Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

*now* I can sleep.

My chocolate buns could've been brownies but I need a smaller tray so they can be deeprr, and to cook them for a shorter time. Possible add some solid chocolate to the batter just before pouring, as well as the chocolate powder. I used dr.Oetker powder this time and it us quite chocolately.

I put walnut pieces and dried cranberries in mine. Wasn't sure if I'd like it as I don't love walnuts but it was very delicious!

What the 😮😮🙀

Sorry not sorry! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's all very sedate & calm in here tonight!.... I guess we all need a little rest from the madness every so often....and cake..we need cake too

On the couch, feeling pleased with myself... I did something really small this evening that I hope when it comes to light, gives some boardsies a little giggle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I haven't heard of Occupied. Will have a look. Is Ultraviolet a 90's vampire thing?

Ultraviolet is a Polish group of hacktivists half working with the cops on a crime trail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Im kitchen side, cooking my pancakes, I realized I didn't have any more :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On the couch, feeling pleased with myself... I did something really small this evening that I hope when it comes to light, gives some boardsies a little giggle.

Ooh I'm intrigued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finally in bed. His lordship needed his hair cut earlier, so that was interesting. As tempting as it was to put a bowl on his head and cut around it I think I did a pretty good job all things considered. Grateful of my hard work and talents as always, he said “it’ll do for now”.

These days of doing nothing are flying in. Have no idea how unemployed or people out of work for long periods cope. It is soul destroying.

There is only so much cleaning and batch cooking and walking one can do.

Trying to order paint so it’ll keep me busy. Too frugal to spend a fortune though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Delighted to hear Brownies were baked for us :D Seph pop on the kettle there thanks ;):D

Also thanks for the update Smurf :)

Currently missing my favourite man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Morning all! Still bedside at the mo but feel like an early start might be nice today! All the talk of buns and brownies has given Dave a goo for some!!!

Happy Thursday guys!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning! Can’t believe it’s Thursday already!
    I got a delivery from Tesco last night so planning to cook up a chilli this evening and stock up the freezer.
    Have a good day folks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside

Autosport wrote: »
    :D Seph pop on the kettle there thanks ;):D

I've a better idea..........

You pop it on and make is both a cupan Tae 😃 how does that sound 😁?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

One of these days I shall learn not to post while drunk :):) To anyone that I sent a PM to last night, please take them with the good will that was intended, and the offers still stand.

I’m going back to bed :)

Bedside

That made me laugh out loud bro! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside

Autosport wrote: »
    :D Seph pop on the kettle there thanks ;):D

Sure if you're making tae, can you add my name to the pot too?

On my second coffee & second batch of washing in.... Looks like rain out, so might sit at a dryer in a car park later.
    Be as well sitting there as sitting at home :)

Sent my mam a telly bingo ticket for today & got one myself. So we will play together later on! Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bedside

Brave....or perhaps foolhardy would be a better word...

Morning all,

Nice sunny morning but coolish just 7C

Power outage caused panic at the salt mines but more seriously delayed my breakfast :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Glitch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brave....or perhaps foolhardy would be a better word...

Ptch I ain't afraid :cool:

Deskside with the sweet stuff, thinking I'll order more as I've 4 packs left :eek:

Ptch I ain't afraid :cool:

Deskside with the sweet stuff, thinking I'll order more as I've 4 packs left :eek:

You should be very afraid ;) who do you think caused the power outage ;)

Twiddling my thumbs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home office side. My people allergy is very active today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Morning. Fabulous weather. Bit cross.

Check your bankaccpunts in case something is messing up. I mentioned a Pending payment to Amazon that did not look right. It wasnt there before yesterday evening and was at tbe top of my online account, separate from other transactions listed.
    Last week I cancelled an Amazon. Com order that hadnt been charged yet. About $75.
    That's probably it. Whatever it was, it has been deducted today.

I have begun the long wait to get through to Card Services .
    Of course if it is refunded it probably won't be back in there when its needed. Love of God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glitch

I'll unglitch you and glitch myself Duvet :pac:

Seeing things with clearer eyes this morning :D

Morning. Fabulous weather. Bit cross.
    I have begun the long wait to get through to Card Services .
    Of course if it is refunded it probably won't be back in there when its needed. Love of God!

I'm going through a refund situation too at the moment Widders, it's head wrecking - hotel and flight refunds to the tune of nearly a grand.. the usual 5-7 days is out the window apartently.. and I have been told to wait up to 28 days for the refunds to come through.. quick to take it! Brutal to return it, I wouldn't mind if humans had something to do with it... but most of it is just returns done by bank / refund systems... grrrrrrr :(

I'm going through a refund situation too at the moment Widders, it's head wrecking - hotel and flight refunds to the tune of nearly a grand.. the usual 5-7 days is out the window apartently.. and I have been told to wait up to 28 days for the refunds to come through.. quick to take it! Brutal to return it, I wouldn't mind if humans had something to do with it... but most of it is just returns done by bank / refund systems... grrrrrrr :(

That's awful.
    I was refunded by an Irish business this week and it was back in in less than 36 hours. That's actually what "Amazon" have taken from.

Edit: got through, card has to be cancelled, new card issued to me. They're nice, and helpful, at least.

Yeah..same situation here.. hotels and flights... total of about €1750 and I'm in for a long wait.
    I can't grumble too much.. there's nothing to stop hotels just keeping your money and making you chase them.
    But most have been upfront and have said there will be refunds...my only fear is that there may not be enough funds to cover all refunds...just have to wait and see

That's awful.
    I was refunded by an Irish business this week and it was back in in less than 36 hours. That's actually what "Amazon" have taken from.

Edit: got through, card has to be cancelled, new card issued to me. They're nice, and helpful, at least.

At least... they should all adapt the virtual number the Apple use on their cards, the card number can just be changed instantly and no wait for a new card to arrive..

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-to-change-your-apple-card-number-in-less-than-a-minute-18713910
    Yeah..same situation here.. hotels and flights... total of about €1750 and I'm in for a long wait.
    I can't grumble too much.. there's nothing to stop hotels just keeping your money and making you chase them.
    But most have been upfront and have said they're will be refunds...my only fear is that there may not be enough funds to cover all refunds...just have to wait and see

That's a fair point Panda! And I guess it was monet spent so it'll be a bonus whenever it lands back to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Morning wherers, dull day here in every sense of the word.

Some things to do for work, then back to household tasks that have been on the long finger for years. Going to check my bank account too because I think the card charge is €30, not €60 as I somehow thought yesterday, so I might get a nice surprise.

Edit: No card charge yet!

Today is actually the first day I woke up and didn't know what day it actually was..had to check my phone... thought it was Wednesday :D

• Advertisement

Heading for a walk

Just realised half the reason I love rocketing out of bed in the mornings is because I need to escape my horrible dreams. I hate it when they float back to mind during the day. Begone, bas***d nightmares.

Kitchenside chatting to O.H and teaching him gardening stuff. I only learned half of it myself from reading Huw Edwards and Charles Dowding last night.

Deskside - working away.

No tunes at the mo, had some Megadeth going before I started watching Gemma O'Doherty's stream from last night (I think it was).. I have never paid any attention to the threads about her... but holy sh##t! This women is a space cadet! The nonsense she's spreading is boiling my blood, I can't turn it off though!

Permit me to enter rambling Marty Whelan mode, the music ran out so need to chat about nothing in particular at length until the news bulletin.

Visited local electrical store to replace broken earphones. I know, a non-essential item. Gloves and hand sanitiser, bandana stolen so had to make do with facial hair. Building was shut alas, only doing home deliveries. Fair enough, just ring the phone number. About to retreat, when I noticed a man in window who then beckoned me over. So began a curious game of charades, as the place was soundproofed. I pointed at my ears, he got the message instantly. Brought back three different varieties, I motioned number two with the peace sign. Then he produced the mobile cash machine. Held it against glass and I tapped with the debit card. Lovely hurling, but what happens next? Address written down on paper for him to meticulously copy? He held up a finger, "one minute". I heard a key turning in the door, an arm then outstretched with the earphones. We now have sound. "Thank you, have a good day". "Wait", says I (trademark Marty), "couldn't we have done this with the door slightly ajar to save the Marcel Marceau routine?". "You're right" says he, before locking up and waving me off. No complaints here, mission accomplished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Incredibly emotional today - tense, anxoius, irate. Worst is that I can tie this down to one person in my life I cannot get out right now, a close family member who's heart is in the right place but who is driving me insane right now. Not sure how to deal with it but I don't know how much longer I can cope without breaking.

Need to walk. 2km x 200 laps I'd say. **JOKE, obviously.

Hope you are all well. And warm, bit chilly out there today? Or just my stone cold heart projecting onto the planet around me? Who knows.

Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Room service time.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    One of these days I shall learn not to post while drunk :):) To anyone that I sent a PM to last night, please take them with the good will that was intended, and the offers still stand.

I’m going back to bed :)

Don't worry about it Smurf. The pictures were a bit graphic though. I understand you were just showing off your fancy hotel robe but I do wish you'd tied it. *

:D

*Smurfjed did not and never has pm'd me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Still at work and making people's day. At least I think I am...

Don't worry about it Smurf. The pictures were a bit graphic though. I understand you were just showing off your fancy hotel robe but I do wish you'd tied it. *

:D

*Smurfjed did not and never has pm'd me.

That made me laugh out loud :D

Having lunch now

This has become my go to thread for posting any kind of nonsense. Sorry about that. But sometimes I want to say something but I don't know where to say it... So ...here's today's ruminations...

I'm in my kitchen... (Just saying where I am so I've met the thread criteria)...

I'm thinking maybe it could possibly be fun to post a photo or two a day from our homes/gardens. Anything from your cat, to a flower, to a lamp you particularly like to the horse in the field across the way. I dunno. But I went to the photography forum thinking I might suggest it there but man alive there's some talented people over there. I don't want to post my crappy photos taken on the world's worst phone in that forum!

It's just that I thought about that today and it inspired me to wander around my garden noticing things I otherwise wouldn't have like buds appearing and a little mushroom and an exceptionally bright yellow buttercup, standing taller and prouder than the rest. It was a nice little break for my mind.

But I don't like starting threads (oh the pressure ) and I guess it's only suitable for the photography forum but I'm definitely not suitable for it.

Anyways.. can always post on Instagram I suppose.

If you made it to the end of that rambly nothingness.. fair play!

Here’s a picture I took earlier of CH :D

He’s going to kill me :D

I do like your idea BB (thumbs up from me)

Currently gardenside

• Advertisement

Deskside tired

But I don't like starting threads (oh the pressure ) and I guess it's only suitable for the photography forum but I'm definitely not suitable for it.

Anyways.. can always post on Instagram I suppose.

If you made it to the end of that rambly nothingness.. fair play!

Great idea BB, no objections from me to you posting pics, as long you say where you are but I would encourage you to start that thread as well in the photo forum, yes I would...........

You're gonna start that thread now right?

*cocks pistol at BB from under the table*
    supermouse wrote: »

bit chilly out there today? Or just my stone cold heart projecting onto the planet around me? Who knows.

Love.

Nope Its warm out and I'd say that warmth is coming from your heart!

Anything from your cat,

These photo's are approved :3 :pac:

Ok I'm gonna do it... I'm going over to the photography forum right now... Just .. any second now.... I'm gonna do it... Or maybe you can do it???

No, no I can do it... Be brave, be brave................

I managed to accidentally take a nice photo once

I managed to accidentally take a nice photo once

The drop on the right looks like a diamond!

I suggested it in their off topic thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Bedside where I have been for the last 24 hours and will be for the next 24 too. I am sick with a couple of non COVID-19 illnesses.

I like the idea BuileBeag, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're going for but I took this video a few months ago on an early morning walk by the river. I'm very lucky to live right beside it. I'm no professional cameraman clearly but here it is anyway.

https://streamable.com/00lkoz

Guy Person wrote: »
    Bedside where I have been for the last 24 hours and will be for the next 24 too. I am sick with a couple of non COVID-19 illnesses.

I like the idea BuileBeag, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're going for but I took this video a few months ago on an early morning walk by the river. I'm very lucky to live right beside it. I'm no professional cameraman clearly but here it is anyway.

https://streamable.com/00lkoz

That's lovely guy. The sound of the water and the sound of the birds! Gorgeous!

I took this pic...and then played with it a little..I'm actually proud of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I took this pic...and then played with it a little..I'm actually proud of it :)

More of those, Panda. It actually makes the place seen atractive. Where did you take that from?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement