Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bed for me too. Enjoy the peace, Grem. :)

Goodnight! I won't sleep yet. Have to be incredibly sleepy these nights before I go to bed or just lie there for hours anxiously mulling everything over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same, need to be near delirious before i can lie down for a snooze these days

Same, need to be near delirious before i can lie down for a snooze these days

It's awful isn't it. Like I was always a night owl and would often lie in bed not able to sleep because my mind was working away but I was grand with that. I quite like just lazing about in bed but it's so different now. It's extremely unpleasant lying there trying unsuccessfully to control my thoughts.

You're working are you gremlinertia? Is it essential or non essential? Do you think it will close up? Do you want it to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I was worried you were back in the morgue! Welcome back to the asylum, we have some new inmates.

So many Batmanesque references I’m taking from that Leg! And I like it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work is possibly about to get more essential so i don't see myself being off yet. However things can change.. It's such an unknown quantity, don't know how much mgmt can or will pare back with an increase in production

I too am loving the batman references, did you watch Gotham on netflix?

Crazy tired, two hours to go.. Getting sent house and cat photos from friends in canada :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Awake since 2.30 playing stuff over in my mind.

Being alone a lot does give you a chance to think about what happened and why.

Yup, i'm locked into my office, even less interaction than ever but at least i have a role here.. Bus home stresses me, try be cheerful-ish at home then.. Very hard to adjust when this could go on for months yet, that there's no timeline.. Anyway Anewme, my inbox always open, same goes for the rest of you fine folk on this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Welcome to the thread BuileBeag! I hope you'll stick around, I've always liked you and your positive posts. Welcom back IamMetaldave aka Batman, good to have you back but please turn the metal music down as you are keeping anewme awake. I see there was more smut and filth last night, I disapprove and I judge you all for it.
    my inbox always open, same goes for the rest of you fine folk on this thread wink.png
    Thank you for opening your box to us all. It is appreciated in these difficult times.

• Advertisement

Guy *high fives* niiiiiiiiiiiiiice :pac:

anewme wrote: »
    Awake since 2.30 playing stuff over in my mind.

Being alone a lot does give you a chance to think about what happened and why.
    I second what Grem The Great said, if you ever want to talk my inb... eh Private Messages are always open to you. I understand what you mean, I've had many nights like that myself. Are you getting outside much? Like a brisk walk or some such? I would recommend one not long before you go to bed if that's possible or you could look on YouTube for some meditation or deep breathing exercises to do in bed. I do them often and they knock me out for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Guy Person wrote: »
    I second what Grem The Great said, if you ever want to talk my inb... eh Private Messages are always open to you. I understand what you mean, I've had many nights like that myself. Are you getting outside much? Like a brisk walk or some such? I would recommend one not long before you go to bed if that's possible or you could look on YouTube for some meditation or deep breathing exercises to do in bed. I do them often and they knock me out for the night.

Just a current stressy situation.

I had to deliver some unwanted news to someone and I'm worrying about how they will cope with it.

Great to have so many good people on here looking out for people.

Anewme, they'll cope one way or another, be there for them if that's appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Just up, kettle on and will have tea and toast when it boils.
    I slept well, but this morning I feel a bit anxious for some reason, not like me at all.
    I'm going walking early, it should be quiet.
    Have a good day all and be careful out there.
    I'm avoiding social media as much as possible, it's gone mad and depressing mostly.
    This thread is a great distraction.

A level of anxiety is probably close to normal for a lot of people of late, if it persists give me a shout, done some work on my own, could share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Tnx Grem, if I need I be in touch.

Of course I was awake at 6am, but I got to lie on for an hour before the dog demanded attention.
    Not working till late, so have the whole day to do......... Something!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cupan Tae and brown soda bread , anxious here as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

What about the cork fella's ðŸ˜ðŸ˜?

I'm not keen on them :D

• Advertisement

Just to clarify...my loyalty is to Tipperary...always has been...one of its people in particular...sorry if I've ever unintentionally come across as seriosly propositioning anyone here.

Feel really off and temp back to 39 just now. Actually vomited phlegm. Memorys f****d. Keep wondering if I'd already said whatever I was just about to say.

Whats been on the news?
    Christ I don't know people with lung conditions cope :(

I dont need nor am I seeking any sympathy or anything, I'm not actually scared or panicked or anything. Nicely detached!

Jesus Widders...I definitely didn't take it seriously...you all know me by now, it's all in jest...and my sense of humour can be a bit.... much shall we say at times.... apologies if you thought I was serious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

`You will never guess where I am.

`You will never guess where I am.

I'm going with either ....work....or buried up to your nuts in Bibi Baskin?

Feeling better today... yesterday was a migraine...the nausea hit me before the pain which threw me a bit.
    Went to the doc to collect my prescription and he gave me 20 more to bring to my chemist for other patients :)

I'm going with either ....work....or buried up to your nuts in Bibi Baskin?

So so close. :pac:

So so close. :pac:

Thelma Mansfield?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m freaked woke up this am with bliiiiiinding headache and a scratchy throat 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 hope it’s not bat flu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Kitchenside working out how to get around a problem this morning. I think I've resolved it.

Jesus Widders...I definitely didn't take it seriously...you all know me by now, it's all in jest...and my sense of humour can be a bit.... much shall we say at times.... apologies if you thought I was serious :)

Not you m'dear! Honestly. I just had a think about some of my past posts about my engagement and other things I mentioned and on top of that any joke flirting I do and I thought people here don't know me, god knows what it might seem like. A moment of overthinking, maybe :)

Kitchenside working out how to get around a problem this morning. I think I've resolved it.

Not you m'dear! Honestly. I just had a think about some of my past posts about my engagement and other things I mentioned and on top of that any joke flirting I do and I thought people here don't know me, god knows what it might seem like. A moment of overthinking, maybe :)

Ah I don't think anyone here would even suggest you're that kind of girl....now if it was Duvet ! .... :D

I’m freaked woke up this am with bliiiiiinding headache and a scratchy throat �������������������� hope it’s not bat flu

A hangover headache and sore throat from smoking too many doobies last night?

Seriously though, give it a few hours and see if it passes.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the thread BuileBeag! I hope you'll stick around, I've always liked you and your positive posts. Welcom back IamMetaldave aka Batman, good to have you back but please turn the metal music down as you are keeping anewme awake. I see there was more smut and filth last night, I disapprove and I judge you all for it.

Thank you for opening your box to us all. It is appreciated in these difficult times.

Thanks Guy! :)
    anewme wrote: »
    Just a current stressy situation.

Great to have so many good people on here looking out for people.

The Wherers are great people Anewrne! You'll enjoy it here!
    I'm avoiding social media as much as possible, it's gone mad and depressing mostly.
    This thread is a great distraction.

I'vee done the same Bishop, I barely even look at the news! Sure it's all bad anyway!

Deskside - Coffee in hand. No metal music on today to keep Guy happy :D

From RTE, no official lockdown but not far off it at this stage.

"Some of the measures for discussion are expected to be the closure of non-essential premises, further social distancing measures, including the closure of playgrounds and parks, the closure of shops that cannot provide for social distancing and possibly some restrictions in relation to certain public transport."

And you go ahead and play metal music as loud as you want Dave, I like System of a Down which as loud as I'm willing to go with music but I'll not deny others their enjoyment neither. Rock on pal! :D

And you go ahead and play metal music as loud as you want Dave, I like System of a Down which as loud as I'm willing to go with music but I'll not deny others there enjoyment neither. Rock on pal! :D

Thanks buddy, I got a lone of a turntable for my music system last week.. I forgot how good vinyl was! We have destroyed music with digital.

Master of Puppets vinyl WOBBLING the apartment!!!!!!! \m/ :cool: \m/

Just saw the news too, I'm relieved if I'm honest because the uncertainty is over. Easier to adjust to a new reality than second guess measures, it's better that steps are taken to slow it down too as some people were carrying on as if it was an overreaction.

I've also just learned that I inadvertently use Batman references. :pac:

To the Batmobile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Dancing with the devil on page 666

Do you want to ride with Batman?

*arches eyebrow*

• Advertisement

Leg, are you sure you're not a Batfan too?? These references come so easy to you!

Legs would make a great Cat woman in an Austin Powers version of Batman.

Leg, are you sure you're not a Batfan too?? These references come so easy to you!

I like the cheesy 60s series that was regularly repeated when I was a child.

I saw 1 or 2 of the Michael Keating Batmans, i like the one with Danny DeVito as the penguin, but i wouldn't say I'm a huge fan.

The last reference is the Snickers ad. :D

Legs would make a great Cat woman in an Austin Powers version of Batman.

Oh behave, I mean meeooooow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Welcome to The Matrix :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've just popped onto the thread and I've no idea of where I am.

I like the cheesy 60s series that was regularly repeated when I was a child.

I saw 1 or 2 of the Michael Keating Batmans, i like the one with Danny DeVito as the penguin, but i wouldn't say I'm a huge fan.

The last reference is the Snickers ad. :D

Michael Keaton is the best Batman of them all! Danny made a great Penguin... will be weird to see Colin Farrell playing him in the new Batman movie.

https://cosmicbook.news/batman-colin-farrell-confirms-penguin

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You're in The Batrix Powers. Dave plays Neo but dressed as Batman and Leggy plays Felicity Shagwell but dressed as Catwoman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sardonicat wrote:

You cant blame the Glitch for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You're in The Batrix Powers. Dave plays Neo but dressed as Batman and Leggy plays Felicity Shagwell but dressed as Catwoman.

So who am I? Who are you?

Michael Keaton is the best Batman of them all! Danny made a great Penguin... will be weird to see Colin Farrell playing him in the new Batman movie.

https://cosmicbook.news/batman-colin-farrell-confirms-penguin

I hope they make him look small. Danny was just a perfect penguin, I'm surprised he didn't find himself in a zoo after that movie!

His cousin Ronan made Notting Hill.

I'm not in Notting Hill, but the lawn at home. Needs a haircut.

Your imagination is wild Guy!!! :D I always happy to pop the cowl on!
    I hope they make him look small. Danny was just a perfect penguin, I'm surprised he didn't find himself in a zoo after that movie!

You'd never know what the do.. there's been a bunch of versions in the comics so they have a lot of freedom with how he can look. :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So who am I? Who are you?
    You are the delightful Mrs. Robinson and I am a humble and kindly politician named Boris Trump. Together we fight crime, I'm a stickler for the rules but you throw the rule book out the window in your ravenous pursuit of the bad guys. We're an odd team but together we make it work.

His cousin Ronan made Notting Hill.

I'm not in Notting Hill, but the lawn at home. Needs a haircut.

Ronan shays it best when he shays nottin at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement