Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CF Lennox vs Jackie Lennox

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Its a very modest little chipper in Limerick that does excellent food.

A Battered Sausage that is second to none!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

RINO87 wrote: »
    A Battered Sausage that is second to none!

Long way to go though,,,,,,sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

both rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Can someone explain the deal with Lennox's? Is it only the one on the Bandon Road that's Jackie Lennox, and the rest are CF? Many of them just say "Lennoxs".
    PreCocious wrote: »
    Golden Fry went downhill when it was sold a few years ago. Chips nowhere near as nice as they used be.

I keep hearing this but I do not see a reduction in quality there, it's as good as it was when I moved to Ballinlough 7 years ago. Now just with all the frozen/non-fresh shîte taken off the menu (Hot dogs? In a chipper?), though I do miss the random ornaments, and now it's harder to keep up to date with who the current pope is.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Lennoxs is grand until you arrive and see a certain person dosing out the chips. He’ll give you a single scoop and leave it at that.

When there’s 2 queues, you see people actively avoiding the side he’s on. One queue would be twice the length of the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Tried Tory Top last week as the real Lennoxs was closed. Always assumed it was a cheap imitation. It wasn't. It was really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There are plenty of perfectly good chippers in Cork.
    Why do two in particular - Jackie Lennox's and Kc's - get so much love, attention and loyalty?They really are no better than many of the other chippers around but they instil almost obsessive loyalty to them from their fans.

Why these two over every other chipper in the city?

Do other towns and cities have these hugely overrated chippers while others get no crazy love?

Haven't been to Jackie's in years and found it pretty poor when I was there.
    Went through a phase of getting fish and chips from Kc's some years ago. Pretty good.

There are plenty of perfectly good chippers in Cork.
    Why do two in particular - Jackie Lennox's and Kc's - get so much love, attention and loyalty?They really are no better than many of the other chippers around but they instil almost obsessive loyalty to them from their fans.

Why these two over every other chipper in the city?
    I like KC's as their menu is very different to a typical chipper, and their quality is generally good (not a fan of their chips though). I don't go to Lennox's very often but I wasn't disappointed when I went there either. I would say both are above average in terms of what they offer - there are many sub-standard chippers around too. And both have been around for over 50 years so have had generations of loyal customers.
    Do other towns and cities have these hugely overrated chippers while others get no crazy love?
    As has been already mentioned in this thread, Donkey Fords in Limerick is an institution but I wouldn't consider it overrated (granted, I haven't been there in a while). Besides that and Luigi's, I couldn't name another chipper in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I don't understand the hate for KC's. If you can deal with the queues they put out some seriously good grub and much more varied menu than regular chippers.

J Lennox's I do get why people question the status it has. Its decent food but some people go on as if they're just the best chipper in the world. Been there plenty of times and they are consistently good. But nothing special. Lots of other places on the same level and above.

If you go to KC's before 7 on a weekday the queues aren't bad at all. And even when it's busy the queues aren't much worse than other places, there's just no space inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Anyone who's actually been to KC's knows the queue is a non-issue cos they rip through it. They have an efficient system.

Advertisement