Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    Airside. Luggage checked in and enjoying a nice cup of coffee now.
    I am quite tired as I couldn’t sleep with excitement.
    Have a good day folks.

Safe travels! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

^^^Thanks Seph. I feel so lucky to be able to do this trip.
    Btw the coffee Iam drinking is Blue Gold (Mexico and Peru). It “combines notes of Roasted hazelnut, hints of sweet raspberry with a dark chocolate finish”.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Btw the coffee Iam drinking is Blue Gold (Mexico and Peru). It “combines notes of Roasted hazelnut, hints of sweet raspberry with a dark chocolate finish”.

Sounds like heaven in a cup! :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drinking tea and twiddling with dried herbs and flowers. Pity I can't leave them arranged on the table. Like foraged art. Making something for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Penultimate day off. Nothing to do. It's great.

So much for a lazy day. Star wars movie, fort building, park walk, family meal...I need a personal assistant to keep me on schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Airside. Luggage checked in and enjoying a nice cup of coffee now.
    I am quite tired as I couldn’t sleep with excitement.
    Have a good day folks.

Have a wonderful time Eleysian , you deserve it after being so sick !

Sitting with a coffee , watching the birds feeding in the yard, very still out there day .

Drinking tea and twiddling with dried herbs and flowers. Pity I can't leave them arranged on the table. Like foraged art. Making something for a friend.

What brand tea hmmmmm 😛?

😸

Sitting room watching oak island , they always make a tiny bit of progress and then their progress is halted by some unfortunate event .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Have a wonderful time Eleysian , you deserve it after being so sick ! .

Ah thanks Mam. I am so delighted with myself feeling so well. You just can’t put a price on it.
    Hope your son is doing well. I have thought of you both over the last few days.

Ah thanks Mam. I am so delighted with myself feeling so well. You just can’t put a price on it.
    Hope your son is doing well. I have thought of you both over the last few days.

You definitely are right Eleysian , your health is everything . All good here thank you , he's looking at the coming year realistically and feeling positive :)

Just my usual black tea, Seph. No herbal tea for me. It's Barry's in the red box :) I was given a cup of Lipton's tea recently and it was quite nice too.

I'm not sure if I said this before. The only coffee where I was staying recently was an instant coffee, but it was quite nice. Lavazza Prontissimo. I'm going to buy it myself as it's just as good for daily coffee recharges as waiting for proper coffee.

Anyway...I'm still where I was an hour ago haha... in the kitchen flitting around doing this and that. Utterly peaceful.

• Advertisement

Just my usual black tea, Seph. No herbal tea for me. It's Barry's in the red box :)

Sepher's approves :-P Obviously its your evil twin sister that drinks the lipton right :-P ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back couchside with coffee and toast with nutella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Got up at half nine, had a healthy breakfast, took all of my meds and had a shower. That's the most productive I've been in a while :P

Sepher's approves :-P Obviously its your evil twin sister that drinks the lipton right :-P ?

Jack Daniels night and day, like Kesha. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In a Costa somewhere near you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Couch side catching up on some tv series I feel behind on. Enjoying the last day sitting with the glow of the Christmas tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just out of the gym.
    No pain... well, happy days really. But I like doing things the hard way

What brand tea hmmmmm 😛?

😸

Sitting room watching oak island , they always make a tiny bit of progress and then their progress is halted by some unfortunate event .

Ever wonder if it's some sort of a sham?

Butlers Liffey Valley. Jesus. How do people spend so much time in shopping centres. I'm going to hop on a bus in a min and then beautiful beautiful PINTS!!

• Advertisement

Butlers Liffey Valley. Jesus. How do people spend so much time in shopping centres. I'm going to hop on a bus in a min and then beautiful beautiful PINTS!!

I arrived in dundrum this morning and it was bliss. Nice and quiet. But by the time we left an hour ago it was bedlam. Way too many people. Annoying people.

Enjoy the beer! Jealous.

Desk side, feel into a deep sleep for an hour
    Jack Daniels night and day, like Kesha. :)

She's a wild one :O

:-p

Pints of what exactly poly :-P?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pondering work trundle. The world grinds on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The extractor fan can't handle the fried chilis. Capsaicin molecules are floating through the air and making people cough. They are now making their way upstairs.:eek: I was only frying up a few to pop in a pepper sauce later. I like a bit of kick. Might help get rid of the "guests".:D

Heading out for an early pint or two.

Luxuriating in sheer peace, my own home all to myself, all weekend.

Day three of feeling almost blissfully quiet. Tried to drag myself out of it at first but I have the strangest feeling that there's no need to. Everything is coming together as it should, right now. The universe working her mysteries. 2019 was cataclysmic, the tectonic plates of my life shifting to change the landscape so it was unrecognisable. I'm starting to see the outlines of new places I want to visit now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Love that post widders, you have a way with words.
    Sitting relaxed with my Mrs and 2 dogs, having tea and cake.
    My life has moved past much chance of anything cataclysmic in terms of change, sometimes young people make me jealous.

I wish I had a way of words like that too.
    Unfortunately there will be cataclysmic change in my life in the coming months with the death of a loved one on the horizon. But no time for hand wringing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It's now time for Auto to relax and enjoy her weekend :)

Have a good one guys and gals :)

Home from a few pints. I really wish I had a way of grappling with the issues of a Son conceived nearly 30 years ago. I stood by him and his mother back then. She dumped me for a friend of mine who wanted to "live" with her while I wanted a fooking career! I took her back when he beat the head off her.:rolleyes: She dumped me again after another fling with some other bloke and got pregnant. I went back again and took on the new child who eventually called me Daddy. Got dumped again for a better option because I was unsure of marriage and financial commitment after what had happened.

My nearly 28 year old son has visited his grand parents (my parents) and doesn't want to see me!:eek: We haven't spoken in a year. I gave up my entire career for him. Stayed around. Supported him financially and emotionally. The first woman I ever introduced him to was my now wife, while his mother dragged him through relationship after relationship. I'm not woman bashing here, but I feel sick to the stomach about this. He got the best from me. Identity. Holidays. Emotions. Love and all the rest including my wife offering the same. Whats the point when there isn't the slightest semblance of any kind of appreciation.

Rant over and don't be too quick to judge me.

Love that post widders, you have a way with words.
    Sitting relaxed with my Mrs and 2 dogs, having tea and cake.
    My life has moved past much chance of anything cataclysmic in terms of change, sometimes young people make me jealous.

If it's any consolation, I'm not as young as people usually think I am :D Mental age aside :)

• Advertisement

Tough one G, something must have happened a year ago, ifnye had a good relationship up till then.
    Maybe try to work on whatever that issue was?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Tough one G, something must have happened a year ago, ifnye had a good relationship up till then.
    Maybe try to work on whatever that issue was?

It happened 4 years ago and he shouldn't judge me on it. His mother put him through childhood hell. But her husband inherited 8 plus million a few years ago and now I'm the pleb. All that struggling I did means nothing now. Genuinely I gave up a career and dream when he was born. All I want is a tiny bit of recognition or respect for it. A really small bit. He's old enough to understand it as opposed to treating me like dirt. Mrs G has a son from a previous and Daddy gave sweet fook all to her. Her son got back in touch with him a few years ago and he still offers fook all. But Mrs G's son treats her like gold as she did it on her own for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Fatherhood, motherhood, a bastard and a bitch at the best of times.
    No judgements on anyone from me, it is probably the toughest gig in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Home from a good day today, gym and shopping done. Meals cooked for a few days. Have mass tomorrow. But for now I’m just back from a walk with my favourite man and we’re about to watch netflix and drink wine. New year same me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fireside, missing my pet pooch. My Mum is babysitting this weekend so my Dad is home alone ... I felt he needs the company more than me so my little darling is overnighting with him. Now, I’m talking to a dog door stopper who I’ve named Peanut!

Funny how life works out. I'm off to London in a week to follow a dream, but its literally just work. 25 years ago it would have been a dream. Gonna miss Mrs G and Ms G. Home every 6 weeks or so to see them. They deserve better than that though. I really hate how they got caught up in this arsehole son of mine being a dick with my own parents. Its a mantra. Sorry folks but I can't help it.

Grandeood , sometimes it seems you can't do right for doing wrong , whichever way you choose , even with grown up kids . Doesn't stop it hurting though I agree .

Watching Secrets Of A Psychopath , it's the Elaine O Hara murder tonight . So sad .

Grandeood , sometimes it seems you can't do right for doing wrong , whichever way you choose , even with grown up kids . Doesn't stop it hurting though I agree .

Watching Secrets Of A Psychopath , it's the Elaine O Hara murder tonight . So sad .

What channel is that on Mam?

What channel is that on Mam?

CBS Reality Duvet , worth watching if you have it.

CBS Reality Duvet , worth watching if you have it.

Thanks ,just put it on record, it's a facinating(if that's the correct word) case.Im going to watch Tommy Tiernan now,I love him on this but never rated him as a comedian.

• Advertisement

At work.... But in the office, so am watching TV :)
    Just one night this week so off 2moro for their week

Thanks ,just put it on record, it's a facinating(if that's the correct word) case.Im going to watch Tommy Tiernan now,I love him on this but never rated him as a comedian.

Likewise , cannot bear his standup , but love his interviewing style !
    Although Hozier is brutal imo .

Likewise , cannot bear his standup , but love his interviewing style !
    Although Hozier is brutal imo .

Very poor alright, he actually said nothing of substance.

He was shocking boring alright .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

Home office, with a nice steaming cup of tea :)

Finally well enough again to follow this. The last week was no fun, I still don't have a clear memory of most of Tuesday or Wednesday.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Peanut & I are watching our fourth episode (tonight!) of The Crown.
    I now know why I’ve resisted getting started on this series ... it’s very addictive.

Forensic Files on Netflix here , usual bedtime viewing , which ends up more as a podcast as half the time I just listen to it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside now listening to music. Can already feel my back getting sore from all the trays I had to run at work tonight :( hoping the electric blanket will help

Sleepy time for sephers, sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

5am, just climbing into my bed, awesome night with massive storms and fork lightening, massive adrenaline rush.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement