Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Deja Boo wrote: »
    How do I get on your text list? I could use an advance copy! :o

Everyone over to the new PDD forum... finally, a place I would fit in! :pac:

What's the PDD forum?

Edit: I'm a bit slow today! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

What's the PDD forum?

Edit: I'm a bit slow today! :D

I nominate Leg End for PDD mod! :D

I'd probably forget and it would descend into anarchy. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Second that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Great and I will post wine recommendations as a main life hack.

anewme wrote: »
    Great and I will post wine recommendations as a main life hack.

Wine recommendations will be most welcome.

How's the new car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

On the couch. I have temporarily misplaced my ability to sleep. I mean, in the morning I was almost too tired to take off one of my shoes, but now I'm wide awake!

Grrrrr. But tomorrow is Thursday, so, that helps!

Wine recommendations will be most welcome.

How's the new car?

Pretty nice. A little boy and his Dad came over for a look at the shop.

You'll fit a lot of us in that. :D

It’s gorgeous anewme!

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    It’s gorgeous anewme!

And so shiny and new looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

anewme wrote: »
    Pretty nice. A little boy and his Dad cane over for a look at the shop.

[IMG][/img]C399-DBF2-342-D-4-F3-F-A006-33-D60182-BE01.jpg

Ooooh. Shiny! Looks great.

Best of luck with it anewme. Does he/she have a name?

Thanks everyone, it will be shiny when the rain comes.

Yep room for all.

As the B52 s would say

"I've got me a Skoda, it seats about twenty so come on and bring your juke box money"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mam, Leg. They’re heavy rock songs.. Nothing popular in any way!

However, there was a super popular song a few years ago that I got caught listening to on repeat by that sharing feature on Spotify. Dave took a serious slagging for that one.. Damn Carley-Ray and her catchy songs :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside after swimming laps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just in bed and for a change I think I'll sleep. The trick, with me, is to have it pretty cold in the room wrap up in bed and I'll sleep! .
    Great night everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I'm off to bed, much later than planned, night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Bedside catching up on all I missed - lovely car Anewme "Well Wear" as they say around these parts.

I have been back on a health kick after all the Christmas indulging - (wine, I haven't touched a drop, and not one chip - a tip for travelling with fish & chips just don't salt and vinegar them until you get home and they don't stink out the car)

Hope you're feeling better Witchie sounds like an awful dose.

Night all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

I'm in bed and now I'm hungry again. Le stomach gurgle.

• Advertisement

Ghosteen wrote: »
    I'm in bed and now I'm hungry again. Le stomach gurgle.

Jaysus I wish I was starving.

I'm full to the gills of fish.wont sleep now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'd probably forget and it would descend into anarchy. :pac:

Anarchy? Like, extra grumbling? I don't think there's much danger of any of us smashing up the place at the moment :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Yes!!! Shibori. :)
    Not sure which one this is, but I have a length of silk pole wrapped for arashi shibori on the go at the same time :)

Love the rice idea!!! Time consuming isn't it :) I'm experimenting with fishing line stitching and clamps too.

Would love some photos of fiished article. It is as good as mindfulness as your thoughts can wander while doing the tying. I can't sit and think without doing something.

Bedside! Wide awake! Hmmm.. to get up or battle my way back to Never Never Land...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, wide awake, but on the bright side its my day off :)

I'm going to a book launch in drogheda this weekend, very inspiring :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside, enjoying the final few moments of peace & serenity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, beautiful cold morning here and it looks like I have the day off. Trying to decide if I shall be energetic or totally lazy.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Bedside, enjoying the final few moments of peace & serenity.

Ditto..what I wouldn't give for a day off,cant get out of the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Feeling a little more human today and actually getting some work done.

Morning All!
    Walkies over and cats fed. Busy day ahead.
    Here's wishing everyone a terrific Thursday (honeybear hugs for anyone who needs one, including myself!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good morning all, beautiful cold morning here and it looks like I have the day off. Trying to decide if I shall be energetic or totally lazy.

Energetic, deffo.

We need one wherer looking the part at least.

Deskside - an hour earlier than usual. Nespresso pouring. Happy Thursday :D

Did you get your laptop sorted dave?
    I'm not in early, I just left my Mrs to work as her car is being picked up for a service today.
    Coooooking some bacon for a sandwich and it smells good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

It's a damp windy morning here, mild-ish compared to recently 9C

Kitchenside gathering myself together

Have a good day folks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Did you get your laptop sorted dave?
    I'm not in early, I just left my Mrs to work as her car is being picked up for a service today.
    Coooooking some bacon for a sandwich and it smells good.

Still a few little bits being ironed out this morning, Bishop! But I moved most of the data over night so the worst is definetly past! :D It's an awesome little beast of a thing, big jump from the HP I was on. Now I want a bacon sambo! **DROOLING**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Someone making us bacon sandwiches :D

Late start today so I'm thinking about my favourite man :) enjoyed date night and we went to see the film 1917, film was good but I thought it was going to be better, not enough war for my liking ;):D

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Someone making us bacon sandwiches :D

Late start today so I'm thinking about my favourite man :) enjoyed date night and we went to see the film 1917, film was good but I thought it was going to be better, not enough war for my liking ;):D

Bishop is in the kitchen fixing us up Auto! :D

I'm going to see 1917 with my Dad and Brother next week, I heard it's best war movie since Saving Private Ryan!? Was this a porky that I read? I'ma BIG fan of war movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting across from a man that’s the image of Michael Jackson. Waiting for him to ask Annie if she’s ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm going to see 1917 with my Dad and Brother next week, I heard it's best war movie since Saving Private Ryan!? Was this a porky that I read? I'ma BIG fan of war movies.

Saving Private Ryan is a classic and 1917 will not be, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but they are 2 completely different films.

Autosport wrote: »
    Saving Private Ryan is a classic and 1917 will not be, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but they are 2 completely different films.

I'll let you know what I think when I see it. All things being honest though, I would take Band of Brothers over any war film any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll let you know what I think when I see it. All things being honest though, I would take Band of Brothers over any war film any day of the week.

Loved that series ! I remember the Pacific coming out after it and being disappointed with it ,good but not as good as Bob.

Getting ready to head into town, to buy coffee beans and soda bread from farm gate and call into a jobs agency. Had a cup of lavazza bean coffee this morning , I can't go back to the lavazza coffee beans they just don't give me the loopy headiness feeling anymore, Im to use to the good stuff now so calling into Maher's coffee 🤪🤪.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@IamMetaldave

What brand/type is the new laptop?

wildwillow wrote: »
    Would love some photos of fiished article. It is as good as mindfulness as your thoughts can wander while doing the tying. I can't sit and think without doing something.

I'd be delighted to show you but I'm a bit clueless about uploading photos to this site...will try to figure it out though :)

If you have any photos of your rice dye project I'd love to see it :)

It can be really meditative :)

I was trying to thank your post here, but for some reason it won't let me.
    I love war films too, full metal jacket is my favourite.
    Still home, the fecker hasn't come to pick up Mrs car yet so I'll have to hide the keys outside before I go.
    Had my bacon sandwich, it was gorgeous, but lunch will be at work, I'll buy a roll on the way in.

Edit, got it thanked.

Loved that series ! I remember the Pacific coming out after it and being disappointed with it ,good but not as good as Bob.

Getting ready to head into town, to buy coffee beans and soda bread from farm gate and call into a jobs agency. Had a cup of lavazza bean coffee this morning , I can't go back to the lavazza coffee beans they just don't give me the loopy headiness feeling anymore, Im to use to the good stuff now so calling into Maher's coffee ����.

Totally with you on the Pacific bro, was interesting from seeing the difference in the war over that side against Europe, but the band of brothers as a group just had such an interesting story, Bastogne just seemed to be the absolute level of misery!
    smurfjed wrote: »
    @IamMetaldave

What brand/type is the new laptop?

It's a Dell 7400. Wouldn't be my first choice as an Appletart, but it's a million miles better than the HP I had. it's super compact as well and has a bigger screen than the HP too.
    I was trying to thank your post here, but for some reason it won't let me.
    I love war films too, full metal jacket is my favourite.
    Still home, the fecker hasn't come to pick up Mrs car yet so I'll have to hide the keys outside before I go.
    Had my bacon sandwich, it was gorgeous, but lunch will be at work, I'll buy a roll on the way in.

Edit, got it thanked.

I too have had issues with liking posts the last couple of days, I saw there's some maintance going on, so maybe that's it?!

As for war movies, FMJ is up there for me too.. and Platoon and the other classics.. apart from Apocalpse Now, I never liked that one.

Deskside eating spagetti bolagnaise my Mum gave me last night. Delish.

Anyone read war books?
    "Do the birds still sing in Hell" was my most recent. Very moving...

Wondering what to do with my free day

Anyone read war books?

I used to read more, but i have to read for exams for work so much now I only read my Batman comics now :)

Anyone read war books?

Take a trip south maybe 😏😏.

I've read books about the Holocaust , absolutely heart breaking and sickening what some of deluded nazi idiot believed in and the atrocities they did, watched a load of documentaries as well.

Well I got my coffee beans 😃 , Columbian, Peruvian and Costa Rican and a strong Italian one that the lady in the shop recommended , "seeing as you have 3 medium roasts I recommend something stronger, this Italian " she says 😃 I better be careful of that one though , that could send me through the roof with loopy headiness 🤪🤪 disappointed in farm gate, they gave away my brown soda bread that I ordered yesterday 😾😾

Currently heading for the bus soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anyone read war books?

I used to read war books, when I was a much younger soldier then I stopped.

I was reading The Beekeeper of Aleppo last night and I found myself comparing it to a lot of things I witnessed in Lebanon, then I'd some nasty dreams last night and a terrible nights sleep as a result. So I'm not sure how I'll get on with this book.

So, where am I now and what am I doing.. Just finished lunch, I'll eat small and hydrate for Judo tonight and if I have time I'll go for a small swim afterwards (I'm up on 4700m this week so a 1300 would bring me nicely into the weekend).

Might take a power nap shortly.

• Advertisement

Well I got my coffee beans 😃 , Columbian, Peruvian and Costa Rican and a strong Italian one that the lady in the shop recommended , "seeing as you have 3 medium roasts I recommend something stronger, this Italian " she says 😃 I better be careful of that one though , that could send me through the roof with loopy headiness 🤪🤪 disappointed in farm gate, they gave away my brown soda bread that I ordered yesterday 😾😾

Currently heading for the bus soon.

Check out Guatemalan coffee bro, it's superb! My buddy from there brings me a parcel of it everytime we are onsite somewhere together. It's PROPER loopy-head juice :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement