Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I was thinking something else, maybe even fleas, we had them one night too.

Possibly Demodex folliculorum, but they are in your eyelashes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I dropped my phone while lying down and it smacked me in the mouth.
    My top lip is now quite swollen and sore, but it’s making me consider fillers.

I’m currently admiring my temporary trout pout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You're a dark horse Srameen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I dropped my phone while lying down and it smacked me in the mouth.
    My top lip is now quite swollen and sore, but it’s making me consider fillers.

Did you crack the screen on your phone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pics or gtfo :3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

You're a dark horse Srameen!
    I thought his name is Seamen now?

Homeside again. I feel like all I ever post these days are "confession" type posts so I'm going to ease up on that after this. It's been such a mad few months for me. Yes I have had counselling in the past over the stuff I posted about last night, I've put a lot of time, effort and money into getting over and moving on from it and mostly it has worked, it was just a shock to see him out of the blue like that. I wish I didn't turn and run like a child, I always thought if I saw him again I would face him like an adult but that's not what happened. I can't change that now. I'll deal with it, improve on it and move on.

I had a very nice time meeting up with a Boardsie today for food and shopping. She's pure sound and funny as fook.

As for the rest of you all I can say is that you're all pure filth, each and every one of you.... except Bishop of course. I think Autosport is the worst of the lot, total dirtbird so she is and I love it :D

RMAOK wrote: »
    What's an innuendo? confused.png
    Inyourendo. I'd double her entendre, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You don’t owe him a face to face confrontation, you don’t have anything to prove to yourself either. You’re a survivor and a fighter and that’s the most important thing! And you can of course post as many confessions as you like.

My confession is I’m drinking wine, again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled out in front of the telly with Escape to the Chateau...one of the few things I like watching, on.

Was livid earlier as I stripped the bed the spare room only to find that a guest/friend who was over for a night last week left a great big stain on my new mattress. Grrr!! :mad:

Work in the morning so I’ll be in bed by midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Chilled out in front of the telly with Escape to the Chateau...one of the few things I like watching, on.

Was livid earlier as I stripped the bed the spare room only to find that a guest/friend who was over for a night last week left a great big stain on my new mattress. Grrr!! :mad:

Jupiter, I love that programme! Couple are very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter i'm raging and disgusted in equal measure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Work in the morning so I’ll be in bed by midnight.

Gross! send them on the cleaning bill!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gross! send them on the cleaning bill!

And ban them from your house

And ban them from your house

Well, I certainly won’t have them stay over ever again. Lesson learned...

Actually I think it might be tea spilled as it was also on the fitted sheets when I went to strip the bed earlier this evening. They took a cuppa to bed with them on Wed night when they were over.

Obviously too embarrassed to tell me!

Hitting the hay.
    Would any Wherer please sub for me in Junior Infants tomorrow?
    (Just realised that I asked ye this morning to milk a cow for me ... I'm a demanding Bumbóg)

Night! Night!
    Codladh Sámh!

honeybear wrote: »
    Hitting the hay.
    Would any Wherer please sub for me in Junior Infants tomorrow?
    (Just realised that I asked ye this morning to milk a cow for me ... I'm a demanding Bumbóg)

Night! Night!
    Codladh Sámh!

I had a junior infant here today, it's such a lovely age group ,I got a drawing of a house with loads of details, clouds,the sun,people in the garden, smoke from the chimney ,a ladder against the outside wall,they really are so interested and interesting,not sure I'd be able for a classroom of them every day but I can think of worse jobs...the parents on the other hand would be my downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Well, I certainly won’t have them stay over ever again. Lesson learned...

Actually I think it might be tea spilled as it was also on the fitted sheets when I went to strip the bed earlier this evening. They took a cuppa to bed with them on Wed night when they were over.

Obviously too embarrassed to tell me!

Thank god you said tea.
    I was having impure imaginings!

To thine own self be true

Hahaha i also jumped to bad conclusions

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Aha, it is time to plot world domination again. I mean g'night Seph :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Could someone please squish my hands and forearms.
    I don't care if you sit, stand, lie on, or roll something repeatedly over them. Just need pressure on them. Restless hands. I might get up and try cold water.

• Advertisement

Could someone please squish my hands and forearms.
    I don't care if you sit, stand, lie on, or roll something repeatedly over them. Just need pressure on them. Restless hands. I might get up and try cold water.

I gotcha, you get this often?

I gotcha, you get this often?

Maybe every few months. It comes in streaks of a week or so at a time. This time it could be from drinking a lot of coffee.

Well cold water or if you have a ball, like a tennis ball and roll it on a table in circles with the palm of your hand that helps too. Physio gave me that exercise once..

Thank you :)

No worries, hope it helps you.

I might be good for glue,
    But i've remedies out the wazoo!

:pac: :o

Looking at my photos and found a babygoth one. Aw I was cute in a "I'll rip your heart out" kind of way.

I've worked out how to post photos :D

How i think most people feel about today. https://old.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/eqwpc0/vacuum_chicken/

Aha, it is time to plot world domination again.

Narf!

Bedside with a cupan Tae with honey , my throat is sore ☹️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Holy s**t - deskside, now that is a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Chomping at the bit here. God I love Mondays.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone :)

Deskside... ugh, I hate Monday mornings...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work think I may go home I’ve a lump under my arm that was totally pain free but I thought it was an ingrown hair so got at it with a scissors and a tweezers but it was just a lump, now it’s a sore lump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Guy I'm honoured that you think I'm the worst out of this group :D I'll wear my crown with pride :D

I'm taking a sick day today as my voice is just about gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

It's another clear frosty one -2C

Kitchen/porridge/coffee/toast/

The salt mines await my dazzling input :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Deskside after a topsy turvy night thinking about my 2 little kittens and whether they have their mittens on this frosty morning. Friend sent a photo of her kiddies greeting them last night in their new home. You would think having grown up on a farm, that I would, to a certain extent be used to saying farewell to pets but I think I'm getting worse! Even Marty on Lyric couldn't cheer me up on the drive to work. I probably should have posted in the TA forum but ye know my ramblings by now and get me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning all,

It's another clear frosty one -2C

Kitchen/porridge/coffee/toast/

The salt mines await my dazzling input :D

I'm going to dazzle from the comfort of home.

Working from home.

Porridge & tea for now.

Sky Sports News may be on in the background.

Work.
    I'm a chauffeur today, so totally at the whim of someone else for the day....

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Guy I'm honoured that you think I'm the worst out of this group :D I'll wear my crown with pride :D

I'm taking a sick day today as my voice is just about gone :(

I have a halo so from guys post.
    I'm just up, slept it, phone buzzing to know where I am, I havent answered it, the can feck off till.......
    I get my ducks in a row, was trying to post a pic, but it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Morning lords and ladies
    Pleased to report all plumbing issues have been resolved and all is ok this morning
    Have meeting in work today anxiety through the roof :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm going to dazzle from the comfort of home.

Working from home.

I could work from home many days but my employer wouldn't pick up the tab for power light and heating...only 5 mins from work anyway

Seven Worlds will Collide

Wondering could I keep walking around and around today until the end of the working day?

Also salivating at the thought of a takeaway this evening.

Just home, fistful of meds and a pint of water then bed. Pain-be-gone formula fingers crossed

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Morning lords and ladies
    Pleased to report all plumbing issues have been resolved and all is ok this morning
    Have meeting in work today anxiety through the roof :(
    Sorry Skybird. Is it a "bad" meeting? Like disciplinary in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Guy Person wrote: »
    Sorry Skybird. Is it a "bad" meeting? Like disciplinary in some way?

It’s a long absence meeting guy :( I’m doing everything I can to get my illness under control but still have to have these meetings. They seem to cause me massive anxiety tho

• Advertisement

It’s a long absence meeting guy :( I’m doing everything I can to get my illness under control but still have to have these meetings. They seem to cause me massive anxiety tho
    Ah I'm sorry Sky. Is there anything you can do now before the meeting that will help? Medication? Meditation? Exercise? I know it's cold outside but a brisk walk always helps me when I'm like that. Or watch some funny videos on YouTube, a good laugh helps to calm me down too.

Good luck Skybird, I hope it goes ok for you. Let us know how it goes.

I had a bit of a scolding myself today when I eventually got in, he stopped a bit when my gills started to turn a bit redder, he knew "stick it" somewhere was coming.
    I do my work on my terms anymore, but I know most can't probably.
    I had years of anxiety when my kids were younger and things were tight, hope it all works out for you Sb.

@Skybirdjib - I've been there myself in 2009/10, when my boss at the time in work was bullying me relentlessly, I had a complete mental and emotional breakdown and went on long-term sick leave until I finally signed off and left the place.

I also had to have HR/Company Doctor meetings, and was very very anxious before these. They always went fine and I was certified an extra period on sick leave, as my depression and anxiety at the time were very obvious to anyone. I barely left my apartment at this time such was my anxiety.

Hope all goes well, Sky! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Workside with a coffee.
    Skybird, you'll be grand and the key is not to overthink these things as they usually end up a lot better than expected.
    Have a good day one and all:)

Listening to Bryan Adams. Life is good, the sun is warming my back as I work (or maggot act on boards).

Sky : all guns blazing. You are in the right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement