Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Leg End i'm sorry but my performances tend to choke.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Wise advice. Although how you can link Bl*w jobs to hair is beyond me!

Duvet gets her hair bjed every Saturday since she had one Christmas Eve. Like a blow dry, but messier. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Deja Boo wrote: »
    fyp *slides plate*

...and thanks everyone, for your kindness! x

Hope you enjoyed Deja :p

Some days we all need hugs , take them when we get them , and sometimes the Hug Giver is in need of it more than the hugee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Duvet gets her hair bjed every Saturday since she had one Christmas Eve. Like a blow dry, but messier. :pac:

:D

saves on the lecky sure. Better for the environment.

Aw Leggy , thanks for your thanks :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aw Leggy , thanks for your thanks :D

I just saw that, I've no idea how that happened!

Thanks again though. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A right love-in here tonight :P

One more for the road lol..purple rain purple ...I'll be in a heap for my bj tomorrow lol

I now have Dermot Morgan as Barry McGuigan in my head ...

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, Mam of 4.

I now have Dermot Morgan as Barry McGuigan in my head ...

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, Mam of 4.

Feck you , I now have Elvis Presley in my head , thank you , thank you very much ...uh huh ...

• Advertisement

Rosanna Rosanna.....jaysus I'm in 7th heaven here...guess where our meet will be lol...pished.

I'd gladly join you for a pint Duvet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Duvet, Rosanna...that's a great track... After a testing day an evening of a Grandeeod's/Mam's collaborative menu would be welcome - Bishop and Legend will choose the alcoholic aperitif - with Cali and Widdershins on main's wine and Smurfed reccomending after dinner beers. When we are all sufficiently drunk Seph will ply us with Barry's tea - of course I'm not having that because it's Lyons all the way - :)

Then Grem enters the room holding a massive cake..."its Persepoly's almost Birthday!" they cry and we all grab a delicious slice...

Couchside watching TV and contemplating sleep.

Hugs Deja.

Night all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal couchside, watching the Late Late Show. Chilled after another busy week.

Hope y’all have a good weekend guys! :)

Waiting for fish supper ...think I'll go for an oul hug ..I'll be deleting in the morning lol..have a good night lads...oh and I've fecking heartburn, that's the tonic.

Waiting for fish supper ...think I'll go for an oul hug ..I'll be deleting in the morning lol..have a good night lads...oh and I've fecking heartburn, that's the tonic.

Quoting just to torment you in the morning :p
    Feck it , just enjoy Duvet :)

*offers rennies*

Quoting too, enjoy the shenanigans, you can blame the drink in the morning.

There you have it Duvet, in triplicate no less :pac:

• Advertisement

Quoting too, enjoy the shenanigans, you can blame the drink in the morning.

Exactly , life's too short , enjoy the moment :)

Watching Real Detective on Netflix .
    Heartbreaking watching the actual detectives involved in the cases , reliving and telling the stories .

I spotted a new season of van helsing appeared so i've been watching that recently, then i'll have to go fish for something else again

There you have it Duvet, in triplicate no less :pac:

Like my thanks. :D

I'm giddy from beer and listening to T'Pau.
    The shame!

T'pau?

Not many I'd say would go through the week thinking, get me to Friday so I can sip a few beers and stick on T'Pau (discussions about hairy bj's excepted)

NewRed2 wrote: »
    T'pau?

Not many I'd say would go through the week thinking, get me to Friday so I can sip a few beers and stick on T'Pau (discussions about hairy bj's excepted)

And they'd be right, but Friends like these and You Give Up bring me right back to more innocent times.

And they'd be right, but Friends like these and You Give Up bring me right back to more innocent times.

Yer definitely a touch mental, I like that in a person :pac:

• Advertisement

I do love the fist clenching and tortured faced ballads of the eighties

The big hair and usually awful videos.

So bad it's brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy birthday Perse! x

Hope everyone who’s not feeling the best feels better soon. Sending virtual hugs to all

I’m in bed, edited the conclusion to my thesis today, sent it to my supervisor and hopefully she comes back with positive feedback. I think it’s better than the first draft so here’s hoping! The entire thing is due on Thursday week and I’m both terrified and excited to be finally finished with it. Just have to finish all the niggly bits now. Looking forward to being more active around here again once it’s all out of the way :)

Well done Kitty!

• Advertisement

80's were brilliant. Music was brilliant, women hadn't yet discovered these weird pants that show off every pube, Bono still hadn't discovered politics, Ireland had a football team, Liverpool were winning (Same as today!!), No I-phones (people actually held conversations) and we all thought you could be taken seriously in a shell tracksuit.

Bmx, a-team, bionic woman, bonnie tyler, terrible jumpers, double denim, walkman, crispy pancakes and the slow set at the disco

Leg warmers, bows for your hair, blue eyeshadow, orange pan stick, frosted pink lipstick, perms, recording songs off the radio and MTV with Vincent Hanley.

The slow set though ...

The difficulty being called eileen

The difficulty being called eileen

Come on! :D

Can't help myself, i guess tone lowering is one of my special skills!.

What a time for that to show up!!

It's more frustrating than the DJ talking all over the start and end of the song you're trying to record from the radio!

Longwave 252! great names on the djs too!

• Advertisement

I'd love to go back for a week and make a show of myself all over again. :pac: No phones or social media to haunt you either.

Sure why not, a wee bit of time travel wha?

If only, Grem! I'd be scrunch drying my hair like my life depended on it.

Omg i'd forgotten that phrase even existed :pac:

Omg i'd forgotten that phrase even existed :pac:

Pffftttt, just don't forget the cheap mousse and hairspray. You've no business going out if you're not taking your life in your own hands every time a cigarette is lit.

Oh the mad chemical smells at the start of the night, wet look gel, panstick, brut, impulse all replaced by smoke and beer..

Oh the mad chemical smells at the start of the night, wet look gel, panstick, brut, impulse all replaced by smoke and beer..

Good times, they don't make them like that now!

Time for me to clock off and hand the late night section over to you. I hope your night goes quickly. It's been a nice trip down memory lane.

Night, sweet dreams. Come on Eileen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy birthday Perse, February ones are the best.

• Advertisement

Matchsticks propping eyes open here....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement