Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Oh and as a veggie for 30 years, gifted, get used to it. Will be cheaper for ya so enjoy the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Drop me a PM if in AH if you want it gone.

Couchside, time for tea & a biccie or 3.

Thanks. Ill remember for future reference as it keeps happening, my phone's not taking me to the right page.

Just couchside waiting for Chinese and having a cold beer,got lots done today so feeling good,spent 5 mins in Smyths just in and out as had a photo of what I needed,then went to Penneys and Tesco,had a coffee with someone ,dark clothes washed and dried and whites are on,not budging for the night but will probably be asleep by 8pm....grand stretch there this evening and it makes me feel old that I noticed and appreciated that lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just couchside waiting for Chinese and having a cold beer,got lots done today so feeling good,spent 5 mins in Smyths just in and out as had a photo of what I needed,then went to Penneys and Tesco,had a coffee with someone ,dark clothes washed and dried and whites are on,not budging for the night but will probably be asleep by 8pm....grand stretch there this evening and it makes me feel old that I noticed and appreciated that lol.

What beer ?

Lying on my bed feeling hazey headed 😵

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't like Buenos so wont sliding any plates.

Thank god more for me so 🤤

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying on the recliner, drinking wine in front of the open fire listening to
    https://open.spotify.com/track/6pOffh2sqSzz919hFP7ijd?si=SoB3QxANRna14D4yZ8ODZQ

Never been so relaxed

Absolutely stuffed. Having Rochshore Sephers,I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No more sausage rolls.

I can’t imagine a world like that!
    I have to go to Smyths ffs..hate the place.

There or Penny’s on Henry st, I’m pretty sure it’s the 9th circle of hell.

@Gifted, I chuckled at your posts! I think the potatoes and broccoli is a good plan and always have the smell of bacon around. It’ll be solved quickly!

Currently Couchside Just finished catching up on you lot :D I had to do a bit of work this morning... I was late because I may have had 4 more pints last night than I had planned! But they just tasted like more so I kept drinking them! On the upside it’s kept me out of the pub (so far) tonight! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well Hello ya bunch of feckers!:D I got a pass at lunchtime today for a quick visit and the flight was paid for. I did an internet addiction ban all week so I could settle into the new London regime. Love it there, but love it here too. The house hasn't burned down and the ladies are grand. Back on a plane tomorrow and then real intense work as in the new reality.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

At Dubai waiting for our flights in a few hours. Said goodbye to the best boys in all of Dubai (as well as brother and SIL). We all shed some tears but sure onwards and upwards. I have fantastic memories to take back.
    I am now looking forward to a nice cup of Barry’s and some toast.

On my second can,let the shenanigans start ,bet Grandeeod will get chipper tonight ,welcome home and enjoy your night.

On my second can,let the shenanigans start ,bet Grandeeod will get chipper tonight ,welcome home and enjoy your night.

No Chipper DD.:D But having a beer or two on the sly.:D Dinner was done by the time I got back as it was a surprise visit. I brought a Chinese takeaway home with me.:eek: Getting breakfast cooked for me in the morning apparently! Afternoon flight tomorrow.

I think I rambled in on a bad night.

Peace and good wishes to those that need it. Best of luck too and chat sometime soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mind yourself G, hope you continue to get on well, enjoy the beers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod wrote: »

Peace and good wishes to those that need it. Best of luck too and chat sometime soon.

:/ but.... you won't be back for awhile

sigh :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

<<SNIP at quoted posters request>>

G, glad to hear London’s treating you well, enjoy the visit home!

I’m on the couch watching MOTD, getting too used to having weekends off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No you didn't , great that you got an impromptu trip home !
    Hope you're settling in ok and getting used to big city lights again , enjoy every moment G :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I’m on the couch watching MOTD, getting too used to having weekends off :pac:

Seen the football... Watching Joe Brolly on the Tommy Tiernan show. I'm mixing drinks...

Sitting on my bed frozen !

Eleysian wrote: »
    I am now looking forward to a nice cup of Barry’s and some toast.

*Peeks head in*

Did someone mention Barry's tea ?🤔

*looks in E's direction* 😏

<<SNIP at quoted poster request>>

*bro hugs*

Seen the football... Watching Joe Brolly on the Tommy Tiernan show. I'm mixing drinks...

That rarely ends well in my experience Harry! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I was handed a Captain Morgan and Fanta. Would have been rude to refuse it like :D

Heading to bed now.

Goodnight to all, hugs to those that need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    That rarely ends well in my experience Harry! :pac:

Depends on the drinks kitty, mint juleps paired with bottles of Guinness is what I'm at. I've form with these two and they work well. It's like an old man's red bull and vodka. The whiskey makes the dog bark but the warm Guinness keeps you from barking a little too loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's freezing out tonight - Deskside before bed after letting the dogs out (and back in again with frost on their heckles) - I have been miserable most of the week with some form of flu - which can't be the worst flu because I had the vaccine - I've had to resort to a hot whiskey tonight - Sleep well all who need it.

Night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Eyes watering after being outside, ice ice baby!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Good to hear from you Grande, enjoy your trip home and don't be long before we hear from again. Glad things are good.
    That was a tough experience for you today Guy, heart wrenching post. Keep your head up lad.
    Going to bed. Keep safe out there everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A few drinks in the local village pub between 5 and 8, home since 8 15 drinking tay and working on a few writing projects, bed eminently

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Bedside, watching You on Netflix yet again. Back to work tomorrow and dreading it, really hoping the potential new job thing works out so I can hand in my notice to my current job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

McGregor fight lasted 40 seconds :)

After lots of changes, this has turned into a workday for me.

I'm still laughing, i don't know what else people were expecting really..

It's going to be a pretty morning here, fairly hard frost, mostly clear.

• Advertisement

Gorgeous morning here also,thick frost and fog,a complete whiteout..had a coffee ,back in the leaba with the dressing gown on,its cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Since insomnia is my thing, I switched on the McGregor fight....
    reminds me of my sexual performance... quick cuddle, 40 seconds of furious action....and done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning All!
    Smiling here at Panda's post.

Bear with a sore head this morning. To make matters worse, I've run out of milk. There's a field of cows beside my house ... will someone go and milk a cow for me please?

I'll go milk cows, it's been yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrsssss since i handmilked a cow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying in bed listening to an absolute ruckus in the attic I’ve no idea what’s going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll go milk cows, it's been yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrsssss since i handmilked a cow

Just make sure it is a cow.

That is a summer I won't forget. :pac:

Bedside with a cuppa, watching MOTD

Another fab frosty morning :)
    Shoes..... Scary, don't go up!

Guy, I'm so sorry to read your post, I have had a lot of experience with victims. You have survived & got through it. Now maybe is the time you can start to take beck the power, there are many ways to do this, it is up to you now. The next time you see him, hopefully he won't affect you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In a taxi trying to go pay my be tab from last night. Card machine was broken last night and I didn't have enough cash so dropping it in now. Then home to shower and get ready to go to a cocktail tasting for "work" before hitting my usual Healy Mac's Irish pub to watch the football.

Just had lunch at pizza hut and it never fails to crack me up how this country just don't get the concept of appetizers. I got mine when had about 2 bites of pizza left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside after a long walk, lovely walking weather out there. Thanks for the kind words everybody, it's fair to say I have regrets about posting that last night. Anonymous as this all is I never planned on revealing that about myself but what's done is done. I had planned on today being a very lazy day but after yesterday I am changing that to an occupy my mind day. I had the walk, did my pilates/foam roller, I'm about to make my lunches for the week, I'll clean the apartment and will be meeting a fellow Boardsie for coffee and possible shopping.

Ye are good people here, no doubt in my mind about that and sorry to Grandeeod for dampening your coming home party. :P

I hope everyone has a good day today. Get outside, it's lovely out there. :)

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ye are good people here, no doubt in my mind about that and sorry to Grandeeod for dampening your coming home party. :P

I hope everyone has a good day today. Get outside, it's lovely out there. :)

You didn't dampen anything Guy. The last thing you needed was me on a buzz here. Take care of yourself.

Fried eggs and crispy bacon coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sliding my plate, sunny side up for me Grandeeod!

Gorgeous morning, morning all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

I'm still hoarse and throat seems to be getting worse so I'm staying in bed for another while longer and if someone would like to bring me breakfast that would be great :D;)

Laying in bed listening to an absolute ruckus in the attic I’ve no idea what’s going on

Magpies? Incredibly clumpy stomping on our roof some mornings, I swear they wear little hobnail boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Birrr is a cold one lads !
    Dunno what to do the boilers just broke ?????? Is so cold like but have no money for expensive repairs god lovely for a Sunday morning:(
    Ok rant overtime for a walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Fried eggs and crispy bacon coming up.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Sliding my plate, sunny side up for me Grandeeod!

I've got the coffee brewing...

giphy.gif

Morning wheries :) have good one!

• Advertisement

Deskside with the sweet stuff hooked to my veins.

Go up and have a look sure......what's the worse that could happen?.......

SingleHugeIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

:pac:

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

I'm still hoarse and throat seems to be getting worse so I'm staying in bed for another while longer and if someone would like to bring me breakfast that would be great :D;)

Fecking brilliiant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Skybirdjb wrote:
    Birrr is a cold one lads ! Dunno what to do the boilers just broke ?????? Is so cold like but have no money for expensive repairs god lovely for a Sunday morning Ok rant overtime for a walk

Have you checked anything out on the boiler yet skybird?

I second Ghosteen, great resources on boards, maybe we can help..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Have you checked anything out on the boiler yet skybird?

It’s dripping water from a pipe underneath 🙈 afraid to turn it on now ????

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    It’s dripping water from a pipe underneath 🙈 afraid to turn it on now ????

Get yourself over to the plumbing forum asap missy!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement