Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Unfortunately Leggy with men of gifteds 'vintage' 10 minutes is a lifetime...sorry to be the bearer of bad news girl.

Shrugs shoulders and heads to the bar lol lol.....gin is it Duvet? Lol lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anewme wrote: »
    to tell the tale.

That's because you were drinking the tea of the gods, If you had been drinking that other watery muck, well god only knows what would have happened :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hitting the hay.
    Night lovely Wherers.
    Codladh Sámh!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside at home, TV on at the end of a pretty quiet and chilled weekend. Did very little and I’m good with that - caught up on a lot of sleep which must have been needed.

Work tomorrow - so off to the leaba in about an hour. Hope yis all had a good weekend and here’s to the week ahead. :)

Had some lovely red wine :)
    Supposed to be on a diet but was working nights last 2 nights & will be working nights 2moro night, so felt like treating myself!
    Too nice.......!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Bedside - happy I own a travel kettle :) but also naive to the kettle shenanagins - just as well I'm a Lyons tea drinker ‹•.•›

I'm waiting for snow up here - it's forecast - it would be nice to wake up to a white blanket, it freshens up the place.

Night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Pretzill wrote:
    I'm waiting for snow up here - it's forecast - it would be nice to wake up to a white blanket, it freshens up the place.

Let it go....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pretzill wrote: »
    just as well I'm a Lyons tea drinker ‹•.•›

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nothing but Lyons in this house too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This is Seph right now :D

Night all my lovelies :)

• Advertisement

Nothing but Lyons in this house too.

Deskside adding gremmy to the list :-P :pac:
    Autosport wrote: »
    This is Seph right now :D

Night all my lovelies :)

The camera's don't lie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Night seph :) feel better!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Night seph :) feel better!

I'm still deskside boo boo :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to silence , the Gritters done the road about forty minutes ago . Stay safe in the morning folks .

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

bubblypop wrote: »
    God, I loved Vietnam!
    There talk of returning this year........

Where do you recommend? I have a one way flight to Go Chi Minh and a hotel booked for a week. After that....

Trying to work but still feel like crap.

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

Heading to the coalface

Great pic Auto!

Morning All!
    In bed, debating getting up and which side twinkletoes are leaving from. Googled this conundrum and apparently, in Roman times it was bad luck to get out of the left side ... cue HB having to change her default mode from now on. Have a lucky and honeybearable Monday Wherers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

And NEVER drink anything that has been in a kettle in a hotel room
    Now you know why I love a Nespresso machine in a hotel room )

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if Smurf will take fright when he see this.
    With 20 nights spent in a hotel this month alone, I'm kinda used to them :) But I think that I'm gonna buy my own kettle :) I'm way too scared to even consider getting an UV light.

Wide awake and feeling great,ready to shopping again this is all going to catch up as I have slept very little over the weekend, tomorrow morning is going to be a nightmare I just know it..shower soon,then brekkie and then retail therapy, send funds.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

At the coalface, roads were fine on the commute into work in Limerick city, bitterly cold though and as dark as night still, have a good day all

@DD, which part of London are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

A clear morning here but cold 1C

Kitchen with the usual, the salt mines beckon.

Wrap up and have a good one folks

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just up, coffee and porridge on the go.
    Great weekend, catching up with my friend, chilling around Kensington
    Back to the coal face this morning, but moving in that direction very slowly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at work, just got in about 10 mins ago. Bright eyed and...prepared for another Monday morning.

Just checked my work email - 10 messages to be dealt with already!

smurfjed wrote: »
    @DD, which part of London are you in?

I'm not in London smurf..I'm in Liverpool having breakfast. Tempted to have a pint, everyone else seems to be having one,I think I will as this time tomorrow I'll be bawling at my desk. 😥

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

All I'm seeing online the last while is reports of accidents and road closures associated with said accidents in the west, hope you guys are all safe..

Deskside with porridge, only used a bit of honey because I'm sweet enough already 😛🐱

Deskside with porridge, only used a bit of honey because I'm sweet enough already 😛🐱

Lunchtime with a headache ... I need something stronger than honey atm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, heading back to apartment soon :)

I'll never look at a hotel kettle in the same way again :eek:

Witchie wrote: »
    Where do you recommend? I have a one way flight to Go Chi Minh and a hotel booked for a week. After that....

Trying to work but still feel like crap.

well, Ho Chi Ming is much the same as any big asian city, probably similar to KL
    but, I loved Hanoi, very different feeling city.
    also Hoi An, lovely lovely town.
    I wasn't a big fan of some of the seaside resorts, Nha Trang, it was ok but a LOT of Russians holiday there, just a funny feeling there, I found anyway.
    I didn't travel to the north, which is where I would like to go the next time, near the China border.
    Oh, I'm jealous:)

Desksofaside watching Sabrina and putting together a workshop that have to deliver online to the writers I edit and mentor. It's my first one so am nervous.

Good luck Witchie :)

I'm now breakside making plans for date night :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    well, Ho Chi Ming is much the same as any big asian city, probably similar to KL
    but, I loved Hanoi, very different feeling city.
    also Hoi An, lovely lovely town.
    I wasn't a big fan of some of the seaside resorts, Nha Trang, it was ok but a LOT of Russians holiday there, just a funny feeling there, I found anyway.
    I didn't travel to the north, which is where I would like to go the next time, near the China border.
    Oh, I'm jealous:)

Had originally booked a studio apartment in Hoi An for 2 weeks but had an issue with Airbnb so it was cancelled. My sister came to Vietnam from China so stayed up there for a while and loved it. She stayed on Cat Ba island and said it was fab so might head up there.

oh yeah, Cat Ba island, fabulous, Halong Bay is beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside feeling nauseous. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather be in work.

I must check the kettle ...

Autosport wrote: »
    Good luck Witchie :)

I'm now breakside making plans for date night :)

Thanks but luckily don't have to present it until probably Friday.

Didn't give in to temptation at brekkie so lunch and a pint now..we had to buy a bigger suitcase in Sports Direct..I'll say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Deskside - working on a project with a deadline looming over me like those dark clouds out west. Snow on the hills around me but not much settled on the grass here just a dusting, it's cold though brrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Train home. Gagging for coffee. I drank about ten cups in the past 36 hours. Had my photo taken by a French photographer in Shop St. in Galway. My friend thought it condescending, the equivalent of asking a frenchman in a beret to pose for a 'quintessentially French' photo in Paris.

Saw a few odd eccentrics on Shop St too. I'd have been disappointed if Galway hadn't been strange.

Train home. Gagging for coffee. I drank about ten cups in the past 36 hours. Had my photo taken by a French photographer in Shop St. in Galway. My friend thought it condescending, the equivalent of asking a frenchman in a beret to pose for a 'quintessentially French' photo in Paris.

Saw a few odd eccentrics on Shop St too. I'd have been disappointed if Galway hadn't been strange.

If one was limping, dressed in black and superbly grumpy looking it was me..

In my car having a coffee. Delighted with life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Migraine...went home...now in bed with curtains drawn

If one was limping, dressed in black and superbly grumpy looking it was me..

She was dressed in black, colourful headscarf, swarthy (in the pirate sense. Ithink she had a gold tooth and looked like she'd have a cutlass) 4ft tall and about as wide and didn't speak English. Looked like a Matryoska doll.
    He was in his 60s, grey hair in a top knot, wearing a fur coat in a silver leopard pattern and possibly nothing under it.

I think they were after my walletb:/ it was a strange encounter

Either of them...? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Home at the range, getting dinner started for us, I'm doing braised steak with chopped veg and mashed potato, because I love her and want her to be able to put her feet up when she comes in after her labours.
    We had snow earlier, gone now and it's raining, it would have been more romantic if there was snow.

I want my own Bishop of Hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well Widders with me cooking you'd need hope, especially as I turned on TV and Austin powers goldmenber was on.
    It's just too funny to have on when you're cooking, but it's ready now anyway, just waiting for herself.

You need to ask your fiance to cook for you :)

I'm a terrible cook. Just terrible. I am thinking of investing in nice pots as an incentive to improve.

In bed because the house is an ice box.

• Advertisement

You should get yourself a sephers of hope 😏

🤭

Kitchenside cooking dinner, was running around with my favorite biyeen all day 😃 .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement