Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Was a bit hairy earlier today...sun is actually making the odd appearance now...town is still fairly deserted though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skybird, how are you doing now?

I'm up again. Cruel. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

They need to remember...don't worry! Be happy!

Get out.

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Somewhay blustery, showery and a bit windy at times here in Dublin, but otherwise not too bad.

Is the worst of the storm supposed to be passed now or is there more to come?

I imagine it's a lot worse down in the West and Southwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Get out.

Shorry :)

Kitchenside drying my mane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

coffee shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Shorry

Ish all that you can shay..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Skybird, how are you doing now?

I'm up again. Cruel. :(

It’s calmed here now tho I still have no esb won’t be restored till 9 o clock :(
    Little bird can’t understand why the tv won’t go on lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Storm has passed here now. Just some flooding to deal with now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still rough enough here..

Poor Babybird it's very confusing when the power is gone!.

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    It’s calmed here now tho I still have no esb won’t be restored till 9 o clock :(
    Little bird can’t understand why the tv won’t go on lol

Time to read him some books :)

No electricity is a real pain alright.

I'm car side listening to a gobshìte who is engaged but hates weddings and isn't too sure about marriage either.

Bye bye world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside after a 6.4km walk.

I'm car side listening to a gobshìte who is engaged but hates weddings and isn't too sure about marriage either.

o_O

He sounds like a right pleasant fella poly............would you marry him :pac:?

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Ish all that you can shay..... :pac:

Still words don't come easily...like I love you! I luuuuv yoooou!

Hi Perse good to hear from you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Well that was a miserable day! Expected to work all day too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hope you are all safe.

In my bed. Just had a lemsip with whiskey made for me by the other half.

Tired grem had her last appointment with current psych today. Head all over the place. Work soon hah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It’s a hard life as a dog.

That was my shopping purchase, just had a wonderful few hours sitting beside it. But then notified to work at sunrise. Mutt won’t be impressed.

Hi Perse good to hear from you!

Hi Grem :) Thank you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi Grem :) Thank you.

Where been hiding poly hmmmmmmm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    It’s a hard life as a dog...
    +1

Spent the day hiding from weather and found another murial :p

Is it an illustration of one of HB's dreams ?

Where been hiding poly hmmmmmmm?

Preserving my nerves and patience Sephers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

0lddog wrote: »
    +1

Spent the day hiding from weather and found another murial :p

Is it an illustration of one of HB's dreams ?

Smiling Bumbóg here Olddog!
    Hope you are having a lovely holiday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....trying to persuade the middle chick to scratch my back with the back scratcher......not working....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside watching The Rookie on NowTV.

Hope everyone survive Brendan.

Oh noes!. Boards off line at 05.00??

We'll have a maintenance window on 14 Jan from 5-7am. During this time you will be unable to use Boards but we hope to be back online by 7am at the latest and possibly before that

Oh noes!. Boards off line at 05.00??

We'll have a maintenance window on 14 Jan from 5-7am. During this time you will be unable to use Boards but we hope to be back online by 7am at the latest and possibly before that

nooo.jpg

Seph, i'm scared :eek:

Time for cigarettes AND chocolate, so.

Quietly contemplating changing my identity and fleeing for Argentina or perhaps the mariana trench. Somewhere as far away from trouble as possible.

Kitchen filling a hot water bottle and making a cupan tae

Seph, i'm scared :eek:

😝😝
    Time for cigarettes AND chocolate, so.

Quietly contemplating changing my identity and fleeing for Argentina or perhaps the mariana trench. Somewhere as far away from trouble as possible.

Or just move down south 😏😏

What's up?

• Advertisement

Are you South? Pull out another cup there, I'm on my way!
    It's better for everyone if I say nothing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Funny old day, had to go to work in the afternoon, had to meet a client.
    Got to Longford, it was very quiet in there for a change. Stayed in till 7 and got quite a bit done.
    Had no dinner today, just done with a sandwich, nothing stressful all day and I'm wrecked tired.
    Watching snooker and I think I'll soon head for bed, def no shenanigans tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, putting my christmas bonus purchases through their paces :)

Also, still dealing with that bloody flu. It's been two weeks now, and I'm still not over it. It wouldn't be so bad if that bastard at least paid rent...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside, putting my christmas bonus purchases through their paces :)

Also, still dealing with that bloody flu. It's been two weeks now, and I'm still not over it. It wouldn't be so bad if that bastard at least paid rent...

I'm on week feck knows of some stupid cold, in my lungs a good three or four weeks now and exputex, which is normally great for me, is doing nothing.

Anyway, reviews of bonus purchases please :)

Are you South? Pull out another cup there, I'm on my way!
    It's better for everyone if I say nothing :D

Ohhh ya just so happens I am actually 🤔

🐱😏

Anyway, reviews of bonus purchases please :)

Nothing exciting. A new external hard drive (WD MyPassport, 1TB), and a USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 Hub for my MacBook. Should help me get back into video making, once I get my voice back that is...

Went for a spin. Grand dramatic night, wind plastering wet leaves to everything. Need to download Chamillionaire "Ridin' " for when I'm driving because it was my earworm and made me :D
    Or possibly to listen to when I'm just cycling hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Alonzo

Nothing exciting. A new external hard drive (WD MyPassport, 1TB), and a USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 Hub for my MacBook. Should help me get back into video making, once I get my voice back that is...

What hub did you go for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In my PJs snuggled up on the sofa with my OH watching the film Mission Impossible on TV.

Got the weekly grocery shopping in and a much needed haircut. Early to bed tonight!

• Advertisement

Alonzo wrote: »
    What hub did you go for?

Some no-name hub called Eksa ET-28G: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0814B5QN2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Amazon link for reference, not affiliated in any way)

I mainly got it as an "on the go" hub so I can quickly dump footage and images from my camera or drone onto my MacBook while on the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

In bed finishing off a presentation for college, feeling quite proud of it and torn between excitement to show it off and mind numbing anxiety at the thoughts of presenting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

eviltwin wrote: »
    In bed finishing off a presentation for college, feeling quite proud of it and torn between excitement to show it off and mind numbing anxiety at the thoughts of presenting it.

Bet it will be awesome!

Im trying to decide to stay or go... the same decision that has haunted me for the last 16 years. *Hint-I've always went...

Some no-name hub called Eksa ET-28G: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0814B5QN2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Amazon link for reference, not affiliated in any way)

I mainly got it as an "on the go" hub so I can quickly dump footage and images from my camera or drone onto my MacBook while on the move.

I'm sort of looking for one too. I haven't decided to upgrade to the new Pro just yet. Thanks for the link, have it added to my wishlist now :)

You'll be great. Knock that anxiety's teeth out and show off your work.

Lying on my bed.

I'm sort of looking for one too. I haven't decided to upgrade to the new Pro just yet. Thanks for the link, have it added to my wishlist now :)

Really strange, my brother got the same one last week!

You'll be great, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed crippled with the fear shook to my very core
    Hate my life hate everything starving still have glitter on my face that I can’t get off lol kill me

Really strange, my brother got the same one last week!

Is your brother's name Thomil? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

In bed crippled with the fear shook to my very core
    Hate my life hate everything starving still have glitter on my face that I can’t get off lol kill me

Wanna tell us more about whats going on?
    We're here for you if you ever need us!!

Also - glitter is like herpes, it never really goes away ;)

Is your brother's name Thomil? :eek:

That's the only explanation mon, Mind is blown !

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

supermouse wrote: »
    Wanna tell us more about whats going on?
    We're here for you if you ever need us!!

Also - glitter is like herpes, it never really goes away ;)

Aww not much I went out last night, stayed in a hotel and brought a bottle of vanilla vodka and I was mixing it with peach shnapps think I drank the whole bottle I don’t remember sharing and then drinking whatever I was drinking at the bar too. Friend made a pass at me. I went to bed early though so I didn’t do anything bad, talked to him til I fell asleep but I was still drunk til this afternoon I’m only in hangover mode now I’m shook and you know after a night like that you think everyone is out to get you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement