Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And you lot had the cheek to imply I was the bad one.

Excellent.. between Grems arse...and you getting your boobs out... that's my afternoon sorted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Tbf....I've never denied it....and Perse does have a magnificent pair i must say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bad boys always win Ted.

Perse gave me a reading of a Keats poem for my show.
    Panda gets the whole Moulin rouge. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

And congratulations to you Seph, I missed your post about your new niece yesterday, happy days.
    Just had two fried eggs in a sandwich for lunch, tasty.
    Scouring about today looking for a few bits I need online, so far all are still available and being dispatched, so it's not the end of the world yet :).
    It's a nice day out, but chilly and we have had a couple of light short showers.
    We are relaxing today, feet up, me with my head stuck in the phone, her with a book, no chat, just the odd occasional smile at each other and taking turns making the tea.
    In other times this would be bliss, but a sort of grudging recognition of necessity now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh that was a filthy, dirty oven ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

My father is 82 next week...and if anyone wonders where I get my sense of humour from...well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Fans, minions, how are we all on this fine Wednesday.
    Lord I’m up the walls, I’ve cleaned as much as I can clean. I am going to start washing walls and hopefully get ready for some paaaaainting though lord knows where I am going to find paint as it’s not essential apparently.
    Have a nice cold bottle of wine in the fridge and going to have that for my dinner :D I’ll make a spice bag as well.
    House smells unreal because it was laundry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Desk-side in the office/sitting room, absolutely failing to get work done and with zero concentration.
    Day 19 of full quarantine here (I've decided I hate the term "social isolation"). I am now totally tired of talking to people through windows/doors/screens - just to be in the same room as someone would be nice. And I want to cook - I'm in a little granny flat/annex thing on the back of the house that my great-granny used to live in, and it has a lovely little bedroom and living area but only a kettle and camping stove, so my da's dropping food just outside the door for me. I'm already planning a very elaborate meal that I'm going to spend a full day cooking when this is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That's class Panda :D

Now tableside deciding what to eat next

• Advertisement

Ooh that was a filthy, dirty oven ;)

Any buns in it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside after my walk

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Today I am doing NOTHING! Officially, my task for today is NOTHING.I won't be making lists in my head for jobs that need doing and then beating myself up for not doing them. NO. Getting me and Dad and the cats fed and cleaning up after that is ALL I'm doing today. Reading and Netflix and flights of dubious fancy. At least I won't feel guilty at the end of her day.

Sephers approves of this!
    Started wfh yesterday, hate it,very stressful, my kitchen table is covered in work stuff and there's cables everywhere. Also I tried to join a class on Zoom this morning, couldn't get any volume on it and couldn't see my phone but can't wear my glasses exercising.

Feeling like an oul woman this morning, I just hate technology because I find it so difficult to set up.Heading out for bread and milk, short walk might help the mood.

Sephers and HB, congrats on your new nieces, I bet they're gorgeous. Nothing like a new baby to cheer you up,I just love them.

Feck working at home do this and go outside and enjoy the sun

tenor.gif

Tbf....I've never denied it....and Perse does have a magnificent pair i must say :D

Stop that you!!

But yes. I do have a lovely pair :p

Sitting in the car outside a service station, oh and I'm essential before anyone comes in on their high horse :D , I had hoped it would be the last bastion of consumerism but alas. No Insomnia, no pastries, no samitches being made.

Ah well. In brighter news there's four Easter eggs at home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside - plodding along through the workday. Looking forward to a stretch of the legs later. I have had 6 espressos today. Zero chance of sleep without a 47 mile walk! (staying within 2km of the gaff obviously :) ).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Eating chocolate, feeling kinda cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Briefly interrupting doing nothing with doing something - mainly food preparation related. Will be returning to doing nothing again shortly. It's great!

• Advertisement

Tbf....I've never denied it....and Perse does have a magnificent pair i must say

But yes. I do have a lovely pair

Seeing as I have met Perse IRL, it is a tight line commenting on this.

Yes - you were perving .

No - time to ensure my affairs are in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bone weary and into bed after another day of werk werk werk werk werk.

Hope yiz are all well coz yiz are lookin it.

Witchie wrote: »
    Bone weary and into bed after another day of werk werk werk werk werk.

Hope yiz are all well coz yiz are lookin it.

Well hello ya fine thing! Hope you are good too darlin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Got a bucket load of work done in the garden today, the day job finished up last Thursday so have been getting round to all those long finger projects around the house and garden, the weather has been magnificent, it's a joy to be enjoying the outdoors (within the 2 km of course), looks like this will go on for another few weeks so I've plenty more plans to keep me busy and active, the old €350 a week from the gov is handy too, as I've feic all to be spending it on anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not as nice out today but still better than rain , at least we can get out outside :)
    Inside now though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Briefly interrupting doing nothing with doing something - mainly food preparation related. Will be returning to doing nothing again shortly. It's great!

Doing similar myself now :)

Just after clocking off work.

Ted's head is frazzled. Is Gremmie cleaning out any more ovens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Over the last 21 days since arriving back in Ireland, I've been out to the shops a total of 4 times. On all occasions I had a precise list. In and out as quick as possible. Just like Supermarket Sweep. I'm doing my bit for Ireland.:D

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside having dinner and watching classic simpsons

Just after clocking off work.

Ted's head is frazzled. Is Gremmie cleaning out any more ovens?

Funny enough just back for the finishing scrub so feast yo peepers :D

Deskside having dinner and watching classic simpsons

Really enjoying the marathon Simpsons sessions on Disney+. Some golden moments.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Really enjoying the marathon Simpsons sessions on Disney+. Some golden moments.

Are all the seasons on there?

Are all the seasons on there?

Seasons 1-30. 600 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Evening :)
    Been feeling the funny energies and the impending full moon (6 days to go). Missing someone who isn't worth it. And someone who is.
    Kept busy and active today again, renovated my kitchen units after clearing them out and reorganising them.
    I often find useful things while tidying. Today it was the missing rubbing alcohol for cleaning the diffuser.
    Happily sitting in a monstrous cloud of lavender mist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The powers that be, decided that we couldn’t interact with non-company people in my lovely apartment hotel, so we got moved into the real 14 storey 5 star hotel, only occupied by our company and our overseers. Will be interesting to see if I’m allowed leave tomorrow for my morning walk :)

Downside is that I lost my fridge, cooker and washing machine, so now its room service time :)

• Advertisement

Work.
    Have a shift totally alone today, 2moro & the next day.
    I think someone is trying to tell me something!

My darling wife who obviously is in a different city has a new cunning scheme, she waits until she sees the compound security doing their evening rounds, then rushes the poor mutt out for a walk. He didn’t pooh tonight so that all of you know :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    Work.
    Have a shift totally alone today, 2moro & the next day.
    I think someone is trying to tell me something!

Have they left Lynx gift set on your work station, by any chance?

Have they left Lynx gift set on your work station, by any chance?

I'd be really worried then!
    I'm female :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'd be really worried then!
    I'm female :)

Sorry!

Sorry!

I've been called a lot worse over the years :)

Working on some 2013 at the tech desk. Just got an email that two of my work colleagues in London have tested positive and one of them shared the apartment with me. How the fcuk I didn't get it, is beyond me. I'm gone from there 21 days tomorrow. If I do get it, it will be in Ireland, but doing my best not to. Living like a squinting window hermit.

My room

Deskside still! BUUUUUT!!!! After a week at this demo, I FINALLY have all the parts working!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOFRRRIIIIKKKKIIINNNNHOOOOO!!!!! Dave is a happy chappy! Having Mr Robot on beside me here must have helped :D

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    My room

That's some room Smurf!!!

Jaysus! Just checked my rapidly depleting funds on my internet banking. Fcuking AIB **** raided both accounts for a total of a badly needed 60 quid.:eek: Could they not have come to an arrangement of some sort.:mad:

Jaysus! Just checked my rapidly depleting funds on my internet banking. Fcuking AIB **** raided both accounts for a total of a badly needed 60 quid.:eek: Could they not have come to an arrangement of some sort.:mad:

That stupid government card charge comes out on April 1st annually.. doesn't it?

Lying on my bed, thank god fair city wasn't on tonight anyway, hate that show! the strangest thing happens though whenever its on, Its like my hands go paralyzed and I can't move them until it over, shocking or ehh :eek:.

That stupid government card charge comes out on April 1st annually.. doesn't it?

The bastards got me for 28 quid yesterday, knobends !

Bank charges :mad: I got the jaw clenches the ****ers

ETA, watching Rush, its fabulous

• Advertisement

Bank charges :mad: I got the jaw clenches the ****ers

ETA, watching Rush, its fabulous

Couchside watching Contagion :o Not great so far, but funny to see the cast all so young. will give it another few.

Is that Rush the Jennifer Jason Leigh/Jason Patric movie Grem? Great movie, amazing sountrack if so. Watched it a zillion times. Might switch to it somewhere now in fact!

It's a Formula 1 movie about the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda in the seventies, it's great.

It's a Formula 1 movie about the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda in the seventies, it's great.

Well I got the right decade at least :D Enjoy!

smurfjed wrote: »
    My room

You poor man. Absolutely shocking that they moved you there. And you can't even do your own washing now? Awful stuff. Hope you can survive in that dump, you poor unfortunate! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

€54.99 from mine yesterday, and every 3 months. They write to remind you but I forgot the date so I got a shock. Life insurance came out too.

Just noticed in Pending €62.99 to Amazon UK.
    Anything I bought from there, the funds went out straight away, so I don't like the look of that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement