Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It didn't 'have to be sat on. Your Mrs just told you that. ..'
    How do you know so much about this ?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

0lddog wrote: »
    How do you know so much about this ?

It's all part of what makes me a sound woman...

It's all part of what makes me a sound woman...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The ould feckin twin tub just used parade around the kitchen, no wonder I has a fear!. That and the lids were broken, help and safety on a small farm kids!.

The ould feckin twin tub just used parade around the kitchen, no wonder I has a fear!. That and the lids were broken, help and safety on a small farm kids!.

The priest used to go around with a cudgel and burst the lids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The filth in here tonight :eek:
    I'm shocked and appalled :D

:D Nah I'm not

Did you ever find yourself helping the farm cat into one of the tubs ?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Off to bed for me, guys and gals and others, be safe and good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

What would happen if you just folded them and put them away once they are properly dry ?

( most detergents have a sun activated component to brighten washing )
    Creases. Creases that would keep me awake all night would happen.
    I kindly ask you to bring your own if you want ironed bedding, otherwise Seph gets the bed and ALL the cats and you can have the couch.
    I will, but you can forget about the crisps now.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Stop!!
    Do you iron underwear too???
    No, I'm not a weirdo. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Did you ever find yourself helping the farm cat into one of the tubs ?

:P

Nope but my sisters toys sometimes waved for help from one or other :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I love when you get your laundry done in a nice hotel and they iron your t shirts and boxers.
    Tried asking the current Mrs Happy to iron them for me and she demurred. Odd lady.

I love when you get your laundry done in a nice hotel and they iron your t shirts and boxers.
    Tried asking the current Mrs Happy to iron them for me and she demurred. Odd lady.

Now that you are 'working' from home, why dont you offer to do same for her ?

;)

Did she 'offer' to iron your face for you instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Now that you are 'working' from home, why dont you offer to do same for her ?

;)

I doubt the long suffering mrs happy would want her smalls being handled :D
    I’m delighted there having been contacted by someone from my past and I finally got the last word. Watching Claire Byrne. Lord I’m shook

A wee whiskey for meself I think. Writing up a little list of a few bits to do tomorrow to keep busy a few hours.

A wee whiskey for meself I think. Writing up a little list of a few bits to do tomorrow to keep busy a few hours.

It's important to have a few things to do, you'd crack up otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Really tired after battling with the printer.
    Its not letting me enter the full wifi password before proceeding to try to set it up and obviously failing as only some of the password's been entered. I could do most things all day and not tire but technology just drains me.
    One more thing to try tomorrow before I try to get a human customer service person on the phone tomorrow.
    G'night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So long into this stay safe and at home thing, but what joy here tonight watching Ms G when she was a mere snidger.:D She laughed herself silly! Mrs G looked fit too.:D Not really sure how I look because I usually spent all my time behind the camera. But in the snippets that I'm in, I'm well fit too.:D

More tomorrow. It's still like work without the money. But ya gotta do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'm keeping a bottle of redbreast 21yo for a special occasion.... think the 94th of March will do!

I'm keeping a bottle of redbreast 21yo for a special occasion.... think the 94th of March will do!

It has been a loooooooong month and more to follow. Still, time to catch up on stuff that needs doing at home.

• Advertisement

A crested tonight, green spot for the more special occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Watching telly trying not to murder the serial crisps cruncher I live with

Watching telly trying not to murder the serial crisps cruncher I live with

Grab the crisps and make crumbs of them!. :p

Eating a wee bag of popcorn and trying to find something good to watch on YouTube. Not in the humour to concentrate on a film or tv show, just short and sweet vids.

Got some worrying news this morning and this thread has done a fine job of keeping me amused today.

Think I might make brownies tomorrow. Was gonna wait until the weekend but it'll be a good distraction in my down time.

I bags chief brownie taster!.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I bags chief brownie taster!.

Hey that's not fair! that's chief taster is my job!

tumblr_mr715rtcKU1sr1ki0o1_500.gif

Bags is bags lad!

Bags is bags lad!

Can't argue with that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bags is bags lad!
    Can't argue with that!

Fine so!

funny-i-m-not-playing-with-you-guys-no-more-011.jpg?w=300

• Advertisement

I've fierce munchies and I've been snacking all effing evening.

I'm on the laptop atop the leaba watching John Oliver eviscerate Trump for the umpteenth time. I'm about to retire to the...oh wait I'm already here. Will activate the GPS just in case, the bathroom is a Tom Crean expedition away at 4am.

^^ Jealous, I still have to get my fat ass up the stairs :o

Bedside

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

^^ Jealous, I still have to get my fat ass up the stairs :o

I'll waltz over to the grotto and throw a copper in to assuage your plight. Hopefully he can swim.

Bertie, you have a marvellous imagination and unique eloquence. I'm insanely jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, night night all x

Bedside, night night all x

Night, sleep well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the first few birds starting to make noise outside ... sleep is elusive , Happy Tuesday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Listening to the first few birds starting to make noise outside ... sleep is elusive , Happy Tuesday :)

Birds and bin truck here. Not sure if I should get up or try nod off again.

Does getting a covid payment make this all a bit more real for people?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Listening to the first few birds starting to make noise outside ... sleep is elusive , Happy Tuesday

What is sleep.

Time to shake off this sleepy head and get ready to face the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Good morning, it's a beautiful morning here anyway.
    Our house has been inundated with messages of goodwill for our lad this last few days, phones and social messages galore, people are just the best when you need them.
    Happy to report to all that he is doing great and is nearly better.
    Dog walking lies ahead and we are going to start painting the outside of the house today.
    Hope yous all have a good day and stay safe and well.

Yawn. Grunt. Trundle. Slurp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

08.26....Captains Log.....

First mate is sitting across the table getting ready for her online lecture...

Youngest member of the crew is watching some American crap on tv....

Two eldest crew members are still in bed...

Intention of the day is to get through it with the crew giving out to me....lol lol

Jesus this lock down is getting to me .....lol lol

Bedside with a sleepy head on me , I just got woken to be told I'm an uncle again 😁 my sister wasn't due for another week but went in last night, I'm fecking delighted 😃

Bedside with a sleepy head on me , I just got woken to be told I'm an uncle again 😠my sister wasn't due for another week but went in last night, I'm fecking delighted ðŸ˜႒

Congrats Unucle Seph! Boy or girl?

Bedside drinking coffee before morning ablutions. Dad eating his porridge, drinking his gallon of tea downstairs.

Bedside drinking coffee before morning ablutions. Dad eating his porridge, drinking his gallon of tea downstairs.

A girl 😃

Surely we still say " is it a boy or a child" ?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@trigger happy
    Welcome to my world, neatly ironed jocks every post uniform day :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    @trigger happy

Welcome to my world, neatly ironed jocks every post uniform day :)

I miss that! And I miss restaurants and room service. And expense account.

But I dont miss the traveling. I used to do a lot of it with work. Not as much as you of course. But the novelty of seeing new places, weird and wonderful places, wore off after about 15 years!

Have changed job now and traveling to Wexford once a month is as exotic as it gets for me. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement