Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Drink the coffee black, no milk, no sugar, far far nicer.

I've tried it Seph....numerous times over years but I just can't sup coffee without sugar....I'd survive without milk in coffee ( just about).....and yet I don't take sugar in my tea...strange..lol lol

Widders, print stuff to colour in!. I'm probably going to break out a colouring book soon it's very relaxing..

Off out for a wee stroll shortly then couch.

I've been using a colouring book for years...not the Mickley mouse ones for kids but proper ones for adults....find them a great way of of just chilling out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Having a tea break in the middle of sorting out the "I'll just leave this here and worry about it later" room.

There's stuff here I don't ever remember seeing before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

gifted wrote: »
    I've been using a colouring book for years...not the Mickley mouse ones for kids but proper ones for adults....find them a great way of of just chilling out....

They are good, we have a curse words one, a mandala one and a kinda biomech one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Kitchenside feeling proud of my productivity today.

Any theme in particular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've moved from 2008 up to 2012 on the editing of the home movies. Keeps the mind active amid the dreariness of day to day life.:D Still a bit pissed off at the sheer fooking cheek of a few toerags in my immediate area that are still working despite not being anywhere near essential to even their own occupation. Same goes for the areseholes who want them to do the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Congratulations on new babies.
    So delighted builders had finished and I'm in my own home for this isolation.

Worried that Kitty reappeared for one post and has gone to ground again. Hope she hasn't got the dreaded virus.
    Keep safe.

My creative and crafty friends are all happily making face masks for a nursing home. They will be washable and give some protection when nothing else is available. Good to feel we are doing something useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've moved from 2008 up to 2012 on the editing of the home movies. Keeps the mind active amid the dreariness of day to day life.:D Still a bit pissed off at the sheer fooking cheek of a few toerags in my immediate area that are still working despite not being anywhere near essential to even their own occupation. Same goes for the areseholes who want them to do the work.

Same in my area. These pricks are the reason my Dad cannot go for a stroll and I can't see my fiance. Selfish fukcs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Keeps the mind active amid the dreariness of day to day life.:D Still a bit pissed off at the sheer fooking cheek of a few toerags in my immediate area that are still working despite not being anywhere near essential to even their own occupation. Same goes for the areseholes who want them to do the work.
    Tomorrow and Friday I'll be a toerag so as I'm due back in work those days and my job couldn't be any less essential if it tried. I know you said previously that you keep looking out the window and seeing neighbours gathering etc... it may be time to close the curtains for a few weeks or you'll end up firing that shotgun and you might shoot me on my way to work! :eek:

Please don't forget the lol lol Gifted, it always makes me smile seeing just like seeing Rednecks' heh.

lol lol

heh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside
    I've tried it Seph....numerous times over years but I just can't sup coffee without sugar....I'd survive without milk in coffee ( just about).....and yet I don't take sugar in my tea...strange..lol lol

Try honey next time, far nicer than sugar in the auld tae like :pac: .

• Advertisement

Strolled round my local town centre this evening, almost completely deserted. An unsettling feeling welled up, started involuntarily looking over my shoulder. All those old zombie movies surged to the forefront of my mind, pumping the adrenaline. In the end, a dreary emptiness was all that lingered. A portent of the next few weeks, as utterly necessary the restrictions are.

Guy Person wrote: »
    Tomorrow and Friday I'll be a toerag so as I'm due back in work those days and my job couldn't be any less essential if it tried. I know you said previously that you keep looking out the window and seeing neighbours gathering etc... it may be time to close the curtains for a few weeks or you'll end up firing that shotgun and you might shoot me on my way to work! :eek:

Please don't forget the lol lol Gifted, it always makes me smile seeing just like seeing Rednecks' heh.

lol lol

heh

A van of three clearly unrelated guys cutting someone's hedge is most definitely not essential . Two seperate groups out walking ( including little children ) who stopped to chat with each other huddled together outside my neighbours house, two of whom were leaning against the neighbours car. I doubt very much you fall into either category of selfish, stupid a$$hole l, Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Couchside watching Last of the summer wine, they don't make classics like this anymore :)

You'd be sick waiting for the days numbers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have been video chatting with my mum a couple of times using WhatsApp on the phone but decided to send her a link in Microsoft Teams today so we could try on a bigger screen for a change, but we couldn’t get it working as her paranoid self has taped over her camera and microphone AND disabled them somewhere deep in the settings!
    Was funny as she could see me on the screen and we were chatting on the phone so I could hear her! She’s promised to see if she can work out how to undo the disabling so we can try again tomorrow.

I’m kitchenside, shortly heading couchside.

They are out now and would you maybe consider not looking at them? You said yesterday that you had some bad news but you had a really good conversation with your mother today which helped cheer you up. There is nothing unsurprising and no real brand new information. It is more grim news. Maybe just take a night off Buile, give yourself a mental break.

Watch this video, I have watched it every day for the last week along with other similar ones. A fantastic stress reliever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

x2 it’s the only way to enjoy the deliciousness of the wonder bean! :D

Couchside, watching the Wire drinking (Red Lyons) Tea and cake. Jumbo Dave this evening.

x2 it’s the only way to enjoy the deliciousness of the wonder bean! :D

Couchside, watching the Wire drinking (Red Lyons) Tea and cake. Jumbo Dave this evening.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Same in my area. These pricks are the reason my Dad cannot go for a stroll and I can't see my fiance. Selfish fukcs!

Exactly. They're also the reason I won't get back to some kind of work, even here in Ireland anytime soon.

Hey Guy, I'm talking about handyman/painter and decorator types who don't give a fook about anybody but themselves. Nor do the eejits they are doing work for. If you work for an actual company/business that is taking the piss, essential wise, I'll spare you the cartridge to the head.:D
    A van of three clearly unrelated guys cutting someone's hedge is most definitely not essential . Two seperate groups out walking ( including little children ) who stopped to chat with each other huddled together outside my neighbours house, two of whom were leaning against the neighbours car. I doubt very much you fall into either category of selfish, stupid a$$hole l, Guy.

I have similar here. As of now, next door has visitors with their kids and they're all playing together out the back. WTF is wrong with these people.:eek:

• Advertisement

They are out now and would you maybe consider not looking at them? You said yesterday that you had some bad news but you had a really good conversation with your mother today which helped cheer you up. There is nothing unsurprising and no real brand new information. It is more grim news. Maybe just take a night off Buile, give yourself a mental break.

Watch this video, I have watched it every day for the last week along with other similar ones. A fantastic stress reliever.

Aaww thanks Guy. Beautiful vid. You couldn't help but laugh along. Unfortunately I already looked at the numbers. I try to watch the DoH briefing each day to keep up to date but have stopped watching and reading stuff elsewhere for the most part, just sometimes tidbits here and there.

I find some days I'm totally grand with everything and feeling positive about the whole thing in terms of making the most of a bad situation and taking it day by day. Every once in a while though I have a low day and feel totally overwhelmed by it all and totally anxious about me or a loved one getting it. I think it's because my partner still has to go into work and just that feeling of what is he bringing home?.. it's the lack of control I guess.

Anyway, today is a good day in terms of feeling strong but nonetheless impossible to wait on those numbers without your stomach getting tight and the heart beating a little faster.

Kitchenside feeling proud of my productivity today.

Any theme in particular?

Nope....got a gift of one off my niece years ago.....still unfinished...could be months between each time I open it.....I don't even know where it is now...the kids find it every now and then and then we sell just chill.out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup I don't watching it anymore, I put my fingers in my ears and la la la la
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    I have been video chatting with my mum a couple of times using WhatsApp on the phone but decided to send her a link in Microsoft Teams today so we could try on a bigger screen for a change, but we couldn’t get it working as her paranoid self has taped over her camera and microphone AND disabled them somewhere deep in the settings!
    Was funny as she could see me on the screen and we were chatting on the phone so I could hear her! She’s promised to see if she can work out how to undo the disabling so we can try again tomorrow.

I’m kitchenside, shortly heading couchside.

Lol my dads the same 🤣

Lying on my bed watching tastes like home drooling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :)

Couchside watching Last of the summer wine, they don't make classics like this anymore :)

I'm probably on same channel + 1 with As Time Goes By. They don't make classics like this anymore either smile.png

I understand Buile. I foolishly made the mistake of googling something COVID-19 related yesterday and I got so overwhelmed and down that I just got into bed for about two hours. It's all so grim but more people than ever are taking it seriously now, not everyone unfortunately but there are always the arrogant and the foolish in this world. We will get through this and we will watch many videos of babies laughing along the way. :)

Thanks Grandeeod for sparing me but just to be on the safe side I'm going to work like this from now on. :D

giphy.gif

Glitch

• Advertisement

Love it Guy and I've got your back!

5Vcm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Lol my dads the same 🤣

Lying on my bed watching tastes like home drooling

I got distracted again today. Thats 3 days in a trot I did other chores instead of baking your coffee inspired delicious treat. I have no words to fill my apology.
    Except for maybe get a bib for the drooling? You may be waiting a while.... ;)

Well tonight, keep those fingers in the ears and staying singing. We are heading to the surge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

In bed

Circadian rhythm has settled nicely, thanks to the summery air and extra daylight...no more insomnia, no more car sickness & panic attacks... just a healthy, full day followed by a healthy sleepyness.
    Oiche mhaith :)

supermouse wrote: »
    I got distracted again today. Thats 3 days in a trot I did other chores instead of baking your coffee inspired delicious treat. I have no words to fill my apology.
    Except for maybe get a bib for the drooling? You may be waiting a while.... ;)

Well that's just unacceptable

*Huff's*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm going to bed earlier tonight, have a good crack at things tomorrow..

@Poochie, check out the link below, do the opposite to enable audio. Also check device manager (this is in state
    Settings) to see if that’s where audio / camera has been disabled.

Feel free to PM me if these don’t work and we’ll get your Mum sorted so you can chat properly. I know my way around computers and would be more than happy to help, I’ve been remotely sorting problems for a bunch of friends and family the last couple of weeks.

https://technicallyeasy.net/disable-audio-enhancements-windows-10/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Ill make sure not to make the same mistake twice. I mean, four times ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

@Poochie, check out the link below, do the opposite to enable audio. Also check device manager (this is in state
    Settings) to see if that’s where audio / camera has been disabled.

Feel free to PM me if these don’t work and we’ll get your Mum sorted so you can chat properly. I know my way around computers and would be more than happy to help, I’ve been remotely sorting problems for a bunch of friends and family the last couple of weeks.

https://technicallyeasy.net/disable-audio-enhancements-windows-10/

Thanks Dave, sound! I’ll give that a go as she’s reasonably tech familiar so normally I can talk her through things remotely. I did suggest she needed to look in the Control Panel for device manager so will see how she got on. Plus she’ll be happy to see she can simply tick everything again to reinstate her privacy once all this is over :pac:

supermouse wrote: »
    Ill make sure not to make the same mistake twice. I mean, four times ;)

You had better not!

*Stern look*

:pac:

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Thanks Dave, sound! I’ll give that a go as she’s reasonably tech familiar so normally I can talk her through things remotely. I did suggest she needed to look in the Control Panel for device manager so will see how she got on. Plus she’ll be happy to see she can simply tick everything again to reinstate her privacy once all this is over :pac:

Next time using the function key and disable the audio and some tape over the webcam would probably be easier :D

Glitch!

Am I hungry or just bored?

The eternal question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If in doubt , it's best to think both :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

You had better not!

*Stern look*

:pac:

I'm wondering which of Sirs coffees should mouse use for Sir Dudes coffee cake :P

Crap mood, crap day. Bedside about to start ready new book on Kindle. Feel like the loneliest person in the world today and know I'll still be in the same boat when this corona is defeated. I know that's extremely self absorbed of me but that's where I am right now.

Crap mood, crap day. Bedside about to start ready new book on Kindle. Feel like the loneliest person in the world today and know I'll still be in the same boat when this corona is defeated. I know that's extremely self absorbed of me but that's where I am right now.

Self absorbed ? not at all, a lot of us feeling similar, I know I am.

*hugs*

Whats the book?

Tomorrow will be better!!

Enjoy your book @sardonicat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Tough days...it's a mixture of monotony, feeling of being trapped, helplessness, fear, loneliness...and probably a few more ...
    All you can do is take it day by day...and if its really bad...hour by hour...try and take 1 positive from the day
    Like today...some of these feckers said they'd actually come to Kerry for a drink!!

It's an ever stranger time.. Boredom, anxiety, depression, out and out fear, lethargy, weird bursts of energy. We will prevail though..

Glitch , would you kindly move please?

Well , politeness didn't work anyway !

All by myself , don't wanna be , all by myself ANYMORE ............

:D

Yaaaaayyyy !!
    My singing prowess worked like a charm :p
    (Caturwaling more like! )

• Advertisement

The singing has started, everyone to the lifeboats! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement