Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Safe journey Duvet :)

Happy Saturday everyone :)

Heading to the coalface

Doorside, waiting for my friend,wrapped up in layers and its fecking roasting, this bloody weather. 🙄

Dressing gown still in the case..my friend will murder me lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch......was great going to bed early last night....downside is that I'm wide awake early this morning.....chanced my arm but was kindly told not a chance ...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I hope you enjoy the jaunt Duvet. For what it's worth I think you're right to bring the dressing gown, you don't want to be cold on your holiday. My only concern is it takes up room so you may not be able to fit all the stuff that your going to buy us into your luggage. It sounds like one or two people here need new halos due to overpolishing. And poor Gifted needs a new pair of furry dice as his old pair don't appear to be impressing his other half anymore. :pac:

Bedside, a lazy day awaits but I'm going out for a few drinks tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

To be fair to her it was 5 in the morning and I did wake her lol lol.......so after been "kindly" told not a chance I took my furry dice to the couch........now talking to the dog lol lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sneezing fit, I do keep telling everyone that I am allergic to work....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Happy Morning all..Eating porridge in bed, long run ahead, and I'm so happy I cant wait. This time yesterday I was getting an angiogram in Galway clinic, of the other three men, all in their 60's, who were with me, two need stents and the other needed bypass surgery immediately, they were all lovely men, hope all goes well for them..

East Clare roads here I come, stand back !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

新年快乐

Welcome to the year of the RAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning All!
    Was out early blowing away the cobwebs with a long chatty walk with my sister. It's really cute to see her so excited about the arrival of her baby. Having a coffee before heading out to my nieces soccer match. Must remember to stand a bit away from their Mum - she gets really excited & vocal at these games. Have a great Saturday, lovely Wherers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Woke up feeling a bit meh...my body seems to know its Saturday after a work week..and just shuts down..ah the beauty of old age ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I've had my my breakfast, now what to do?
    I have a choice, garden tidy up or shopping with Mrs, as its a nice looking morning I pick the garden.
    I know how you feel both panda and honeybear.
    My Mrs was the worst ever spectator when our childs were playing football, I used to pretend she wasnt mine at the soccer.

Now eating Dumplings (for wealth) noodles (for long life) and sauce (for happiness)..... whoever knew that there were such meanings to food :)

The year of the rat says Smurf. Noooo Chinese for me this year.
    But happy new year to all my Chinese friends, I have a few yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning all from a very misty London.
    Hotel room side having a little nap after a busy day yesterday and a few scoops last night.

Found out my brother and his partner are expecting a girl, first one in our family since me!! Can’t wait, they’d better get used to pink and glitter :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee number two, using the Italian beans now, there definitely stronger, I can feel it in my veins 🤪🤪
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Morning all from a very misty London.
    Hotel room side having a little nap after a busy day yesterday and a few scoops last night.

Found out my brother and his partner are expecting a girl, first one in our family since me!! Can’t wait, they’d better get used to pink and glitter :pac:

Congrats poochie, my sister is expecting a girl too in April :3

Booked in to fab hotel,first time not booking somewhere in advance and it worked out great.In Wetherspoons for brekkie,will have a drink next and then shop shop shop.Have a good one lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Booked in to fab hotel,first time not booking somewhere in advance and it worked out great.In Wetherspoons for brekkie,will have a drink next and then shop shop shop.Have a good one lads.

Bring us back something nice :3!

Bring us back something nice :3!

Furry dice for all the lads.😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Was it one with the two side brushes and one top brush, or was it a conveyer system with lots of brushes?

It was neither, washed by a man with a soft cloth/brush thing.

Armchair side for now, stomach is a little bit dodgy after last night. Would really rather not go to work at 11 but has to be done I suppose :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from a parkrun (parkrun.ie), a 5km timed run.

Just had breakfast, I'll nap shortly (hopefully) before a nice swim.. Although I might leave the swim until tomorrow, I'm 50/50 on it.. A hike over Howth summit looks enticing too.. Dammit I'm so indecisive today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside - feeling a little less than fully operational :)

Off to visit a new bar and lounge, draft beer beckons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting in semi darkness watching fireworks all over the city. Our buildings electricity gas been off for an hour now. Just had a cold shower to cool down coz no air-conditioning working and it is 28°.

Edit: Electric came back on as I posted whooohooo.

A very tidy garden out there now, popping in and out, had tea, coffee, cardboard cakes and playtime with the dogs as well, I'm superman when I get going.
    Feet up now for an hour, Mrs is bringing home a cooked lunch for me, I deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Home, cooking breakfast burgers and cajun sausages from brilliant local butcher. Gotta charge myself up before an adventure tomorrow :)
    Is there something in the air though? Things falling off shelves, dogs crashing around barking like idiots, cat fights, gas cooker keeps going out and a bearing's just gone in my washing machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fireside, somewhere near Auto-land.

This is a first for this part of the world, draft cold beer, albeit non-alcoholic :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In bed, vegging, on my iPad.

A do sweet FA day for me. Will get up shortly and vacuum the living room and kitchen and then throw on a coloureds wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »

A do sweet FA day for me. Will get up shortly and vacuum the living room and kitchen and then throw on a coloureds wash.

That's racist, Ted :D

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, waiting around for a lift back to folks house, I'm getting tired now, I think I'll sleep well tonight :D

• Advertisement

Homeside finally finished work :) Have a great evening all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's racist, Ted :D

Don't be dragging me into JK's laundry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Back home after a long day, fire lit..thee may be a dirty takeaway and a glass of wine on the horizon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , Reasonable Doubt on I.D. on in the background , good series if anyone's interested in True Crime . It's fecking cold this evening , or else what's running through my veins is caffeine not blood ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JupiterKid wrote: »

I like those days once in awhile, esp if they've followed a really good nights sleep and you just don't want to get up.

Well I overslept my afternoon nap, took the dogs out for a short walk and just getting ready for my Kindle & Beers night in the local, bet you can't wait for my Saturday night facebook 'Kindle & beers' photo lol

Tonight its Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes 'A Study in Scarlet' & Guinness :D

Had a walk earlier, back home then and just a sandwich for tea today.
    Watching the Dublin Kerry match, it's a cracking game so far. Mrs and I will just put up the feet tonight.

Hello darkness my old friend ..

Apt song for here tonight .

ETA ,

Disturbed's version of the song is absolutely brilliant imo , worth a listen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Agreed Mam! I think Duvet and Poochie took loads more Wherers with them! I hope they are all enjoying themselves anyway.
    Homeside with the few jars in me and doing a wee bit of online gambling.

Enjoy Guy , hope you win !

Aye , they're all up to shenanigans and divilment somewhere , lucky feckers :p

No devilment here!
    At work.... Roll on 8am

• Advertisement

No shenanigans here either, won €40 at the bingo :) living the high life here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lost implants

Coffee and a sausage roll, listening to Sherlock Holmes on Audible.

Hope your journey into middle age is going better than mine.

Please share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Lying on my back in a high dependency ward after life saving emergency surgery. Haven't had liquid or food past my lips in 5 days. That's what middle age looks like to me, can we swap ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What time do delivery companies stop delivering from Burger King, Dublin area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just back home after sitting up with the auld fella, who’s on his way out any day now.

Holmes and sausage rolls please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

D3V!L wrote: »
    Lying on my back in a high dependency ward after life saving emergency surgery. Haven't had liquid or food past my lips in 5 days. That's what middle age looks like to me, can we swap ?

Good jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

watching last witch hunter here saw tommy teirnan show thought twas reay good too

You're not getting me sausage roll though, I have it half ate!

Good luck to you though, hope the worst is behind you

endacl wrote: »
    Just back home after sitting up with the auld fella, who’s on his way out any day now.

Holmes and sausage rolls please.

Sorry to hear that my friend.

You're not tasting my sausage though.

• Advertisement

You are on a drip! You will be grand. Your life was saved. Be thankful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement