Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh my brain, was trapped in a bad dream, horrifically realistic, hopefully not prophetic jaysis.. Painkillers and antidepressants for breakfast, in better news planning on a takeaway today or tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Oh my brain, was trapped in a bad dream, horrifically realistic, hopefully not prophetic jaysis.. Painkillers and antidepressants for breakfast, in better news planning on a takeaway today or tomorrow :)

Or maybe both days! Treat yourself Grem! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

For anyone in Dublin Irish Italian chippers are fundraising for pieta House so fish and chips for a fiver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Eleysian wrote:
    Hey Ghosteen, On the beach, trying not to think about work. Mr E and I having a Pina Colada. Hugs and good wishes to all in pain.

Mmm Pina colada. I like your style. Although I don't think it would work as well on an Irish beach in this weather. 🀔 :pac:

For anyone in Dublin Irish Italian chippers are fundraising for pieta House so fish and chips for a fiver!

I saw that, fair play to them. Tremdnous cause and very close to my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

She'll tease you
    She'll unease you
    All the better to please you

She's precocious
    And she knows just what it takes to make a pro blush...

Big decision time. Tying approx 200 elastic bands around marbles in 10 meters of habotai silk is surprisingly calming.

She's precocious And she knows just what it takes to make a pro blush...

She's got Derek Davis eyes?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

She'll tease you
    She'll unease you
    All the better to please you

She's precocious
    And she knows just what it takes to make a pro blush...

Big decision time. Tying approx 200 elastic bands around marbles in 10 meters of habotai silk is surprisingly calming.

Well f**k me!! I always thought it was "and she know just what it takes to make a crow blush"!!

Now sitting at the desk singing guess what!

• Advertisement

Had to Google those lyrics and still don't know the tune :D

Well f**k me!! I always thought it was "and she know just what it takes to make a crow blush"!!

Now sitting at the desk singing guess what!

So did I. And "she'll have a bad time just to please you."...I thought it was a subliminial nod to sadomasochism haha...

Bette Davis Eyes, Dave :)

On the silk side, it's just pi****g me off now. No end to it.

Kim Carnes voice, hubba hubba

OK, I'll go a have a listen so :)

This better not be an earworm!

[edit] heard 2 seconds, I know it!

OK, I'll go a have a listen so :)

This better not be an earworm!

Youve probably heard it

Edit - haha brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

At home playing hooky from my training session. Couldn’t face it on this cold, dark and showery evening.
    By way of compromise I am making soup for dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Date night with my favourite man: :)

Hope everyone feels better soon ((hugs))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Mmm Pina colada. I like your style. Although I don't think it would work as well on an Irish beach in this weather. �� :pac:

Ah Ghosteen, I wasn’t sure about posting because it comes across as real smug. Other than a break in the west Of Ireland in late summer that’s it holiday wise until next year. So what’s a girl to do except have another pina colada!! :pac: :pac:

Planning to keep busy when I get home so I don’t miss my gorgeous nephews too much. Oh mo croi.

Sending you all a nice spiced Mauritian rum for the evening that’s in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Date night with my favourite man: :)

I didn't know we had a date tonight auto 🤔

Just woke up from a nap, I've some sleepy head on me 😴

So busy this week ,up at 6am for the last few days,I'm not a morning person so its absolute torture for me,hospital appointments with my dad for the "p" problem, oh god it's awkward but he couldn't care less lol.Got a takeaway late last night and was up at 1am doubled over with horrific cramps.Ive hardly been on my phone last few days and falling asleep if I sit on the couch.

I have something on next week that I'm dreading and then a few nights away but the long range forecast is mentioning a possible storm/very windy and there was a terrible landing at the airport here on Monday so I'm really worried already..I'm a ball of stress at the moment.

@Leggy,nothing rescheduled and I think I'll forget about, I have enough ****e going on at the moment tbh.😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭who what when

Marcus Aurelius said it best...
    'Treat what you don’t have as nonexistent. Look at what
    you have, the things you value most, and think of how much you’d crave them if you didn’t have them. But be careful.
    Don’t feel such satisfaction that you start to overvalue them
    —that it would upset you to lose them'

• Advertisement

Thanks Grem.
    Couchside eating fish and chips :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Thanks Grem.
    Couchside eating fish and chips :)

*slides plate over* :pac:

In bed. Not accelerating through it today like I usually do. Texting my friend with the knackered legs and discussing our upcoming book, working title: "Life hacks for the prematurely dilapidated and decrepit" . Black humour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭thomil

In bed. Not accelerating through it today like I usually do. Texting my friend with the knackered legs and discussing our upcoming book, working title: "Life hacks for the prematurely dilapidated and decrepit" . Black humour :)

Are you taking third party submissions for that book? Or can I at least get a review copy for my blog? Sounds like my type of book :D

Deskside trying to get that bloody cough under control. The bastard still isn't paying rent... :mad:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Can I get a signed copy please no 1 issue? :3

Sitting on the stairs, listening to that alcoholic clown downstairs, hes gone off his head, was in hospital over night because of a seizure he had yesterday and he's gone mental from the alcohol withdrawal, giving my poor mam and dad a hard time.

I could come over with a hardback copy and brain him with it for you, Seph x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside feeling 90, I could write a chapter or 2 for you, Widders.

Sorry to hear that Seph, it's awful when there's nothing you can do to help.

Sympathies on the early mornings, Duvet, I don't know how you do it. Keep the rescheduling in the back of your mind, it might seem like a good idea in the future.

Will it ever be the weekend? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside. If it is not within arms reach it is not being done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Fish n chips n wine.

On a Wednesday.

Great initiative from the Irish Italian Community for one of their own.

I did put fish n chips in my new car, hope it does not get rid of the new car smell.

Eleysian wrote:
    Ah Ghosteen, I wasn’t sure about posting because it comes across as real smug. Other than a break in the west Of Ireland in late summer that’s it holiday wise until next year. So what’s a girl to do except have another pina colada!!

Ah jaysus you didn't come across as smug at all. You're dead right...get them inta ya Cynthia! :pac: enjoy the rest of the holiday Elysian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Took a pic of this as I think it's lovely , and I think it fits us here . We might not know each other in real life , but the sentiment has no boundaries ..

Hugs to all in need of them this evening .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Took a pic of this as I think it's lovely , and I think it fits us here . We might not know each other in real life , but the sentiment has no boundaries ..

Hugs to all in need of them this evening .

I think I'm represented by Snoopy in the pic: I don;t say much but I'm listening!

Right now, decision between some work or Man Utd vs Wolves

(I;m a Wolves fan for tonight!)

*slides plate over* :pac:

Enjoy Seph, they gave me enough to feed an army of hungry Cork men :pac:
    Extra vinegar too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...chicks around me.....just a had a big bowl of caramel and chocolate ice cream from Iceland......oh good god I want more lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Couchside after Chinese
    Defo a better choice than the glass sprinkled off the floor chicken casserole lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That’s lovely Mam 😀

I’m eyeing up my lovely bed and thinking of an early night. Rock n roll here

I think I'm represented by Snoopy in the pic: I don;t say much but I'm listening!

I'm the headboard... :pac:

[quote=Cali_girl Extra vinegar too[/quote]

Dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Defo a better choice than the glass sprinkled off the floor chicken casserole lol :)
    OMG No! :eek:. Been there, done that :o

Couch-side, another great day :)

Expecting seat 32e and a drop of over 20C tomorrow:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Date night with my favourite man: :)...

and you were up at 6:00

#burningbothendsofthecandle :D

( do it while you can - wish I still could )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

So did I. And "she'll have a bad time just to please you."...I thought it was a subliminial nod to sadomasochism haha...

Bette Davis Eyes, Dave :)

On the silk side, it's just pi****g me off now. No end to it.

Curious as to what you are doing with the silk. Resist dyeing, shibori?? I once tied individual rice grains to form a pattern for indigo dyeing!

...... Texting my friend with the knackered legs and discussing our upcoming book, working title: "Life hacks for the prematurely dilapidated and decrepit" . Black humour :)

Havnt received it yet !

anewme wrote: »
    ....I did put fish n chips in my new car, hope it does not get rid of the new car smell.

Nothing like the smell of wet dog to do that :)

Back home deskside after going over to my Mum and Dad for dinner. Still trying to finish this work laptop off so I can do a proper days work tomorrow.. on a good note I accidentally came across an epically awesome album and have 1 tune one repeat for the last 30 minutes.. My record for repeat listens of a single song is 116 times over 2 days :D

wildwillow wrote: »
    Curious as to what you are doing with the silk. Resist dyeing, shibori?? I once tied individual rice grains to form a pattern for indigo dyeing!

Yes!!! Shibori. :)
    Not sure which one this is, but I have a length of silk pole wrapped for arashi shibori on the go at the same time :)

Love the rice idea!!! Time consuming isn't it :) I'm experimenting with fishing line stitching and clamps too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Back home deskside after going over to my Mum and Dad for dinner. Still trying to finish this work laptop off so I can do a proper days work tomorrow.. on a good note I accidentally came across an epically awesome album and have 1 tune one repeat for the last 30 minutes.. My record for repeat listens of a single song is 116 times over 2 days :D

Curiosity killed the cat , what is it ?

Hitting the lead a early , well , in about twenty minutes or so , and I think I'm getting a fecking cold or something , lovely !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Just a relaxing evening here, was on WhatsApp with a couple of the big children, we had a bit of a laugh and had tea and cake looking and chatting with each other.
    They're coming over for St Patrick's day and we will head over there for Easter.
    Something to look forward to anyway.
    Bed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside with wine after a shower feeling a bit more human.

Snap, mam! What's the song, Dave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside catching up on the soaps from tonight before watching tonight’s 90 Day Fiancé. Considering second helpings of tonight’s Chinese that we had for dinner as I’m a bit peckish :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

In bed. Not accelerating through it today like I usually do. Texting my friend with the knackered legs and discussing our upcoming book, working title: "Life hacks for the Prematurely Dilapidated and Decrepit" . Black humour :)

How do I get on your text list? I could use an advance copy! :o

Everyone over to the new PDD forum... finally, a place I would fit in! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement