Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

gifted wrote: »
    Couch....it's my eldest chicks birthday today, 11, I remember I could hold her in one hand...and because of this bloody virus she can't go out and enjoy it with her friends....she's putting on a brave face bless her.

Happy birthday chick...hope you baked something nice for her,you haven't posted any pics recently, I'd love a Victoria sponge with oodles of cream or a coffee and walnut cake,ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy birthday chick...hope you baked something nice for her,you haven't posted any pics recently, I'd love a Victoria sponge with oodles of cream or a coffee and walnut cake,ta.

Oh I'd love a slice of coffee cake, would that be in the category Essential ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@widdershins.... did the vet come to your place?

As soon as I got back to the hotel in my monkey suit, I got approached by 5 different people asking who I worked for and could I get them out of the country, one American lady is here as a tourist with her mother and baby, not sure how she got stuck as there was time to escape, but alas they are getting zero support from their embassy.

Compare that to the Irish gov who are arranging flights from Peru and Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry I'm not posting here as often as I have been, we're just really busy in work.

Came off a night shift this morning, went to Lidl in East Wall where I have to give credit to a staff member.. I was in uniform and a staff member (I thought he was being a smart ass at first) said 'You're in the army, you're asking us to stay inside and you're out.. I started to explain that I was on the way home from a 24 hour shift, but half way through he said 'I'm only joking, I'm bringing you to a check out'.. And opened up a check out so I didn't have to que.

I don't expect special treatment, but when all I want is to get home to bed after a long and hectic shift I was delighted.

So, had a good nap. Sat out the back garden in the sun, now waiting for an off-licence delivery :)

Poor Richo is missing his walks on the beach but I can walk him in an local industrial est which is empty later.

Hope all is good with you and all your family.

A little funny follow on from above.

I had to drop into the chemist in East Wall (before I got to Lidl), I went right after my shift so I was there a little before opening.

I used to live in East Wall many years ago, I married into an East Wall/Sheriff Street family. Nothing happens unnoticed there, its still like a small village.

Anyway, I was standing outside the chemist in uniform and coming under the gaze of the locals. I over heard a small group talking about 'looks like the army is on the chemist now' lol

One of the older one's shuffles down, curiosity getting the better of her, ''are yis on the chemists now?'.. ''Yup''... She looks back at her friends, chuffed with herself... ''Are yis locking us down now?''.. ''Nope, I'm collecting a prescription I left in the other day'.. ''Oh.......'' and she shuffles off back down to her friends.

I know what East Wall is like, it'll be all over the place that ''the army were on the chemist this morning'' lol

Light relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Back from pounding the pavements here in dublin 16.
    It's so nice outside. It's like winter has gone. But I know it will get cold again at the weekend.

Passed by a wee Subaru on my walk. 4 young fellas in it smoking weed. I was more than a bit jealous to be honest as I tut tutted their lack of social distancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I am going to get seriously drunk tonight and I don't care. Cannot remember the last time I did that on a Wednesday night. I deserve to hide at the bottom of a glass just for one night and feel sorry for myself and mine and the whole fcking world.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I am going to get seriously drunk tonight and I don't care. Cannot remember the last time I did that on a Wednesday night. I deserve to hide at the bottom of a glass just for one night and feel sorry for myself and mine and the whole fcking world.

Tempted to do the same here, but I'm back in work at 7 in the morning.. So I'll join you but just get moderately drunkish :D

Inside the K on tonight but anyone got any Netflix recommends?.

Grandeeod wrote: »

Why not! I haven't drank in years but I polished off a bottle of wine one night recently. If now's not the time, when the heck is?!

I'm here in the kitchen looking at supplies and thinking I'm gonna make chocolate brownies with dried cranberries and walnuts. I'll wait until Friday though and then can enjoy them over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just been told by my cousin that the deputy British ambassador to Hungary has died from Covid..37years old...

Am cooking kebabs for meself.....summer body 2020 is proper fcked :)

Tempted to do the same here, but I'm back in work at 7 in the morning.. So I'll join you but just get moderately drunkish :D

Cheers Mak. I'm stuck into Disney+. Thinking of dropping Netflix for a few months. I need some innocence. :D
    Why not! I haven't drank in years but I polished off a bottle of wine one night recently. If now's not the time, when the heck is?!

I'm here in the kitchen looking at supplies and thinking I'm gonna make chocolate brownies with dried cranberries and walnuts. I'll wait until Friday though and then can enjoy them over the weekend.

That's the spirit or grape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If you want some weird ass , unbelievable **** , watch Tiger Kings , crazy !

Home , pizza and garlic dip and a bottle of water :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

A Ferrero rochero cake...she made it herself..proud out she is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen having dinner

If you need any tasters..........

*points to self*

:pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    a bottle of water :)

Trying to shame us! :D

Kitchen having dinner

If you need any tasters..........

*points to self*

:D

Change of plan. I'm making Mary Berry's Pecan and ginger syrup pudding with butterscotch sauce instead. The brownies can wait until next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sadly, can't drink wine. Think they're might be some lager in the house. Not sure if I should in my current frame of mind, but it's verrry tempting ....

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Sadly, can't drink wine. Think they're might be some lager in the house. Not sure if I should in my current frame of mind, but it's verrry tempting ....

Off licenses doing home delivery too ;)

• Advertisement

Glitchity glitch glitchity glitch ..

Trying to shame us! :D

Not a bit , would love a bottle of ice cold Bulmers tbh :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D

Change of plan. I'm making Mary Berry's Pecan and ginger syrup pudding with butterscotch sauce instead. The brownies can wait until next weekend.

drooling-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm on standby for tasting :pac:

Not something I usually drink but the minute I think of it, I'm sitting outside this really great old pub, with loads of outdoor seating and an amazing view, on a hot summers day!

I don't think I'll take such things for granted ever again!

drooling-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm on standby for tasting :pac:

I'm gonna make it on Saturday. It's my grans 101st birthday then and I won't get to see her so I'll mark the day with that cake and hopefully I'll be able to celebrate with her another time. You're invited for some Seph! You're all invited! Virtual old lady birthday party.. sounds amazing! :D:D

A large bottle into a pint glass of ice.:D

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    A Ferrero rochero cake...she made it herself..proud out she is.

Dear God, I would do anything for a slice of that right now,fair play to her,it looks gorgeous.

I never thought I'd say this but work is my saviour at the moment, unbelievably busy and stressful at times but those of us still on site are having a great laugh when we get a free few minutes.Im almost forgetting what's going on at the moment while I'm in there,I'm not even my usual grouchy cow in the morning.

I'm on the wine as are most of my friends, I made gorgeous homemade burgers for dinner and bought Tesco skinny chips which actually taste like McDonald's but nicer. I had it in my head all day that I needed something kind of rubbishy and they hit the spot.

Couchside and happy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Glad that things are better for you today Aspie. You have had it tough.

thanks TH, yeah tis tough, but we'll get through it :)

I'm bored!!! Suppose I'll watch something from Disney

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mak, what are you into?. My last watch was Altered Carbon, kinda fun once you suspend belief!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

trying to decide what to watch on the tellybox

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dose of the effing sads again. Have Ocean's 8 on but can't get in any way excited about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just tea here. Rarely feel like drinking, especially without company. Seems a bad idea when unwell too.
    Just drying my hair in stages. Hairdryer feels a lot heavier!
    Im sandy light blonde now. Luckily I can do it myself so hairdessets closing doesnt affect me. Going to sleep soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting the treats ready for our Disney date night have the Minnie Mouse jammies out and all

Can of Guinness, wish me luck eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

x2 for Altered Carbon, especially season 1!

Couchside watching The Wire with tea. No home drinking for Dave, I’ve always enjoyed the social aspect to it rather than getting a buzz on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Predictableside, aka couch and beer.

Limited news exposure today so feeling more positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

x2 for Altered Carbon, especially season 1!

Couchside watching The Wire with tea. No home drinking for Dave, I’ve always enjoyed the social aspect to it rather than getting a buzz on :(

Started watching that last year & got sidetracked, must get back to it.

Watching The Laundromat at the minute.

Deskside but sephers will be opening a bottle of lager soon, cotton ball mayfield 5 lager.

Deskside but sephers will be openign a bottle of lager soon, cotton ball mayfield 5 lager.

local. had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Prime Time. Just Miriam presenting tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Chairside with the laptop. "Creativity Juice" (Coffee) next to me, and my positivity playlist on the stereo.

Aim is to get at least one full page for my latest blog article finished before turning in!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

@Grandeeod, have a large one for me, anything of your choice.

Can’t sleep.,

Home :)
    Should be off the next 4 days but will work the next 2 anyway... Will see after that.
    I can't go anywhere or visit anyone, so may as well be at work!
    I realised today, I'm lucky I have to work. I couldn't stand having to stay in the house, work from home??! OMG, couldn't do it, fair play those of Ye that are doing it.

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Grandeeod, have a large one for me, anything of your choice.

Can’t sleep.,

I have already.:D Terrible times. This is a one trick pony gig tonight. I needed it on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bed wasnt working. Skull hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭anewme

bubblypop wrote: »
    Home :)
    Should be off the next 4 days but will work the next 2 anyway... Will see after that.
    I can't go anywhere or visit anyone, so may as well be at work!
    I realised today, I'm lucky I have to work. I couldn't stand having to stay in the house, work from home??! OMG, couldn't do it, fair play those of Ye that are doing it.

Because I'm never in, this has made me appreciate my home, as a home, rather than a house I sleep in.

Getting up every morning, the radio stays on while I sit at the table working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching The Tonight show and chatting with my favourite man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside watching The Tonight show and chatting with my favourite man :)

Is that what he looks like now? :eek:

Still deskside...........I won't lie.........the lager is going down well ;)

• Advertisement

Back to watching shows, Ad Vitam currently, french and somewhat dystopian, I may have a trend happening in my watching :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement