Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

Guy Person wrote: »
    Sounds like she belongs in this thread so!

What was she buying anyway? Filet Minion?

Ugh, that joke was Despicable. I've never actually seen any of the movies, Gru story.

you are really good with the puns and word-stuff Guy, very good, makes me smile;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got unlocked to Borrowbox today.
    Thanks everyone. I'm back in the world of the living again!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sephers is heading to the kitchen to make dinner
    Ruby Ring wrote: »
    A sweet poster on the Interview thread

Sounds like a lovely fella 😁 welcome ruby 👋
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I like your style :p

Mam! You're suppose to be on my side 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For Seph

Evening all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Unglitch....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I like your style :p

Watching a Robin feeding at the table outside , now a blue tit !
    (Minds out of the gutter please :pac:)

Yes it’s very cold outside this evening ;)

Well someone had to! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What to do, what to do

Glitcho expulso!!!

507670.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Welcome Ruby ((waves))

Couchside watching tv and chatting with my favourite man :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Welcome Ruby ((waves))

Couchside watching tv and chatting with my favourite man :)

^^^^ Bring them both in simple :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Putting Seph on the naughty list so.
    Thanks for the heads up (I'm a nice girl!)

Hey Ruby!....any chance you'll show us your.........
    exciting coin collection

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Hey Ruby!....any chance you'll show us your........ exciting coin collection

Maybe.
    I do have a very big (treasure) chest.

Where's Coronation Street? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Finally!! Something good to come of all this mess

Finally!! Something good to come of all this mess

Feck off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Well I know it is not in East Harlem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Maybe.

Ah, I see you're fitting right in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just taking a breath after clearing a dresser to make space for the new printer which I probably wont know how to operate with just a phone but Im going to have a crack at it later anyway.

Have to put the books etc from the dresser somewhere else so I can see my kitchen table again.

Going for a walk around outside to try to imagine raised vegetable beds. Oh is not nearby for a fortnight and its a steep learning curve for me.

Welcome to the polyamorous group, Ruby. I never mind when Seph takes on a new wife but Duvet can get very territorial, just so you know.

Maybe.

Tut Tut Tut so ye've found yourselves another one! I can imagine ye all now chanting "FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT FRESH MEAT"

• Advertisement

Just taking a breath after clearing a dresser to make space for the new printer which I probably wont know how to operate with just a phone but Im going to have a crack at it later anyway.

Have to put the books etc from the dresser somewhere else so I can see my kitchen table again.

Going for a walk around outside to try to imagine raised vegetable beds. Oh is not nearby for a fortnight and its a steep learning curve for me.

Welcome to the polyamorous group, Ruby. I never mind when Seph takes on a new wife but Duvet can get very territorial, just so you know.

If you can get your hands on used pallets, you can make all sorts of things. I made a few book shelves and even a coffee table from them.Also,don't sell yourself short,you can do and learn whatever you set your mind to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

On the small couch.
    Mixing it up tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Waiting on the washing machine to finish, it's down to the final tense 10 minutes now.

Status update to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mrs G and I peeled spuds together this evening. Making a Cottage Pie tomorrow. We went for a short walk together around the estate only and I kid you not, the amount of rows we heard from houses was very unexpected. And these are middle class professionals....apparently. Birth rate going up in 9 months? Feckin separation/divorce application rate more like.:D

Suppin some beers and chilled out at my tech desk continuing my work on old home movies. It feels like work, just without the money.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home (where else these days??) and just had a computer repair guy collect my desktop computer which has a power problem that I discovered this morning when trying to start another workday from home. It’s always when you most need machines to help out that they let you down... :(

Fingers crossed that the problem will be able to be fixed. I do have a laptop but it only had open source software on it, not Microsoft Windows.

Hope you are all keeping safe and well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The final trip that I got to spend with my parents was to the beautiful country of Kerry, so if anyone wants to organize a piss-up there, I’m IN.

I hope that hotels like the Killarney Riverside come out OK at the other end of this nightmare.

PS. I don’t do tents :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know when the know your Irishness sheep reveal is going ahead?
    I can't find it anywhere anymore.

Does anyone know when the know your Irishness sheep reveal is going ahead?
    I can't find it anywhere anymore.

Found it.. It's open until tomorrow.

Waiting on the washing machine to finish, it's down to the final tense 10 minutes now.

Status update to follow.

Baited breath here. It's the time between the final spin finishing and the 'click' of the lock release that gets me every time.

Forgive me GRETA, for I have just ordered under armour underwear from the other side of the world, the local cheap stuff sucks.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Baited breath here. It's the time between the final spin finishing and the 'click' of the lock release that gets me every time.

Nail biting stuff alright, I'm on the edge of my seat here waiting to pounce.

• Advertisement

But where is the wet washing going at this time of night??
    Exciting stuff.......

bubblypop wrote: »
    But where is the wet washing going at this time of night??
    Exciting stuff.......
    Don't worry, I had it all planned out!

The bedding was safely removed from the washing machine and carefully deposited in the dryer. A tense hour ahead of me here.

Tomorrow, I'll have the excitement of ironing them. It's good to have something to look forward to.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Forgive me GRETA, for I have just ordered under armour underwear from the other side of the world, the local cheap stuff sucks.

Greta isn't going to forgive you. So just pretend her yelling "How dare you" in your ear.

The bedding was safely removed from the washing machine and carefully deposited in the dryer. A tense hour ahead of me here.

Tomorrow, I'll have the excitement of ironing them. It's good to have something to look forward to.

You iron your bedding?!

@Shady Grady, thank god for noise cancelling headsets :)

Actually I wonder if she would appreciate the fact that just before she was born, I was advocating operating our airliners in less than the most economical manner possible to protect the environment :)

You iron your bedding?!

Yes, and I kindly ask you to iron the bedding for the spare room ahead of my arrival.

Thank you.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Home (where else these days??) and just had a computer repair guy collect my desktop computer which has a power problem that I discovered this morning when trying to start another workday from home. It’s always when you most need machines to help out that they let you down... :(

Fingers crossed that the problem will be able to be fixed. I do have a laptop but it only had open source software on it, not Microsoft Windows.

Hope you are all keeping safe and well. :)

I've been there over the years Jupiter with my computer set up. From what you said a new power unit or cleaning the Ram will sort you. My machinery is due a service too, but I reckon its a cleaning the Ram job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I still get slightly freaked if I happen to be near the washing machine when it winds up for final spin.. Keep thinking the drum will explode out of the thing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

What would happen if you just folded them and put them away once they are properly dry ? ;)

( most detergents have a sun activated component to brighten washing )

Yes, and I kindly ask you to iron the bedding for the spare room ahead of my arrival.

Thank you.

I kindly ask you to bring your own if you want ironed bedding, otherwise Seph gets the bed and ALL the cats and you can have the couch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I still get slightly freaked if I happen to be near the washing machine when it winds up for final spin.. Keep thinking the drum will explode out of the thing :eek:

The bearings went on my last one and it really looked and sounded dangerous. Before it stopped turning at all, obviously.

Not wrong either.

We had one that used to process across the floor when it got to that stage. Had to be sat on.

( the mass of the drum plus contents spinning at - say 1400RPM is a pretty serious amount of energy if it get loose :eek: )

I kindly ask you to bring your own if you want ironed bedding, otherwise Seph gets the bed and ALL the cats and you can have the couch.

Serious evidence that Sardonicat is sound :)

Deskside with a cupan tae and tayto bistro crisps

Wow!!! living the life of riley!

Deskside with a cupan tae and tayto bistro crisps

Wow!!! living the life of riley!

Ooh with the fancy crisps. Thanks for sharing Seph. nyom nyom :)

Sniggering but also remembering The Mangler... laundry machine possessed. It's all fun and games until somebody gets mangled. Don't say ye weren't warned :pac::pac::pac:

Couchside. Thinking about how weird it will be to have to interact with multiple real humans again. And probably not good weird.

Stop!!
    Do you iron underwear too???

I have overindulged and the Mrs is already in bed. So I will follow suit. Stay safe and happy folks.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Ooh with the fancy crisps. Thanks for sharing Seph. nyom nyom :)

Hmmm...........I'll let ya away with it this time!

:pac:

0lddog wrote: »
    Not wrong either.

We had one that used to process across the floor when it got to that stage. Had to be sat on.

( the mass of the drum plus contents spinning at - say 1400RPM is a pretty serious amount of energy if it get loose :eek: )
    It didn't 'have to be sat on. Your Mrs just told you that. ..'

• Advertisement

Gonna plug the stick into the TV and enjoy memories from 11/12 years ago with a beer. Then a curry. Its like a Saturday night!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement