Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Loughc wrote: »
    I haven’t posted in here in a while but I heard someone mention cake.

It's not Christmas cake anyways......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the Berkeley Library of Trinity, researching material for a draft paper I am working on.

Been a fortnight of being super busy - looking forward to chilling out at the weekend...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed (where else) deep in thought again

Loughc wrote: »
    I haven’t posted in here in a while but I heard someone mention cake.

Very convenient that you turn up when cake is mentioned............

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Evening all.
    Was at my friends funeral today. Twas bitter outside today.

So home now, in a new pair of PJs, having chicken soup and a toasted cheesie. Having a cuppa also but the earlier mention of chocolate cake has me feeling Mmmm...

Wishing good things for people here....

Autosport wrote: »
    Someone mention cake :) I like cake

Couchside thinking of cake

The power of suggestion with that picture Auto. You have me salivating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

That rain is certainly something else. Glad I'm home and in a comfy chair, especially after this day and its little icy surprise in the morning. I really wish I could get a video of that slip outside my door. Judging by how my knee looks, it must have been pretty entertaining... :rolleyes:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

RMAOK wrote: »
    It's not Christmas cake anyways......

Oooh sick burn :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Things are getting a bit tense in here. C'mon lads, let's all agree to disagree and move on. Here is a video of the world's smallest cat for us all to look at melt with the cuteness. I mean look at him!! Awwww such a cutey wutey little thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You want cuteness :)

Ted and Seph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You swore you deleted that image Auto.

Deskside, watching some Netflix

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grem is discombobulated but has pizza

Bedside. About to read an actual book, first time in weeks. Hope I still remember how.

But first, chocolate cake, pizza and feel better kittens. Best thread EVER :)

Also, wondering how adorable the world's smallest cat's kittens would be... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Bedside. About to read an actual book, first time in weeks. Hope I still remember how.

But first, chocolate cake, pizza

*slides plate over*

I'll have some of each please.........

:pac:

Autosport wrote: »
    You want cuteness :)

Ted and Seph

Love this!

*smiles*

He has to bring it in to prove he did it.

All the work, none of the reward :(

I’m about to clean the kitchen.

Again.
    Just finished baking a chocolate cake with my son for his homework.

I’ve to clean up after it now :(

Sure give it to us and we'll ehhh......taste test it for your son, just to ehhh, make sure its not poisonous, ya that's it >_>

and then you can clean up again....it'll be no bother to ya :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the rain beating out of it here for the last few hours , having soup and a multi seeded brown roll now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Listening to the rain beating out of it here for the last few hours , having soup and a multi seeded brown roll now .

It's lashing rain.up here too, I just polished off a homemade cheese scone and a cuppa - watching 90 Day Fiancee with Mr P and a roaring fire. Sounds wild outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Having some mini duck spring rolls with chili sauce. Listening to the rain absolutely bucketing down. Heading bedside soon.

Bedside,6.30am alarm in the morning, ate all round me again today ,it has to be weather related surely I'm not that much of a savage.

Dont know what's wrong with me in general at the moment as nothing is interesting me,even when I'm watching tv I'm not even concentrating on it,cant be arsed watching my recordings or Netflix, dont want to read a book, don't want to meet up with friends, don't even want to go out for a walk. I'm not in bad form, no black dog tf but totally apathetic. My parents have more mojo and life in them than me atm.wtf.

Bedside,6.30am alarm in the morning, ate all round me again today ,it has to be weather related surely I'm not that much of a savage.

Dont know what's wrong with me in general at the moment as nothing is interesting me,even when I'm watching tv I'm not even concentrating on it,cant be arsed watching my recordings or Netflix, dont want to read a book, don't want to meet up with friends, don't even want to go out for a walk. I'm not in bad form, no black dog tf but totally apathetic. My parents have more mojo and life in them than me atm.wtf.

*hugs*

Similar here, time of the year I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Things aren't good.... something got by me and I didn't notice...
    my niece who's in 6th year was admitted to A&E recently... suicidal...had been feeling that way for quite a while.....and I didn't see the any signs (she's standing to my daughter for her confirmation) ...she hid it well...
    until it was almost too late...
    Just reminds me very much of someone who used to be here with us and certain parallels scare me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Similar here, time of the year I think.

Ye're two of the good ones on this. Life is full of ups and downs and roundabouts isn't it? Hope ye're on the upswing soon.

Can someone unglitch this page ,

Eta ,
    Unglitched .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Things aren't good.... something got by me and I didn't notice...
    my niece who's in 6th year was admitted to A&E recently... suicidal...had been feeling that way for quite a while.....and I didn't see the any signs (she's standing to my daughter for her confirmation) ...she hid it well...
    until it was almost too late...
    Just reminds me very much of someone who used to be here with us and certain parallels scare me...

Panda, don't beat yourself up. You are there now for your niece and now it's on your radar you can keep an eye on her and be there for her.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, dealing with some mix of sciatic/period pain (albeit not well), most uncomfortable. First day back at college today after being sick, and had a late surge of motivation for the thesis when I got home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Aero, #4557 is absolutely adorable.

Morning all, the whole household is up at this uncivilised hour, missus is heading to Jakarta for the weekend, I'm off to my other base for a week and the mutt is just awake so that he can ignore us for leaving him. Happy days :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning All!
    On catch up with my favourite thread.
    Woke up on Monday morning with a humdinger of a cold. Every day this week has taken the following path: wake up, go to work, go to bed. I've never eaten so little and ached so much. I've missed the musings from ye lovely Wherers ... a speedy glance at recent posts makes me realise how trivial my cold is. Thinking of all going through tough times. I'd offer a honeybear hug but given my contagious state ... anyone would run a mile from honeybear atm! Going off now to gather some more honey for a very sore throat, a challenge for a bear with no sense of smell.

A husky honeybear wishing all Wherers a huggy day x

Ah feel better soon Honeybear.
    Hugs right back at ya!

• Advertisement

Hope you are feeling better today Kitty.
    You have been amazing the way you have kept the momentum going with your thesis.

Agh I hate sitting on planes beside people who are coughing like crazy.

Bedside with Tae and toast , awake a while

honeybear wrote: »
    Morning All!
    On catch up with my favourite thread.
    Woke up on Monday morning with a humdinger of a cold. Every day this week has taken the following path: wake up, go to work, go to bed. I've never eaten so little and ached so much. I've missed the musings from ye lovely Wherers ... a speedy glance at recent posts makes me realise how trivial my cold is. Thinking of all going through tough times. I'd offer a honeybear hug but given my contagious state ... anyone would run a mile from honeybear atm! Going off now to gather some more honey for a very sore throat, a challenge for a bear with no sense of smell.

A husky honeybear wishing all Wherers a huggy day x

Ahhh poor honeybear ☹️ I was wondering where you were🤔...what will do without your sense of smell ☹️ I have a spare honey jar if you want it 😃. Tea ( Barry's tea now I mean 😛😃 ) with honey with sort you right out 😃

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Ye're two of the good ones on this. .

oh-stop-it-you-oh-stop-it-you-continue-continle-52380550.png

😛

Sorry I couldn't resist 😃

:pac: I love that one. It's exactly what cats are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

You need a good hand dropping...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Absolutely Perfect morning here. This weather and atmosphere bring me right back to childhood summers first and then my favourite summers in recent years.
    They were all bar one set in Ireland. I still feel that thrill of promise in the air. I see no reason why I shouldn't live like I'm I'm in the Famous Five's world.
    Persepoly's post made me smile.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So this is what morning looks like.. Its bright, I'm blinking like an owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Deskside, trying to make important decisions such as:
    1. Should I agree to go on an online dating date for the first time ever? Kinda would like to but, urgh, effort.
    2. Should I brave the gale force winds and driving rain for the excellent hot chocolate from the coffee place down the road, or should I stay dry and get the inferior stuff here?

And, least important:
    3. Should I do some actual work whilst at this desk?

Life is hard.

Yes, yes and no.

• Advertisement

Coffee time , weird day out , hair cut feel so much better , that is all .

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    1. Should I agree to go on an online dating date for the first time ever? Kinda would like to but, urgh, effort.
    2. Should I brave the gale force winds and driving rain for the excellent hot chocolate from the coffee place down the road, or should I stay dry and get the inferior stuff here?

And, least important:

Life is hard.

Yes yes and no way jose!

Looking forward to later on picking up the wee one from the creche, bringing her shopping and then we're going to go and buy some walkie talkies. Hours of fun ahead. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭I says

bolgbui41 wrote: »

And, least important:

Life is hard.

In this order
    1) Get the ride.
    2)You won’t feel the wind after getting the hot chocolate.
    3) Zero fcuks given about work after all that.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Coffee time , weird day out , hair cut feel so much better , that is all .

Weird in what way Mam?
    I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and can not wait. We will look swish when we rock up to Seph’s for coffee and cake.

Deskside. Glad to be here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work and kinda wishing I was a pirate or something fun like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Eleysian wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better today Kitty.
    You have been amazing the way you have kept the momentum going with your thesis.

Thank you so much, it means a lot. I’m feeling motivated by the fact that I’m almost done now, there really isn’t a huge amount left that I have to do, seems weird to think that there’s actually and end in sight! Having said that, it is due in 3 weeks so I don’t exactly have time to let the grass grow under my feet :pac:

I love that idea then I think about the lack of a shower..

On my way back from the country after lunch with the ould pair, surprisingly enjoyable

You mean a bit of Yoho(ho) and some rum?! :pac: :pac:

Gotta love this company, flew from A-B today as a passenger, now they want me to passenger B-A tomorrow morning and continue to Switzerland, so a lovely weekend in Mr Pickwicks Basel beckons :)

Eleysian wrote: »
    Weird in what way Mam?
    I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and can not wait. We will look swish when we rock up to Seph’s for coffee and cake.

Deskside. Glad to be here

I just meant weather wise , sky was an odd colour , air very still , a day where you wouldn't know what it was going to do .
    Enjoy the hair cut and feeling good after it :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement