Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probation period

Options
  • 24-12-2019 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I'm currently on a probation in work, I understand they can let me go at any time, I notice exact position is advertised online. Can they do this without informing me they plan to let me go?

Comments

I'm currently on a probation in work, I understand they can let me go at any time, I notice exact position is advertised online. Can they do this without informing me they plan to let me go?

Yes, they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No need to panic just yet. It depends on your role, if you’re a General Operative for example, they may just need more bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Maybe they're gonna promote you. Or move you sideways. Or get you a playmate. Or fail your probation. Could be anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Maybe they're gonna promote you. Or move you sideways. Or get you a playmate. Or fail your probation. Could be anything really.

Playmate 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A "tech" company in Dublin leaves the wifi open for new staff (its in their contracts not to use it for external websites) lets people go if they use it, instantly.

They call it weeding out the staff who dont pay attention to detail. Their HR and management think this is a good practice, as above yes they can let you go instantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement