Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

Happy Birthday Perse!
    Have a lovely day :)

Walk the dog.... Then off to work.... Life is very mundane right now..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bit fragile. Not self inflicted! Watching the sky bloom with creeping sunrise. Peach & gold.
    Going to try to pad downstairs stealthily for tea but I'll probably wake not.Just the house but the entire road up. You know when youre trying to be quiet, everything just makes more noise. This is a late lie-in to me.

Happy Birthday to Persepoly.

Youre all in trouble if I'm choosing wine because you're going to end up with absinthe. It makes the heart grow fonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Birthday Perse :)

Heading to the coalface

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Nice selection of pics auto.
    I have tea and toast and a banana inside me, I have warm clothes on with my waterproof jacket on top, that means us and the doggies are going walking.
    I have a local community group meeting at ten to decide on some much needed repairs on our community centre and getting some grant aid, after that no plans at all at all.
    Have a nice day all, especially anyone with a birthday or any other occasion or even nothing like myself.
    If you can't be good, be careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Happy birthday Persepoly.
    A very merry un-birthday to the rest of us.
    It's a lovely day out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Happy Birthday Perse - have the most fabulous of days.
    Love the pictures today Auto.
    Off out with Mr. E for a few hours.

Have a good day one and all. ((())) Hugs to all who need them.

Have a great day Perse x.

Bedside feeling the fear lol..hope my ramblings are forgotten.
    Need to get up and head for my 'procedure ',wondering am I mad in this weather, wet and very windy ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happy birthday Peres, have a beer for me.

Heading to Paris, starting 14 days off tonight, so I’m in 2 minds, either go Paris Dublin and have the missus follow me, or Paris Jeddah and spend a few days off with the mutt.

What do you think.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Happy birthday Perse!! Enjoy the celebrations... think I might take myself nd the child off for the day, we need s treat..

• Advertisement

Escaping the house.
    We're going for a drive, ancient stone bothering, to see some primeval gnarled oak trees and a babbling stream. And to eat the best chips in Limerick, apparently. I like writing "we" again. Much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Went out for Afternoon tea in a posh hotel yesterday. Ladies who lunch.

Something went wrong somewhere along the line and I woke up this morning after getting in all hours with a nightclub stamp on my wrist. Its been years. When I looked at it first I thought I'd got a tattoo.

Craving stodge and Lucozade now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurfjed wrote: »
    Heading to Paris, starting 14 days off tonight, so I’m in 2 minds, either go Paris Dublin and have the missus follow me, or Paris Jeddah and spend a few days off with the mutt.

What do you think.?

Jesus smurf, do you work work at all? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

anewme wrote: »
    Went out for Afternoon tea in a posh hotel yesterday. Ladies who lunch.

Something went wrong somewhere along the line and I woke up this morning after getting in all hours with a nightclub stamp on my wrist. Its been years. When I looked at it first I thought I'd got a tattoo.

Craving stodge and Lucozade now.

Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Back in the leaba...ate a huge roll with 2 fried eggs and easi single cheese, a can of coke and a cup of tea. Stuffed.

The staff in the shop were looking at me weirdly, the head on me.

Too old for this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sitting room side trying to make sense of the terrible tragic news I got last night , a friend I went to school with, her baby brother 20, decided he didn't want to live anymore and took his own life yesterday, I am absolutely heartbroken for them,he was such a lovely kid, he had his problems, I'm calling to them later but I didn't sleep a wink last night worrying about her and her family, I can't even begin to imagine what pain she was/is feeling last night and since this happened, it's just a horrific situation, sorry for bringing the thread down.

At least as far as I am concerned you have not brought the thread down, Sephy.
    Sending a gentle virtual hug.

Had a great lunch, not chips, polenta and rabbit in a red wine based sauce followed by lovely rich coffee. Its scurry back indoors fast, weather. Sky like a grey water balloon about to pop.

Found some strange markings carved into.stone ledge over what I think was a well, kind of intrigued now.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Ah Seph that’s so sad . Sending hugs to u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So sorry to hear that Seph.

Suicide is a real b1tch. Too many unanswered questions & what if thoughts by those left behind. All you can do is support them the best you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting room side trying to make sense of the terrible tragic news I got last night , a friend I went to school with, her baby brother 20, decided he didn't want to live anymore and took his own life yesterday, I am absolutely heartbroken for them,he was such a lovely kid, he had his problems, I'm calling to them later but I didn't sleep a wink last night worrying about her and her family, I can't even begin to imagine what pain she was/is feeling last night and since this happened, it's just a horrific situation, sorry for bringing the thread down.

That's so sad Seph you didn't bring the thread down , take it easy on yourself .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seph, far from bringing the thread down, I'm glad you could talk about it here.. Hugs man, it's a shock, you're a good friend..

Mind yourself Seph,very sorry to hear that,post away here.xxx

Sorry to hear that Seph. May he RIP.

Jesus smurf, do you work work at all?
    LOL this is work, not my fault that our machine broke down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So sorry to hear that Seph (hugs)

Just for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sending hugs your way Seph.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Seph - I am so sorry to hear of that news. :(

Suicide is such a shocking thing and leaves so many devastated families, friends and unanswered questions in its wake. I know you will be a consoling ear and comfort to your old school friend in her time of grief. Please also make sure to look after yourself too. Hugs!

In my favourite chair, living room side on my tablet. Got up an hour ago after a much needed lie-in. Wondering what to do about the gas CH boiler which seems to have gone on the blink today. :( I need this happening like a bloody hole in the head. Grr!! :mad: It was only serviced last October. :( Will have to get in touch with the plumbers who serviced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Ah Seph, I’m sorry to read that. Holler if you need a chat bro! All you can do is be there for your friend.

Happy birthday Perse!

Couchside, after packing for my trip tomorrow.

Seph you are such a good friend. We are all here for you. Post any time. Please please be kind to yourself as well.

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In my favourite chair, living room side on my tablet. Got up an hour ago after a much needed lie-in. Wondering what to do about the gas CH boiler which seems to have gone on the blink today. :( I need this happening like a bloody hole in the head. Grr!! :mad: It was only serviced last October. :( Will have to get in touch with the plumbers who serviced it.

JK have you checked over on the plumbing/heating thread for a solution? They know all the answers to boiler issues and may save you waiting a few days for a call out.

Asked the missus what she wanted to do for two weeks off, she has decided that we will do a road trip with the mutt.

Leaving on a jet plane, finally (as a passenger)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry to read about your friend, Seph. Be kind to yourself.

Happy birthday, Perse, go celebrate in style.

Tableside wondering how Duvet's night ended ...

Seph #hugs#

Sorry to read about your friend, Seph. Be kind to yourself.

Happy birthday, Perse, go celebrate in style.

Tableside wondering how Duvet's night ended ...

Chipper,home,coma lol..felt great this morning but it all started to fall apart around lunch time ,absolutely shattered and in slow motion,old age is a biiiatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Seph... #manly bear hug#

One of my nieces just had lunch at Kilkenny Pub in Berlin.

Had to tell her that i know a chips van guy and one of his regulars from boards.ie in the real Kilkenny. A friend of her on FB chimed in telling us she is living next to K. Time for family holidays?🤔

The world is small.😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hugs Seph, am so sorry - mind yourself and chat anytime!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the car with the OH for a drive around the Howth/Malahide area - and maybe further afield - after a delish late brunch in Bram's Cafe in Marino.

Anyone here looking for a great place for weekend no-nonsense all day full Irish breakfast at a decent price - I can't recommend Bram's highly enough!

Oh...and a Very Happy Belated Birthday Persepoly!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In the homestead looking out at some sheep who are looking right back at me.

Listening to an audio message from my very precious friend V. Feelin' odd. I can't even find a word for the feeling.

Dinner's being cooked for me...nothing else happening:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anxious as all heck, I wanna stay home waaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

Long-time lurker, first time poster. Wishing everyone a most pleasant evening!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sincere good wishes now. X

To thine own self be true

ReneeCali wrote: »
    Long-time lurker, first time poster. Wishing everyone a most pleasant evening!!

Hi and welcome to the madhouse :) !!

Meant to mention couchside now wreakkkkkkkked and wish my dinner would just appear in front of me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

My heartfelt condolences Seph to you, your friend and their family.

Having my dinner and catching up on new back home.

Just in , fire lighting back up , chicken pasta bake waiting to go into the oven , coffee while waiting on the temp to rise .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was woken at 5am to a text that obviously wasn't meant for me.
    They wanted to know if I'd be interested in going to Scotland.
    Should I accept? :D

To thine own self be true

I was woken at 5am to a text that obviously wasn't meant for me.
    They wanted to know if I'd be interested in going to Scotland.
    Should I accept? :D

Accept !
    Ask them for the details and see what they say :p

Watching Ink Masters , tomorrow's dinner organised .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Fireside by the warm flames with an equally warming glass of red, enjoying silence.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement