Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm eating a bag of Hot Lips crisps and by god they're gorgeous :D

Glitch is a pain alright

I have some chocolate hobnobs. I fear i won't be able to fit out the door when i finish work :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I have some chocolate hobnobs. I fear i won't be able to fit out the door when i finish work :o

I'd love a chocolate hob nob :)

Have to go shopping tomorrow so I'll add them to my list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Please take my nobs away Auto!! :P

Please take my nobs away Auto!! :P

Ooooh Grem ;):D. Is the glitch affecting you ;):D

My lovely choccy nobs, how dare you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Think that's me out for the time being also , time to trawl Netflix for a bit.

Stoopid piggin glitch, ye poor sods..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love a chocolate hob nob :)

Have to go shopping tomorrow so I'll add them to my list

I'll pm you my shopping list thanks ;)

• Advertisement

I've been lurking in this thread the last few days. Just looking for anything to take my mind off the obvious. You're all so Randy in here it's difficult to know when it's appropriate to say hi so I'm taking advantage of the glitch causing a lull! :D Hiiii

I have posted in this thread once or twice but not often.

Btw I was going to say you're all so Randy it's hard to know... But I changed hard to difficult because... Well because you're all so Randy! :D

Who's this randy your talking about ;)

Seph I will buy your Lyons tea bags for you :D

Bedside ,Shenanigans on a Monday night and Sephers is the only man here at the moment afaik...go easy ladies. 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Welcome BB :D
    Who's this randy your talking about ;)

Seph I will buy your Lyons tea bags for you :D

Rbt7n8p.jpg

Welcome, BuileBeag! What you witnessed was a rare moment of madness causes by social distancing, we're all actually very reserved and innocent.

Except Sephers, keep an eye on him.

:D Seph your too funny

:D Seph your too funny

That's hilarious! :D

Myself and Pinterest are having great fun :D

The lack of salons/hairdressers would never have crossed my mind.. Maybe i should hand back my woman card??

• Advertisement

Myself and Pinterest are having great fun :D

Lol.

Actually traumatised.

Lol.

Actually traumatised.

That was a selfie :(

:D

Lol.

Actually traumatised.

Me too! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Evening folks! How’s everyone doing? Had an internet hiatus again! They getting so regular recently! :D Tonight seems to be about Randy glitching?

Beside watching MORE TV! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've been lurking in this thread the last few days. Just looking for anything to take my mind off the obvious. You're all so Randy in here it's difficult to know when it's appropriate to say hi so I'm taking advantage of the glitch causing a lull! :D Hiiii

I have posted in this thread once or twice but not often.

Btw I was going to say you're all so Randy it's hard to know... But I changed hard to difficult because... Well because you're all so Randy! :D

So randy it even got capitalised :)

To thine own self be true

Except Sephers, keep an eye on him.

Excuse you!

*fixes halo*

• Advertisement

My partner is more worried about the barbers being closed than I am about the hairdressers etc. In fairness long hair on most women is nice..

Only some fellas can pull it off.

Evening folks! How’s everyone doing? Had an internet hiatus again! They getting so regular recently! :D Tonight seems to be about Randy glitching?

Beside watching MORE TV! :D

I was worried you were back in the morgue! Welcome back to the asylum, we have some new inmates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The lack of salons/hairdressers would never have crossed my mind.. Maybe i should hand back my woman card??

I get my hair cut once a year if it’s lucky and I had my hair cut three weeks ago so I’ve 49 weeks now for this virus to sort itself out. I do my own nails and eyebrows and waxing and tinting and facials and all if I have to. Be grand. Like my father would say to me, who’d be looking at me anyway

I’m in bed back is misbehaving but ok for now. Someone’s coming to fix boiler in morning

Excuse you!

*fixes halo*

That halo has well and truly fallin off :D

Seph your codding no one but yourself :D

Whistles innocently ;)

So randy it even got capitalised :)

Yeah autocorrect kept capitalising it but I decided to leave it like that for emphasis! :D

• Advertisement

*sniggers*

You'll fit in! (Pun intended)

My partner is more worried about the barbers being closed than I am about the hairdressers etc. In fairness long hair on most women is nice..

Hmmm...I'm saying nothing lol.

That halo has well and truly fallin off :D

Seph your codding no one but yourself :D

Whistles innocently ;)

Did honeybear teach you that whistle ;) :pac:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

welcome along :D

I'm heading bedside :)

*sniggers*

You'll fit in! (Pun intended)

Hahahaha dammit! What is wrong with you people. Such twisted minds! :D:D

Did honeybear teach you that whistle ;) :pac:?

Maybe ;):D

Leggy,have you had your boiler checked recently?😂

That was Sepher's fault.

Now you know I'm the innocent one around here...........they were at yesterday as well and made me think I was in trouble

:pac::D

Now you know I'm the innocent one around here...........they were at yesterday as well and made me think I was in trouble

:pac::D

I know no such thing!

• Advertisement

Leggy,have you had your boiler checked recently?😂

No, I think it's due a full service, it'll need to be thoroughly inspected and the pump action assessed.

No, I think it's due a full service, it'll need to be thoroughly inspected and the pump action assessed.

fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

How's your boiler, Duvet?

They're not talking about boilers are they?

They're not talking about boilers are they?

We are! What else could we possibly mean?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So, I’m going to get a relatively early night tonight. I have quite a bit to do work wise (from home) tomorrow and want to be fresh as a daisy tomorrow.

Here are some very wise and reassuring words from a teacher in China, which is now starting to come out the other side of the Covid-19 situation, a friend sent it to me on WhatsApp.

This is from a teacher in China reflecting on lock down. It’s really nice.

We are just finishing our 7th week of E-Learning, seven weeks of being mainly housebound and seven weeks of uncertainty. We are healthy, we are happy, and we are humbled.

We are allowed to move around freely now with a green QR code that we show when we get our temperature taken. You get your temperature taken everywhere, and it's just become part of the routine. Most restaurants and shopping centres are now open, and life is coming back to our city.

As we watch the rest of the world begin their time inside; here are some of my reflections on the last seven weeks:

1. Accept that you have no control over the situation. Let go of any thoughts of trying to plan too much for the next month or two. Things change so fast. Don't be angry and annoyed at the system. Anxiety goes down, and you make the best of the situation - whatever that might be for you. Accept that this is what it is and things will get easier.

2. Try not to listen to/read/watch too much media. It WILL drive you crazy. There is a thing as too much!

3. The sense of community I have felt during this time is incredible. I could choose who I wanted to spend my energy on - who I wanted to call, message and connect with and found the quality of my relationships has improved.

4. Appreciate this enforced downtime. When do you ever have time like this? I will miss it when we go back to the fast-paced speed of the 'real world'.

5. Time goes fast. I still haven't picked up the ukelele I planned to learn, and there are box set TV shows I haven't watched yet.

6. As a teacher, the relationships I have built with my students have only continued to grow. I have loved seeing how independent they are; filming themselves to respond to tasks while also learning essential life skills such as balance, risk-taking and problem-solving, that even we as adults are still learning.

7. You learn to appreciate the little things; sunshine through the window, flowers blossoming and being able to enjoy a coffee in a cafe.

To those just beginning this journey, You will get through it. Listen to what you are told, follow the rules and look out for each other. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Night night all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Sweet dreams all 😴 zz

Sweet dreams all �� zz

Sleep well :)

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Advertisement

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Night mon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement