Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrambler bikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't think anyone actually wants these kids to die, but the types of people who buy their kids scramblers aren't exactly held in high regard or very endearing to civilised people, so go and take some deep breaths and realise you're reading a discussion forum on the internet.

That is exactly what more than one poster here said.
    No fuzziness. Actually wishing they kill themselves.
    Internet warrior scum.

I'm not new here. I know what goes on but this is a new low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Internet warrior scum.

It’s natural selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

https://youtu.be/K1Sre8iS1XU

Gardai need to take lead out of the British polices handbook. Ram the fcukers.,

Ram kids? No licence tax or insurance isnt a big deal to ram kids.

Tippsman wrote: »
    Ram kids? No licence tax or insurance isnt a big deal to ram kids.

Yes, ram kids. Only thing the feral rats will understand. Any medical costs to be looked after by the patents.

Yes, ram kids. Only thing the feral rats will understand. Any medical costs to be looked after by the patents.

That's idoic.

And any person who chooses to follow such an order deserve everything they get

What if the parent didn't buy the bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The estates on the south side of Limerick City have been reverberating to a veritable orchestra of scrambler engines over the last 20 minutes.

It was a tragic accident he was only kid on his motorbike !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

guyfo wrote: »
    Yes, but the propaganda I've head on the radio leading up to Xmas didn't mention that. Scramblers are bad, don't buy your kids one was the jist of it. Not only buy your kid a scrambler if you are willing to put in the effort, and weekends spent away at race tracks!

The radio stuff wasn't propaganada. Telling people something you don't want to hear isnt propaganda. There's s a 30 second piece from the head of spinal surgery in the Mater talking about the consequences of an accident on these scramblers. Paraplegia, tetraplegia, bladder and bowel issues. If you get one of these for your child for Christmas and let them out in the streets with it you're a terrible parent. I wouldn't let my child use one of these in a controlled environment either.

That's idoic.

And any person who chooses to follow such an order deserve everything they get

What if the parent didn't buy the bike?

If a minor is on a scrambler it’s the parents fault. It’s their job to raise a non scummer kid. No one else’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Internet warrior scum.

have some cheese with your Whine, these dirtbags are the children, brothers, nephews etc. of violent drug dealers, it all goes hand in hand, the intimidation, the violence, the fact that these children are learning from a very young age that the law simply does not apply to them.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/existence-of-policing-no-go-areas-denied-by-garda-1.4112532

criminal gangs are using anti-social behaviour to attempt to drive gardaí from communities.

It's all part and parcel of the general lawlessness that's become embedded in these areas.

I'm guessing you live in some leafy well policed suburb, good for you, and I mean that, I wouldn't want anyone to have to live in an area where drug dealers essentially mark their territory by riding up and down main roads and through housing estates all day, and bring up the next generation with them. Now call me an edgelord and an internet warrior, that will automatically make me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

As I said - if they were electric bikes and didn't make any noise, nobody would care. It's the noise that irks people more than anything else in my opinion.

Those electric scooters are able to do serious enough speeds. A belt of one of them wouldn't be much fun. But no one cares about them and they're seen as the future, because they're not annoying people on them.

Absolute pony.

It wasn't the noise of the bike that smashed that fellas head in last year while he was lying down enjoying the park with his wife. It was the weight and the unsupervised moron driving it.

Electric bikes are the same weight or heavier and frankly deadlier in those circumstances.

Waffles.
    .know your vehicles fella before you comment.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Absolute pony.

It wasn't the noise of the bike that smashed that fellas head in last year while he was lying down enjoying the park with his wife. It was the weight and the unsupervised moron driving it.

Electric bikes are the same weight or heavier and frankly deadlier in those circumstances.

Waffles.
    .know your vehicles fella before you comment.

What are you talking about?

I could kill you in seconds with my car, but no one complains about my car.

The noise is the issue with them, its the reason people hate them. The chances of being killed on one aren't that great, but it's just part of the argument against them as general decent members of the public have decided they hate them, and it's mostly down to the noise.

I don't know how you managed to subtract 'electric bikes aren't dangerous' from my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

He's right, though.

There's a scrambler or two in my area. I'm always hoping for the day I hear of a fatal accident involving it. I won't feign sadness or sympathy - I'd be delighted - as would many hundreds of others that live in my area.

Jaysus. Were you visited by four ghosts last night?

If a minor is on a scrambler it’s the parents fault. It’s their job to raise a non scummer kid. No one else’s.

No it's not.
    What kid wouldn't want a motorised vehicle at any age?
    Children are scummers because they like something motorised, stay in your cloud in cuckoo land.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No it's not.
    What kid wouldn't want a motorised vehicle at any age?
    Children are scummers because they like something motorised, stay in your cloud in cuckoo land.

Parents are there to make sensible choices for their 'I want a scrambler' children. Sadly, many are not more than children themselves.
    It's only a birrova laff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Scramblers, ponies, rifle, a mail order bride, an exploding chainsaw maybe, whatever the little angels want. As long as it gets them out of the house while mammy and new daddy get off their trolley.

They'll soon join original daddy in the joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I wanted a helicopter when I was 10.

Guess why I didn’t get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

endacl wrote: »

Your parents didn’t love you? ;)

Their dole was cut off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

You got a scrambler instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a video I just received going around from this morning. A child no more than 5 I would say because he has a soother in his mouth being put on a petrol motorcycle he just got for Christmas.

He gets on and drives it about 4 meters at speed straight into a big lamppost and just about lamps his head off it. No helmet no nothing.

Anyone who is arguing in here about motorsports or some other ****e about electric bikes and noise is an imbecile and has zero thought for kids like this.

Videos evidently from Dublin looks like finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I just got sent a WhatsApp of a child with a soother in his mouth being handed a new scrambler by an adult, and promptly smashing it into a lamp post. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I’m feeling left out, I want to see it, need a giggle!!

frag420 wrote: »
    I’m feeling left out, I want to see it, need a giggle!!

It's really not funny to see. He's literally a small child who doesn't know any better. I think he has a pair of slippers on. He's probably in hospital now with his face cracked open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

There's no excuse for any child getting a scrambler, it's the height of stupidity but these people aren't exactly blessed with smarts. For the money they spend they could buy their child a decent gift but they choose to give them a potential death trap instead. I don't get it.

Here's a screenshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

pablo128 wrote: »
    Here's a screenshot.

Looks to be a yamaha pw50. Good little bike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I saw it.
    I laughed
    The feral parents are idiots, the child has no chance.. they should have been sterilized at puberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Here's a screenshot.

Skanger white c-class in the background. Nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If anyone has the video please throw it up. I would love to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Here is where he ended up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

I'll just post this up again for some context as to what we're dealing with here.
    https://imgur.com/a/1x9dH40

I doubt if any one of them knows who Marc Marquez is.

The cop was a d2ck with the pepper spray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm guessing you live in some leafy well policed suburb,

As I said, you have no idea where I live or anything about me other than I a deeply discussed by people cheerleading and hoping for the deaths of children

aaakev wrote: »
    Here is where he ended up

Looks quite lucky that he hit the lamp post actuaylly.

Would likely have creamed that Seat. Would have been an expensive start to Chrostmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Tzardine wrote: »
    If anyone has the video please throw it up. I would love to see it.

Here ya go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Yikes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I get wanting to watch it out of curiosity, I did.

But wanting to see a 3-4 year old child go face first into a lamppost "for a laugh" is just being a tryhard "edgy" cùnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What's his dad doing standing out in his jocks on a winter's morning/evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Stark wrote: »
    What's his dad doing standing out in his jocks on a winter's morning/evening?

Chilling his balls to increase sperm production and child allowance payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The smug feeling of living in a middle class suburb where kids get bikes on Xmas morning... Not scramblers.

Its taken down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

'cock sucker', i love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw a disturbing scene about 3 years ago with a 15-16 year old on a scrambler giving kids of 5-6 rides on the back of the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Inbreds.

Thats some wallop alright.

First things first, I hope the kid is alright, but I kinda hope the parents spent the day in Temple Street too and it ruined their Christmas. Hopefully that will put an end to his days of riding scramblers on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Where's yizzer festive spirit? Didnt Our Lord himself receive a scrambler along with the frankincense and myrrh on the first noel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Lads I called to my parents earlier and the estate sounds like Mondello Park. Kids under 10 belting around on scramblers. It's bananas :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Yep, nearly got creamed just there by a lad of about 13 on a scrambler bigger then himself when driving out of my estate - he cut the corner turning into the estate without looking and cut right across me at speed, before tearing up the road at full speed.

I blame the parents.

(eta - If I get time later, I'll download it from my dash cam)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Where's yizzer festive spirit? Didnt Our Lord himself receive a scrambler along with the frankincense and myrrh on the first noel?

Yup yup

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If you live in an area where kids are being given scramblers for Christmas it’s a sign you need to move soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement