Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

It's a Formula 1 movie about the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda in the seventies, it's great.

It's a great movie. I love Daniel Bruhl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

€54.99 from mine yesterday, and every 3 months. They write to remind you but I forgot the date so I got a shock. Life insurance came out too.

Just noticed in Pending €62.99 to Amazon UK.
    Anything I bought from there, the funds went out straight away, so I don't like the look of that.

Are the pending ones not already taken? I think AIB is just slow, my account says pending on a bunch of crap and eventually they just change to charges but the total doesn’t change. My pending are also Amazon charges :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Love After Lockup it's switch off brain tv , no more news or numbers for the night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I guess that you guys have just reminded me where “sympathy” is located in the dictionary :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Time to feed the meowing, fuzzy mammals and get back to Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Jaysus! Just checked my rapidly depleting funds on my internet banking. Fcuking AIB **** raided both accounts for a total of a badly needed 60 quid.:eek: Could they not have come to an arrangement of some sort.:mad:

There has been a huge backlash about the timing of this. It has on their website to contact them to discuss on an individual basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

smurfjed wrote: »
    I guess that you guys have just reminded me where “sympathy” is located in the dictionary :):)

It's right beside "Smarmy git"

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Time to feed the meowing, fuzzy mammals a.

Important task 🐱🐈

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Are the pending ones not already taken? I think AIB is just slow, my account says pending on a bunch of crap and eventually they just change to charges but the total doesn’t change. My pending are also Amazon charges :D
    anewme wrote: »
    There has been a huge backlash about the timing of this. It has on their website to contact them to discuss on an individual basis.

Hope so, Dave.

Thanks for infor anewme. Wonder if it'd be worth ringing them myself.

Apparently the fees aren't applied to accounts with more than €2,500 in them :rolleyes: lovely :(

Fireside thinking about trying Audible. Roald Dahl's "My Year" is free on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Finally finished dinner after a busy day. I've just read the last 2 pages, seems I'm down €120 for 2 card levies or whatever bollix they're calling it now.

Charged by the bank, charged by the government to use your own cards, I dread to think what they're going of think of when we're back to normal. :(

I hope you're all well and avoiding as much negativity as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

anewme wrote: »

Nothing about halting fees. Could have done without it as every cent is counting now. I've no loans with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope so, Dave.

Apparently the fees aren't applied to accounts with more than €2,500 in them :rolleyes: lovely :(

Finally finished dinner after a busy day. I've just read the last 2 pages, seems I'm down €120 for 2 card levies or whatever bollix they're calling it now.

Charged by the bank, charged by the government to use your own cards, I dread to think what they're going of think of when we're back to normal. :(

I hope you're all well and avoiding as much negativity as you can.

Is this the same as them quaterly fee's or is this a new thing?

Mine were quarterly current a/c fees, yes.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Nothing about halting fees. Could have done without it as every cent is counting now. I've no loans with them.

You can apply for a 3 month moratorium on loans and mortgages, or to reduce repayment etc. No doubt you build up interest on the arrears though!

The bastards have you every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Hope so, Dave.

I think bank charges are not applied to accounts with that kinda money, but those cards charges get pulled from every account with a card. It’s nonsense. :(

Audible is great! I listened to a book called “The Art of not giving a f##k” most recently, interesting take on things.

@Leg, I’d say we can assume that stupid USC charge is going to go up to pay back all the borrowed money.

There's been an annual charge for having your card for years now. Ironically enough, it's payable on April fools day. :rolleyes:

Fees are paid quarterly for the privilege of money going into and out of your account.

Only seeing this now widder's but
    Then again I'm someone who thought Prontissimo instant wasnt that bad...

giphy.gif

😁😃

I think bank charges are not applied to accounts with that kinda money, but those cards charges get pulled from every account with a card. It’s nonsense. :(

Audible is great! I listened to a book called “The Art of not giving a f##k” most recently, interesting take on things.

@Leg, I’d say we can assume that stupid USC charge is going to go up to pay back all the borrowed money.
    You're not charged an account fee if you have 2.5 grand in your current account, but sure I keep that kind of money up my arse doing nothing with it! :rolleyes:

USC will be the start of it, government levies were applied to all insurance products too in the last recession. They might add one to estimated oxygen consumption by weight next!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Honestly, the banks. I'm actually looking at moving providers because of this.. Bollocks

• Advertisement

Ah look, we know the restrictions are necessary and we know a recession is coming. It's just harder to cope mentally when you don't know when the restrictions will lift and how the recession will affect us.

We recently came through a big one, we'll do the same again. Mentally older and more jaded perhaps, but still above ground I hope.

I remember getting notification about these new upcoming charges a few months ago and thinking, wow that would be stiff if you really used the accounts. I've two accounts with AIB, one of which is just a feeder type account. My main account is PTSB so must check the fees on that. I think they were increasing too. No one had the common sense on timing with these fees landing at the same time many people out of work.

but sure I keep that kind of money up my arse doing nothing with it! :rolleyes:

Ewwww

:pac:

For one poster, I am one of the longest supporters of LIVEATC for Ireland, I donate monthly for the guy to supply the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Hi strangers :)
    Hope ye are all good
    What did I miss???

Busy in work last couple of days so haven't been online much. Upside is that I don't have much time to dwell on stuff. Went out for an hour brisk walk, which really helped.

• Advertisement

Oops as a side note Grace is doing OK :):)

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hope ye are all good
    What did I miss???

Exciting daily updates about how we're all at home, and what room we're in! :D

Ah look, we know the restrictions are necessary and we know a recession is coming. It's just harder to cope mentally when you don't know when the restrictions will lift and how the recession will affect us.

We recently came through a big one, we'll do the same again. Mentally older and more jaded perhaps, but still above ground I hope.

Nicely said Leggy , once we're all above ground is the main thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hope ye are all good
    What did I miss???

Nice to see you around

How is it going ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Anyone who likes the forum games thread, there's a few after going up in the last 24 hours.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Apologies to some, my inbox is now empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

FOR SALE!

Salmon and Jelly Cat Food.

This has been a real economic dilemma the last few weeks. The feckin Cat refuses to eat that pouch no matter how hard we try. I stocked up on Cat Food weeks ago because Ms G is very concerned about the unsocial little bint Cat. However we have been left with a multitude of Salmon and Jelly pouches. Literally loads of them and I've gotta buy more Cat food tomorrow.

Free Cat with the food and she's your problem. I'm losing the will to live with all the social/pet/financial problems here.:eek:

smurfjed wrote: »
    Oops as a side note Grace is doing OK :):)

Glad to hear that. She doesnt have it easy. Wonder would the HSE give her a contract to write a pamphlet on how to cope with isolation ?

Anyone who likes the forum games thread, there's a few after going up in the last 24 hours.

Sure you know at this point how brilliant I am at these PM :p
    In though !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sure you know at this point how brilliant I am at these PM :p
    In though !

Mam, be careful of that Persepoly wan

She'll do anything to win :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stuck into another subtitled series on netflix oops..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, have a sleeping cat in my arms :D

0lddog wrote: »
    Mam, be careful of that Persepoly wan

She'll do anything to win :P

'Scuse you!!

:D

couchside, have a sleeping cat in my arms :D

Oh awesome, such a lovely feeling :)

Stuck into another subtitled series on netflix oops..

Oh what is it Grem? Have you seen Dark? One of the best series I've ever watched.

• Advertisement

Oh what is it Grem? Have you seen Dark? One of the best series I've ever watched.

The Míre, looks good so far and yes Dark was fantastic, tried Occupied or Ultraviolet at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Oh awesome, such a lovely feeling :)

indeed it is :D

Couldn't sleep so I made some buns, and washed and saved the eggshells to crush for a slug barrier for the victory garden.
    Looking around for something else to bake or do.

I finally baked the brownies I've been promising to make. Made them this evening and they were delicious. My eyes were too big for my belly though and I ate two and now I really regret it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home (could do this post on repeat for the past 2 weeks and probably the next 5.... :D) watching TV. Chilled and heading for bed in about an hour.

Got the computer up and running for recording my lectures which I will be doing online between now as and middle of May. Tomorrow I will do my first dry run and test the system. Wish me luck!,

Hope you guys are all keeping safe and well. :)

The Míre, looks good so far and yes Dark was fantastic, tried Occupied or Ultraviolet at all?

I haven't heard of Occupied. Will have a look. Is Ultraviolet a 90's vampire thing?

In bed
    Couldn't sleep so I made some buns, and washed and saved the eggshells to crush for a slug barrier for the victory garden.
    Looking around for something else to bake or do.

What dont you make us all a cupan Tae? 😏
    I they were delicious. My .

We'll be the judges of that, hand them over 😎

In bed

What dont you make us all a cupan Tae? ðŸ˜

We'll be the judges of that, hand them over 😎

Sorry Seph, that second one I ate was the one I'd put aside for you! Ooops!

Sorry Seph, that second one I ate was the one I'd put aside for you! Ooops!

What the 😮😮🙀

• Advertisement

*now* I can sleep.

I finally baked the brownies I've been promising to make. Made them this evening and they were delicious. My eyes were too big for my belly though and I ate two and now I really regret it.

My chocolate buns could've been brownies but I need a smaller tray so they can be deeprr, and to cook them for a shorter time. Possible add some solid chocolate to the batter just before pouring, as well as the chocolate powder. I used dr.Oetker powder this time and it us quite chocolately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement