get through fine and also for messages sent from Gmail etc.

They are not aware of any other people having issues sending messages to them. I'm not getting messages bounced back when sent to any other contacts. From what I can see on Googling the 550 error it seems like it would affect all emails so I can't figure out where the problem may lie and if it's my setup or their setup. The bounced back messages don't say anything else useful other than "The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:" then the contact name/ email and the 550 code.

Any clues as to where I could be looking for the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Are you with eircom.net?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are you with eircom.net?

No, it's a UK provider 123reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like you may have been blacked by somebody.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like you may have been blacked by somebody.

That is my suspicion, but nothing shows up on mxtoolbox.com and the emails get through from my domain when sent by the Webmail hosted by my domain provider. Is there any other spam checking sites I could use, have had one of the domains blacklisted before, but my domain supplier was onto me about it before I even noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Appearing on a blacklist would have been my first thought but seeing as you've checked that my only suggestion is to ask the company you can't email to check their logs for the reason, something I've had to do more times than I care to remember. SFP records are the normal reason where someone defines their valid list of servers & then uses some random other box. That doesn't seem to be the issue in your case however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

what ISP are you using, Vodaone stopped mail reply in the last few months so if you were using mail.vodafone.ie to send email this would not not work

Advertisement