Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I had something like the fear on Saturday I think. I was disgusted with people and everything felt grim and filthy and sordid. Hotels are freaky places though, in my opinion. Those corridors.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just a bit of friendly advice to those posters who get “the fear” a lot after heavy boozing sessions: maybe think of cutting down on the drink for a while.

Your health - especially mental health and well-being - will improve no end.:)

Night peeps!

First time drinking spirits...2nd time getting the fear ..:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Eek how has only four hours passed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Just a bit of friendly advice to those posters who get “the fear” a lot after heavy boozing sessions: maybe think of cutting down on the drink for a while.

Your health - especially mental health and well-being - will improve no end.:)

Night peeps!
    Physical too, I’m like a box of LEGO here I’ve a limp and all
    Definitely going to stop partying so hard soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bed , and Netflix .
    Always think about food late at night , gammon steaks and eggs and tomatoes seem like a tempting choice for a late breakfast tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed as well, was watching Netflix but decided to stop in the hopes that I’ll manage to get myself to sleep at a more reasonable hour than I have been.

My own sense of the fear on Saturday was “what did I say, what did I do to make a fool of myself this time?” etc mixed with that sense of insecurity I get (not sure if others get this too) when you start to really like someone. Not a pleasant experience :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was just thinking you had become a bit of a night owl alright Kitty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, thinking, must stay up to reset sleeping pattern

Bedside, thinking, must stay up to reset sleeping pattern

You too Aspie? Gosh, well i do hope you all can get your rhythm back..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I was just thinking you had become a bit of a night owl alright Kitty :)

All this time off college is wreaking havoc with my sleeping schedule :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Bed , and Netflix .
    Always think about food late at night , gammon steaks and eggs and tomatoes seem like a tempting choice for a late breakfast tomorrow :D

mam your inbox is full,was trying to send you a message for the receipe.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    All this time off college is wreaking havoc with my sleeping schedule :rolleyes:

It's like me and work, i'm all over the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside, awake.

Damn brain off switch not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Welcome back bassy

In bed after some marshmallows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Welcome back bassy

In bed after some marshmallows

thank you shoes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, in a taxi heading to work, great thing about this time of day is they the streets are empty.

Immediately went on the Mutts “talk to the paw” list. 36 hours at home in 19 days really isn’t enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Trying to feel enthusiastic as I await a job interview Skype call and die from the flu at the same time. She's late calling me and I just want to lie down again.

Tea.

Smurf i don't know how you had time for that office job when you had it!.

Best of luck Witchie, though if she's any later sod her, go lie down..

• Advertisement

You too Aspie? Gosh, well i do hope you all can get your rhythm back..

Yep, fingers crossed here

Yep, fingers crossed here

You watching anything good lately?.

You watching anything good lately?.

Was watching an old corrie there, I have a load of stuff to catch up on :)

I'm taking a break from the dark stuff and watching bojack horseman at the mo..

I'm taking a break from the dark stuff and watching bojack horseman at the mo..

Thats cool, any good?

Thats cool, any good?

It's bizarre and smart. I like it but i'm not even sure why.

• Advertisement

It's bizarre and smart. I like it but i'm not even sure why.

Cool :D

More like stubborn, i'll end up watching all of it in the next days off :pac:

Just awake again. I was offered the job but need to decide by tomorrow if I want it. It's crap enough money but since it is only one article a day it's not too bad. Gonna see if can get a few more € outta them then will take it.

Two pairs of socks weather in the west, turned quite cold..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

It's a grey cold one 2.6C

Kitchen/porridge/toast/coffee, had a lovely date night with my favourite woman:)

This site has gone very hard on d'eyes since they disabled the skin I was using :(

The salt mines beckon - make the best of it folks :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

In a meeting with the job am tempted to quit. Can barely muster the energy to stay awake never mind contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Up and at them, tea and toast in.
    I'm not in until ten today, I have a doctor appointment first.
    I hate dark January mornings and the so changeable weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

He was a skater boi, he said see you later boi........ you are very welcome.

Homeside listening to The Gambler. Wondering why cold sweat burns like heat. I think my system is even now still purging the weekend whiskey. Great aversion therapy though. Not only do I never want to drink whiskey, I want to live a wholesome clean life (I kind of already was, I'd just forgotten to love it). My tarot cards have been scary for the past few days.

Work done for the day, fun morning.

I love the way that a circle of volcanic rock has a granite mountain in the middle.

Last one is a bit of downtown Riyadh.

@Grem, the expectation would be that I spent yesterday in the office and would now continue to work remotely, this was the “con” the “pro” was that I Could stay home more, but in the end it just wasn’t worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Homeside listening to The Gambler. Wondering why cold sweat burns like heat. I think my system is even now still purging the weekend whiskey. Great aversion therapy though. Not only do I never want to drink whiskey, I want to live a wholesome clean life (I kind of already was, I'd just forgotten to love it). My tarot cards have been scary for the past few days.

Anything good on the cards for a Taurus ? :pac:

Deskside with the sweet stuff, I'll have to take a trip to town soon and buy more beans in the place where my brother got them for me :3.

Anything good on the cards for a Taurus ? :pac:

Deskside with the sweet stuff, I'll have to take a trip to town soon and buy more beans in the place where my brother got them for me :3.

I can pull you a few cards if you like Seph. I don't go by starsigns I just pull cards with a question in mind.

What coffee do you drink?

I tried some cranky donkey or roaring ass or something from the health food shop but it tasted like something from the ash pan of my stove.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What coffee do you drink?

I tried some cranky donkey or roaring ass

Roaring ass?

*Sniggers childishly* 🤣

Columbian beans at the moment, when you move south I'll make ya a cup 🐱

Sitting room side watching a show about shipwrecks, fascinating!

Homeside, ready to face the world now and feeling a million times happier and more sure than I was. Appointment this eve and then good stuff tomorrow and Thursday :)

Roaring ass?

*Sniggers childishly* 🤣

Columbian beans at the moment, when you move south I'll make ya a cup 🐱

Sitting room side watching a show about shipwrecks, fascinating!

Yep. It was definitely called something like that anyway! :)

I love anything about shipwrecks. And lighthouses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm finally able to get here through google as the home page sends you to twitter.

Afternoon all :).

Had a wonderful date night with my favourite man and now planning date night number 2 :)

Currently coalface side

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the canteen at work finishing lunch.

New Head of Department starting next Monday so everyone is a bit anxious and excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Working from home today, having some lunch so turn the TV on....sick of the election talk already!

Took myself off twitter a year or so ago, was wasting too much time on it - so many references to it on RTE News about the election and candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Unmotivated today so work is a struggle, but I am getting it done. Looking out the window here not even a sign of the storm after the wellying the town took yesterday. However I get a message early of chap the got knocked on his ass on pier near me.. fool for even being that close to those waves,

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm finally able to get here through google as the home page sends you to twitter.

Currently coalface side

Auto, if you clear your history/cache/cookies you'll be sorted..

Getting up again. My poor bed, parting is such sweet sorrow etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

At home, second day in a row. Didn't get up until sometime after one. Just out of the shower now feeling motivated, gonna head into town for a few hours and have a nose around..
    Did somebody mention Columbian beans?

At home, second day in a row. Didn't get up until sometime after one. Just out of the shower now feeling motivated, gonna head into town for a few hours and have a nose around..
    Did somebody mention Columbian beans?

Yes! get them, there good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Yer not wrong seph ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think Harry might be referring to another Columbian delicacy. ;)

• Advertisement

I think Harry might be referring to another Columbian delicacy. ;)

Which is what exactly? hmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement