Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wee doggo knocked in for a visit. Only welcome knock at the door here!.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Snoozle time in casa grem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Snoozle time in casa grem

Cute as !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just had a haircut by my own fair hand. 2 inches, as it had become wispy tipped and I put it off since last summer. Much less irritating now. Looks thicker.

Tidying my books and watching the changing weather, sun clouds sun clouds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Getting a wisdom tooth out at 8am tomorrow and then have to go on into work. Not looking forward to it tbh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Eleysian wrote: »
    Getting a wisdom tooth out at 8am tomorrow and then have to go on into work. Not looking forward to it tbh....

Can you not take the day?

I know they don't give a cert, but I was absolutely exhausted after I got my first one out. Removed on Thursday I was useless ( more than usual) until Saturday /Sunday. I took the Friday as annual leave and parked in front of the TV.

I got another removed when pregnant so no painkillers with a two year old also running about...to be honest I've had 3 removed (2 at dentist one at dental surgeon as impacted) and I didn't find it overly painful, just uncomfortable.

Good luck :)

I wish I could Princess.
    I work in a university and have a colleague visiting from the US who will be giving seminars tomorrow. I have to be there really. Hopefully he be will be gone about 3pm so I can come home and recover a bit.

You deserved a medal for doing it when pregnant and with a two year old!

I wish I could Princess.
    I work in a university and have a colleague visiting from the US who will be giving seminars tomorrow. I have to be there really. Hopefully he be will be gone about 3pm so I can come home and recover a bit.

You deserved a medal for doing it when pregnant and with a two year old!

On the plus side you can stock up on the "good" over the counter painkillers :)

Seemingly the risk of infection during pregnancy can be dangerous, so it had to come out. The dentist had already flagged it as a future problem and the pregnancy aggravated it and brought it to a head.

Best of luck, hopefully the seminar isn't more painful than the extraction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Home after a productive day.
    Did sfa tbf, but got into some negotiations with my boss and he wants me to take some of the work on contract myself after I finish up on Friday, something I wanted in a while but they said no, part of my reason for quitting in the first place.
    We agreed a deal today anyway so I'm happy out.
    Cooking egg and chips for dinner, I'm tempted to have a couple of sausages too.

Work work work....
    Today is my Friday though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Home at last, head strong mare-2 me-0.Tomorrow is a new day, heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

bubblypop wrote: »
    Work work work....
    Today is my Friday though :)

The only joys of Shift work..and the money, but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Just back from roadside...🚲

Visited a friend of mine and gave him his new fryer. It was living in my cupboard for 16 years unused. That’s the guy i got my trustworthy “The Donk(ey)” bike trailer from. He is happy, i am happy and i brought back 26 bottles and 19 cans. Easy 11,25€ drinking money earned. 😄

Got a free lunch and a beer at the local aquarium club as well, perfect day.🍺😋

^^^ Love your posts black forest.
    I was reading about your “new” bicycle you were putting together the other night. I thought how nice it would be to cycle through Germany.

Cup of tea and homemade butter biscuits. Viewed a cottage in Co.Limerick.
    Need to see others but I think it's the one for us.
    Finally letting myself think about what life will be like.
    Sleep tight, lovelies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Loughc wrote: »
    Ignore the first task first, then the rest just fall in line.

That's what I love about this thread, there's always someone around to give constructive advice :D

Homeside again, after being out and about with the camera. Not the smartest decision, given the temperature and wind outside...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Couch side after demolishing a dominos. Diet starts Thursday right?!?

Cup of tea and homemade butter biscuits. Viewed a cottage in Co.Limerick.
    Need to see others but I think it's the one for us.
    Finally letting myself think about what life will be like.
    Sleep tight, lovelies.

What part of County Limerick if I may ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Have Mam and Duvet fecked off to Greece?

• Advertisement

I think the allure of a KitKat was too much to resist,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ssshhhh , she's asleep , too much shenanigans last night ;)

Kitchen , Ink Master on tv , love watching the different styles of tattoos . About to make the pancake batter for tomorrow , I pity myself already as I'll be making enough to feed an army .

Ah crap forgot pancake day. Oh bother..

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

^^^ Love your posts black forest.
    I was reading about your “new” bicycle you were putting together the other night. I thought how nice it would be to cycle through Germany.

The whole area here around Freiburg is bicycle crazy. 😉

Freiburg, the next bigger city just 18km away, alone has over 400km of designated cycle lanes and paths. The whole region is plastered with tarmac dirt roads which are getting used as well. As you can see on my piccies there is nearly everywhere one just next to a normal road or is crossing the fields directly. Since decades the “Tour de France” makes a little detour here as well.

Jan Ulrich, the doper, was just living in the next village for years. 🚴🏼😊

There are literally thousands of kilometers open for bicycles. The whole valley of the river Rhine is one big cycle paradise. And when that’s not enough you can always venture uphill into the Black Forest. Personally i like it flat with the occasional little hill in between.

Absolutely gorgeous for me are the rides through a summer night and stopping right in the middle of the fields enjoying the silence and the stars. ✨ 😄

The OpenStreetMap below shows only a small selection of bicycle routes around my place.😉

Deskside with a tea and the snoring visitor cat next to me on “her” personal arm chair.😂

P.s. Freiburg is celebrating it’s 900 year jubilee this year. My little village is celebrating 1200 years. What do these city slickers know about history.😂

Wow - thanks for that information Black Forest. So well described. I might just start planning a trip. You are a great ambassador for the area.

Bedside - dreading the dentist. Ho hum...
    Have a good evening one and all.

Good luck with the dentist, Eleysian. Don't forget to put your tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy.

Couchside considering a cup of tea.

• Advertisement

Heading to bed before I lose my temper. So goodnight mi amigos, may tomorrow be good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Loughc wrote: »
    Couch side after demolishing a dominos. Diet starts Thursday right?!?

Lent starts Wednesday!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Just back from roadside...🚲

Visited a friend of mine and gave him his new fryer. It was living in my cupboard for 16 years unused. That’s the guy i got my trustworthy “The Donk(ey)” bike trailer from. He is happy, i am happy and i brought back 26 bottles and 19 cans. Easy 11,25€ drinking money earned. 😄

Got a free lunch and a beer at the local aquarium club as well, perfect day.ðŸºðŸ˜‹

On the continent meself at the minute. The beer.. oh the fkn beer! 24 bottles of Heineken today for a tenner in the local jumbo... How do people get sh!t done here? T'would never work at home
    Edit: Steel pulse providing a nice soundtrack to go with the biertjes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, wide awake :( im a bit screwed for tomorrow, got a load on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Heading to the coalface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all. Balcony with the mutt eating freshly baked scones with cream cheese.

Good luck with the dentist, Eleysian. Don't forget to put your tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy.

I am hoping she is a lovely tooth fairy who will leave me a nice box of Nurofen Plus under my pillow for any pain. I am such a wuss...

Have a good day one and all.

Who hoo.
    Four days off! Going to visit friend & her kids in the country today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the tram to work, it's disgustingly wet and cold out. Kids were with their dad overnight so I was able to have a long shower in peace this morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

Sleety ran falling just 2.4C

The salt mines beckon

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning All!

Doggies & cats happy out. There is definitely a stretch in the evenings (I'm sounding more like my Dad every day) as Dippy & Dappy Duck refused to be housed last night ... it took ages to shut them in. I'm deskside waiting for the smallies to arrive and preparing to make pancakes. Had a blissful drive into work. "Chariots of Fire" was playing on Lyric ... it's just gotta be a sign that a nice day awaits!
    Wishing all Wherers a lovely day!

What part of County Limerick if I may ask?

It's in a townland called Bruff :)

I'm not fond of that name but would like to know what An Brù means, as thats the original, Irish name.

I do love the fact that the river there is called the Morning Star river. Limerick seems to have awkward place names but beguiling river names (the River Mage is another magical sounding one).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Late check in today, I had a doc appointment and nearly forgot but my Mrs didn't, so I had a desperate rush around for a while.
    Came across this little story, thought I'd share.

An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h in 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with Tempo Mach 2 appears.
    The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus flight, boring flight isn’t it? Take care and have a look here!”

He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, only to swoop down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks, "Well, how was that?"

The Airbus pilot answers: "Very impressive, but now have a look here!"

The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly stubbornly straight, with the same speed. After five minutes, the Airbus pilot radioed, "Well, what are you saying now?"

The jet pilot asks confused: "What did you do?" The other laughs and says, "I got up, stretched my legs, went to the back of the flight to the bathroom, got a cup of coffee and a cinnamon cake.

The moral of the story is:
    When you are young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, comfort and peace are not to be despised either.
    This is called S.O.S.: Slower, Older, Smarter.

Dedicated to all my friends who like me likes the S.O.S. approach! ✈️

I look forward to the day I learn to s.o.s :) and I'm not younger than most people here, as far as I know :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, at work. Checking my work related emails before heading off to give a lecture at 11am.

Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone! :)

• Advertisement

---

There was a time that we had to learn that and were tested prior to getting a licence. These days we never use or see it in use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Deskside, waiting on my favorite person :) ive already cleaned up, put out bins, gone to the shop and its not even 11:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

smurfjed wrote: »
    ---

There was a time that we had to learn that and were tested prior to getting a licence. These days we never use or see it in use :)

I passed an exam too and still use it regularly :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Having a cuppa thinking of elysian, hope the extraction went well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Break time at the coalface and I hope Eleysian isn't in pain :)

Sneachta! Too wet to stick so will have to stay workside.

Out of my psych app. Still trying to find my feet with new guy.

I passed an exam too and still use it regularly
    Wow, I didn't realise that it was still used regularly. In aviation the only use that i can think of is for Non-Directional Beacon (NDB) radio aids, and we don't have any to them in this area.

Hang in there Grem.

• Advertisement

Cooking a fry (in the oven) for lunch. Not for me. Glorious sunny day here.
    Cut more of my hair.
    Nothing else happening here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement