Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is the new page showing up but not linking into it for anyone else ?

ETA, noW it did !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »

ETA, not it fid !

Yep, happens sometimes. Another mystery of the glitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Listening to Jenny Greene with a cup-a-soup, glamorous, i know :rolleyes:

Very studentesque :)

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very studentesque :)

I'm never growing up, am i? :pac:

ETA, noW it did !

It just brings me back to the top of the page I'm already on,so annoying.

What are we meant to do with the chicken when we catch it?😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

NewRed2 wrote: »

I saw so many people posting about solidarity and how people are helping each other get through this crap but the point people are missing is that it was US who caused it to start with.
    It all stemmed from animals being treated like crap by humans and that's the lesson we should all learn from this imo, even if it originated in China it's still relevant to all societies, as Ghandi once said judge not a society by the way they treat their people but the way they treat their animals.
    This will pass eventually and the effects will linger for a long time but the lesson about mis-treating animals should stick with us all.
    If we have no respect for nature then this is what happens. And could happen again.

I see people excusing that wet "market" as poverty and my response is that poverty should never be used as an excuse for cruelty.

A post on Facebook: Anyone who says one person can"t change the world has obviously never eaten an undercooked bat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It just brings me back to the top of the page I'm already on,so annoying.

What are we meant to do with the chicken when we catch it?��

Ask the dog who caught the car? :P

Buile i get myself freaked by that and chest pains a lot (chest pains are anxiety, so get worse with more thinking) I've decided i'll stay with temperature as a symptom to try and assuage my fears :o

Yeah I'm surprised how little it's happening me but when it does happen it's hard to convince myself it's just anxiety. Wish I had a thermometer. Distinctly remember back at the end of January telling himself we should buy one and being scoffed at. Now it seems every person in Ireland has one but me. Everyone seems able to give an hourly update on their exact body temperature and I'm over here with my hand on forehead saying "is my head hot or is my hand hot??".

Yeah I'm surprised how little it's happening me but when it does happen it's hard to convince myself it's just anxiety. Wish I had a thermometer. Distinctly remember back at the end of January telling himself we should buy one and being scoffed at. Now it seems every person in Ireland has one but me. Everyone seems able to give an hourly update on their exact body temperature and I'm over here with my hand on forehead saying "is my head hot or is my hand hot??".

No thermometer here either but somehow the temperature thing makes me feel calmer

No thermometer here either but somehow the temperature thing makes me feel calmer

Yeah me too. Realistically if you had a temperature you'd know all about it thermometer or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

anewme wrote: »
    I see people excusing that wet "market" as poverty and my response is that poverty should never be used as an excuse for cruelty.

A post on Facebook: Anyone who says one person can"t change the world has obviously never eaten an undercooked bat.

Ah sure look everyone knows it had nothing to do with poverty, its a masive lack of respect that exists between us as a species and animals.
    This market in China wasn't a one off. It was a regular thing over and over.
    It's costing us all so much hurt and eventually when this passes there should be a major change in the way we treat our animals, but it probably wont happen.
    We probably wont change our ways and it will probably happen again at some stage in a different form.
    Sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thinking of you Seph x

Very distracted here.
    Beautiful sister has started having contractions. Just back from the hospital ... they think it could be a few days!

@Gifted,Sephers and any other Corkies or wannabes...have a look on YouTube, LoughBirds Corks talking birds,I don't know how to put up links but it will definitely make ye smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

@Gifted,Sephers and any other Corkies or wannabes...have a look on YouTube, LoughBirds Corks talking birds,I don't know how to put up links but it will definitely make ye smile.
    Very good Duvet! Thanks for the recommendation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Ah no don't do the "us" thing. It was not caused by humans in general.

And sure I may as well post this too. A very old video that still to this day never ever fails to make me smile like a big dope. The world ain't half bad sometimes.

That is brilliant , thanks Duvet and Guy :D

That is brilliant , thanks Duvet and Guy :D

Mam,that's the accent you'll be listening to when we go to Greece,dont say I didn't warn you. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I'm never growing up, am i? :pac:

Not untill you quit pulling the all nighters, your not ! :P

Mam,that's the accent you'll be listening to when we go to Greece,dont say I didn't warn you. ��
    Mam and Duvet in the club
    tumblr_mpxpmtvMkC1s5tlmxo2_500.gifv

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    Not untill you quit pulling the all nighters, your not ! :P

Have i finally found someone to fund my lavish retirement??

I have 2020 future vision but can never remember names

Who are these two ?

Glitch

I have 2020 future vision but can never remember names

Who are these two ?

Hahahaha Shirley valentine, you've given me a flashback of that big time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Dont talk about retirement, my pension has nose dived, I'll be a poor old fogey, which is my worst fear.

Worked all day 10-8. Will work tomorrow. That's 7 days out of 7 days. In fairness, its keeping me sane and sharp.

Lets say I'd be happy to try to fund any lavish attempt you might like to make at fitting into a day job...:)

Mam,that's the accent you'll be listening to when we go to Greece,dont say I didn't warn you. 😂

Which one , the polite swan ? ! :D

Lets say I'd be happy to try to fund any lavish attempt you might like to make at fitting into a day job...:)

Eeeeeeeeeek nooooooooo too bright and peopley

OK, So how about being a tour guide for a cave that never gets any publicity ?

or

A taster of Brandy / Sherry / whateveryourhavingyourself from casks in a cave

or

Minding naturally air dried hams

or

Checking that bats get back home before it gets light ?
    There is nothing that you couldnt do.

• Advertisement

Bat curfew mom!

Do you lot know what time it is ?

Its past my bedtime and 11 O'Clock in new money

HB I hope all goes well with you sister. Fingers crossed its not a multiday marathon. Will this be the first that has an aunt Honeybear ?

Now I am convinced you look like this

2601f976-3642-41a2-9d45-f8b5c9aea597_x365.jpg

Guy Person wrote: »
    Now I am convinced you look like this

2601f976-3642-41a2-9d45-f8b5c9aea597_x365.jpg

No dresses, much shorter hair and you're close ;)

Great game olddog!

I suggest grem gets a job manning a speed van.
    I don't exactly know how it works, but I imagine you could just sit in the back of the van all day, entirely alone and out of direct sunlight, reading a book or listening to Jenny Greene or whatever you're into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Great game olddog!

I suggest grem gets a job manning a speed van.
    I don't exactly know how it works, but I imagine you could just sit in the back of the van all day, entirely alone and out of direct sunlight, reading a book or listening to Jenny Greene or whatever you're into!

I'd do that! Only trouble with it being in don't drive and therefore require a driver who'd I'd be stuck with all day unless they were prepared to stay on the cabin.

• Advertisement

A darkroom inspector

A coffin tester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Nice one Duvet, very funny....can't beat the Cork accent.....

Can't beat Cork......lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Our curfew started at 3pm, I got invited to a meeting with someone with H.R.H in front of his name, so got collected by a lovely Mercedes, drove through totally empty streets and stopped by only two checkpoints.

Enjoyed a great meeting with a bottle of Johnny Walker, got interrupted by some Patriot missiles, and ended up back in my hotel.

I love my life :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Goodnight wherers

Don't forget your clocks ×

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

smurfjed wrote: »

I love my life :):)

I love your life too Smurfed, sounds very otherworldly, grand and fancy. :)

I love my own life too - basically locked down now here but for the greater good and actually once we are all well, it's not bad at all - primroses blooming, sun in the backyard and tonight the clocks spring forward.

Night all. Keep safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Goodnight wherers

Don't forget your clocks ×

Night :)

I often forget I have one these day alright but sure.... Oh cLocks....

Night all

Smurf what sorta merc was it anyway?.

No complaining this year about an hour less of sleep, time is irrelevant.

My exciting update is that I am now on the couch.

No complaining this year about an hour less of sleep, time is irrelevant.

My exciting update is that I am now on the couch.

An hour less at work, fiddle dee dee!

An hour less at work, fiddle dee dee!

Oh enjoy, Grem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I just put the clock on my clock radio forward

branie2 wrote: »
    I just put the clock on my clock radio forward

You're a maverick, it's not 1 yet!

Eep, rebels alert!

Eep, rebels alert!

This place will soon descend into anarchy with that carry on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement