Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CF Lennox vs Jackie Lennox

Options
  • 24-12-2019 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭

Which do you prefer?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

CF Lennox vs Jackie Lennox 111 votes

CF
    60% 67 votes
    Jackie
    2% 3 votes
    Like both.
    36% 40 votes
    Neither
    0% 1 vote
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

this will be a clear win for jackies not even close

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lennoxs, McCurtain Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Is Middleton's Lennox's a CF? If so, they have gotten better than Jackie Lennox in recent years. Best chipper in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

mean gene wrote: »
    this will be a clear win for jackies not even close

Hi mg. It's looking like a landslide alright.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

The Cfs in ballyphehane and carrigaline ain't bad nothing compares to jackies though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Jackie’s all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Both suck. Barties and KCs are the best chippers in the south side.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sosndt

Come on KCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Tasty Snacks For me great north side chipper

There Brest in a bun is amazing and freshly made

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Acosta wrote: »

KC's have bad chips and have a frozen chicken burger that you could buy in Aldi. I was seriously unimpressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

KC's have bad chips and have a frozen chicken burger that you could buy in Aldi. I was seriously unimpressed.

The queue suggests it's good, but I've seen queue's going into Reardons.
    Found a lot of their stuff way too greasy, but some of their menu is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Acosta wrote: »

Got burgers twice from KCs and were disappointing semi cremated patties on both occasions. Chips were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

KC's is the most over rated chipper in Ireland, everything always covered in grease. patties cremated, always so messy in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

jharr100 wrote: »
    KC's is the most over rated chipper in Ireland, everything always covered in grease. patties cremated, always so messy in my opinion

If your looking for a burger and chips, pie and chips kind of junk food then I wouldn't bother with KCs. There's far far better out there.

The non "chipper food" menu is what they're about tho. A king creole or a Philly cheese steak with a Bombay chicken is about as good as it gets for takeaway.

Jackie's is the most over rated spot in all of Cork. I stopped going there years ago, even when it was convenient. There's nothing wrong with it, it's grand but it's no better than anywhere else (IMO).

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

The Golden Fry is the best Southside. Nothing else close to them

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

The Golden Fry is the best Southside. Nothing else close to them

Golden Fry went downhill when it was sold a few years ago. Chips nowhere near as nice as they used be.

CF Lennox in McCurtain Street is terrible. The last time we went there the chips were from frozen and we had to ask for salt and vinegar which was supplied in sachets. Service was slow and surly. If you don't have chipper chips and apply salt and vinegar liberally then you can't call yourself a chipper.

Denny's in Ballinlough has improved immensely since it opened and the chips are tasty now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

PreCocious wrote: »

CF Lennox in McCurtain Street is terrible. The last time we went there the chips were from frozen and we had to ask for salt and vinegar which was supplied in sachets. Service was slow and surly. If you don't have chipper chips and apply salt and vinegar liberally then you can't call yourself a chipper.

This has come up before.
    I must be going to a different Lennoxs (no CF in the name) on McCurtain Street to others. I've never had frozen chips there - always fresh chips but cooked enough (unlike a lot of chipper chippers).
    If love to understand why others have a different experience to me. I think their chips are better than the Fish Wife and definitely not frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Jackie is the clear winner in the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Golden Fry went downhill when it was sold a few years ago. Chips nowhere near as nice as they used be.

Denny's in Ballinlough has improved immensely since it opened and the chips are tasty now.

'Proper' chipper chips would normally be cooked from frozen due to the three part cook. They will be boiled, fried then frozen before the final finishing fry that you see in the chipper itself. Perfectly acceptable. For example, Dino's have a whole warehouse in Doughcloyne where they perform the first two steps before sending the frozen result to the outlets for finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭airy fairy

'Proper' chipper chips would normally be cooked from frozen due to the three part cook. They will be boiled, fried then frozen before the final finishing fry that you see in the chipper itself. Perfectly acceptable. For example, Dino's have a whole warehouse in Doughcloyne where they perform the first two steps before sending the frozen result to the outlets for finishing.

Do they defrost them in barrels of water so?
    Dino's chips ok. Got recently in Douglas, but from an awful staff member with attitude. Gave salt n vinegar like she was paying for it herself there was so little.
    KCs over rated, last time going was when I arrived home with burned crispy pot of pig n the spuds topping, twas cruel. Over rated for just chips n pie dinners.
    Found myself in Glanmire recently, Denny's, over by SuperValu, and they were lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

airy fairy wrote: »
    Do they defrost them in barrels of water so?
    Dino's chips ok. Got recently in Douglas, but from an awful staff member with attitude. Gave salt n vinegar like she was paying for it herself there was so little.
    KCs over rated, last time going was when I arrived home with burned crispy pot of pig n the spuds topping, twas cruel. Over rated for just chips n pie dinners.
    Found myself in Glanmire recently, Denny's, over by SuperValu, and they were lovely.
    Best in Cork by far is chish n fibs ,crosshaven,bit dearer than Dinos,but quality outshines all( KCs ffs below average)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Best in Cork by far is chish n fibs ,crosshaven,bit dearer than Dinos,but quality outshines all( KCs ffs below average)

They must have improved a lot because the last time i had food there it was absolute muck in my opinion. Few years ago in fairness though.

The ones in question weren't thrice cooked. They tasted like bog standard frozen chips you'd get in Tesco.

They must have improved a lot because the last time i had food there it was absolute muck in my opinion. Few years ago in fairness though.
    Well to be fair haven't been to KCs in yonks so maybe shouldn't have included them,but yes chish n fibs is v good, always hopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Not sure I agree there. A traditional chipper would peel, chop, de-starch, blanch with real spuds on site before the final hot fry.

Freezing certainly does not add anything to the process, just because Dino’s or McDonald’s do it. That’s more the scale up factor where they want less kitchen space on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Jackie's is better but fuccking hell, I do worry about people sometimes. The most overrated establishment I've eaten in anywhere. It's grand, like. On a good day. I really only go there the odd time out of convenience, would never go out of my way to eat there.

I love the service in dennys in ballinlough - oh no I meant its terrible

mean gene wrote: »
    I love the service in dennys in ballinlough - oh no I meant its terrible

I think if we asked fifty people we'd get 57 opinions. It really does show that it's all a personal choice especially the old KCs V The World debate (I don't like KCs).

Anyways the best chipper is Donkeys.

I think if we asked fifty people we'd get 57 opinions. It really does show that it's all a personal choice especially the old KCs V The World debate (I don't like KCs).

Anyways the best chipper is Donkeys.

????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

????

Its a very modest little chipper in Limerick that does excellent food.

Advertisement