Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Alonzo

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    They didn’t seem rough here either, I’d say just acting the eejit and being loud but otherwise harmless

Could always be worse yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

Alonzo wrote: »
    Could always be worse yeah

Could it?

Bed early last night so missed any who-ha!
    An early start to the new decade, Happy New Year everyone.

Heading to work....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's been so long since I hoo-haa'd, I wouldn't know how to anymore.

I should make a philosophical first wherer update of the new year. But start as I need to go on.

Bedside, too comfy to get up & pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Morning all. Having a nice coffee in the quiet of the morning.
    Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Happy new year all, hope you all had a good night and are rested and in good form today.
    I'm having my tea and toast with the doggies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just in from walkies ... it’s a beautiful January 1st morning.
    I’m thinking 2020 has a nice look about it ... here’s hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I survived another apocalypse prediction. I suspect you did too.
    Couchside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy 1st 2020 :)

Grem I hope you and your mrs are on the mend ((hugs))

Here's to us taking over the world :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cup of the peruvian sweet stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside. Missed everything just like I planned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Deskside with a cup of the peruvian sweet stuff.

Knock knock - I’m outside with my own mug for a cup of your Peruvian special. Thanking you.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....All is quiet on New Year's Day, a world in white gets underway, I want to be with you be with you, night and day, Nothing changes on New Year's Day....

Morning all

It's a cool dry grey one 3.7C

Kitchen with the porridge/toast/coffee routine, my thoughtful woman brought me some food which I'll have at lunchtime :)

Hope a relaxing day for all

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"I don't need your G's and your car keys boy I like you just the way ya are"
    Dancing into 2020 with a new masterpiece born on my work table. Shame I can't do photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Bedside, all is quiet in the house, too quiet....

Was up alot with one of smallies last night. Long story but he has an issue where he wakes most nights for a couple of hours. Some nights will be calm enough, others thinks the whole house should be up with him.(he has intellectual disability so not easy to explain to him.)

Oh there we go, smallest is awake now. Time to peel myself of the bed and face the day. Think Mrs Cushtie deserves another hour or two in bed.

Back to normality tomorrow and the 6.45 alarm

edit:

Happy 2020 all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just woken up and headed for coffee. Not sure how I’ll ever wake up on time for work again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside making coffee number 2 🤪🤪

Eleysian wrote: »
    Knock knock - I’m outside with my own mug for a cup of your Peruvian special. Thanking you.... :pac:

😛😸
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just woken up and headed for coffee. Not sure how I’ll ever wake up on time for work again!

Sounds you could do with a cup of the peruvian sweet stuff poochie 😏😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sounds you could do with a cup of the peruvian sweet stuff poochie 😏😸

sounds like a good boxer name... Peruvian "sweet stuff" Poochie

either that or I am just sleep deprived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mexican wrestler!

Gladly take the cup of Peruvian Seph, cheers!

I should have known that episode of Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings would end in tears ... of course I still had to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

honeybear wrote: »
    I should have known that episode of Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings would end in tears ... of course I still had to watch it!

Oh is it good? must watch it...

anewme wrote: »
    Oh is it good? must watch it...

anewman, I was watching the “Down from Dover” episode. A bit slow moving but I’ll definitely try another.

anewman, I was watching the “Down from Dover” episode. A bit slow moving but I’ll definitely try another.

Passed it a few times but might to watch it, wasn’t sure what it was.

Just realised I’ve turned into A New Man for 2020😂

Ahhh, sure a change is as good as a rest!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hmm what to do of a Wednesday?

anewme wrote: »
    Passed it a few times but might to watch it, wasn’t sure what it was.

Just realised I’ve turned into A New Man for 2020��

Ahhh, sure a change is as good as a rest!

Apologies anewme!!!

Heading to the shop.
    Hmm what to do of a Wednesday?

High stool? :-P

Apologies anewme!!!

I’m still laughing.

12 hours in and no resolutions broken yet.
    I am atop a mountain looking at the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just had a pizza and now debating whether to stay on couch watching line of duty or go to the pub

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Getting ready to spend another day at the beach.

Warm and sunny but pretty windy today. Flying back on Saturday next so going to make the most of the next few days. :)

Just had a pizza and now debating whether to stay on couch watching line of duty or go to the pub

I vote for the high stool :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back to work tomorrow with a lovely 9am departure.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Back to work tomorrow with a lovely 9am departure.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Its not :) The following day it's a 4am departure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting watching cool runnings, nursing a hang over .

• Advertisement

That's a sweet film.
    Just relaxing in my own kitchen.

Back in my own place.

Couchside enjoying a cuppa.

I fear the Glenroes wil be bad later. Back to work in the morning.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Back in my own place.

Couchside enjoying a cuppa.

I fear the Glenroes wil be bad later. Back to work in the morning.

They mightnt be too bad as it's a Thursday, I worked Monday and Tuesday, had booked tomorrow off for no reason but I'm going to go in and might take a halfer or work all day depending on the mood..I've wasted a lot of annual leave recently taking random days and not doing anything productive with them.

Couchside, jacket on,waiting to be taken to the pub,I'm only going because I feel I'm becoming a hermit and totally loving it..Netflix is my new best friend but I really have to start mixing with humans.

Costa drinking a hot chocolate, €5.20 for my trouble. Costa fortune, robbing bastards. Bet she had her little balaclava under the counter ha. Got a bottle of buckfast in the supermarket because 2020 marks the year I turn 32, so buckfast introduced itself to me half my life ago. I’d be a sentimental bitch

Ah jaysis shoes, buckfast!
    You can treat yourself to better :)

Home, & ironing for the evening..... The glamour

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ah jaysis shoes, buckfast!
    You can treat yourself to better :)

Home, & ironing for the evening..... The glamour

I have a bottle of graham Norton’s Prosecco for luckiest man. But I had some of the best nights of my life drinking buckfast. It’s a little nod to young me, although I don’t think I’ve changed a bit. My friend has a 7 year old, who I’ve known since she was a baby. And she knows she’s not allowed interrupt the adults, but the moment I join the party she’ll stick her head round the door and ask me if I’m going upstairs/in to watch Telly. Child no more classes me as an adult than the man in the moon. I’m going to be that mad aul one that sits at the teenage table at family events, telling inappropriate stories and they’ll be like please auntie Lexie you’re making Easter dinner very uncomfortable and I will love it

" cause a little bit's turning into a lot. Guess I'm everything I thought I was not.."

Watching a hula hooping video my friend sent me and thinking it looks great for staying limber. Another new hobby for this most fabulous year? :)

Cooking a meal for my favourite person. But am riddled with heartburn....sooooore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Looks like I'm goona break first new years resolution and get take away for dinner. Swore wasn't going to see another one until at least Easter weekend.
    Chinese or Pizza?

Cushtie wrote: »
    Looks like I'm goona break first new years resolution and get take away for dinner. Swore wasn't going to see another one until at least Easter weekend.
    Chinese or Pizza?

Both, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb

Cushtie wrote: »
    Chinese or Pizza?

0fc.gif

On my way home, 3 pints ,town is absolutely empty, Lennoxs closed wtf,I've broken my drinking and eating resolutions,getting hillbillys, with my ex so please god dont let me break any other resolution lol...in the car waiting for grub, why dafuq did o cancel my annual leave tomorrow, pished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In my boyfriend’s sisters house. Was dreading the chrimbo period and all it encompassed but all things considered it wasn’t too bad. Drank and ate my weight and I can actually feel it. Even my limbs feel heavier. There’s a lot to be said for having small kids around you, and I was blessed with five this year. I’m not a New Years resolution type of girl, more of a change as you see fit kind of person; but am going to try and be more positive this year and see all the good things in life. Ara it’s just the same old shlt though really isn’t it. Lol that lasted all of five seconds.

Anyway Happy NY folks, ye are a sound bunch. Most of ye anyway :pac:

Spinning a lot of plates here.

Browsing boards, watching the darts on telly & footie on tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Probably a typical post NYE scenario. But if I was in Cork tonight on the jar and Lennox's was closed, I'd fookin wreck the place.:D The NYD pints are always the better ones.....usually.

Cooked a nice roast chicken and ham dinner earlier with stuffing and mash and veg and gravy etc. Went for a few scoops in a local and they were all depressed as fook.:eek: When I say "they" I mean the hand full in the place. Moany hole feckers! Home now and suppin a beer. Getting peckish so may try the Chinese later.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement