Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrambler bikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Odelay wrote: »
    Skanger white c-class in the background. Nice touch.

CAB undoubtedly know all about it.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

They'll never change. They're so selfish and only care about themselves. Some may learn the hard way, but there are plenty more idiots to keep it going. I know a couple of people affected by serious injuries on scramblers or quads. One lad missing half his skull and still using them. His family will defend him to the hilt and still buy them for younger nieces and nephews. Another fella suffered life changing injuries in his 30s and his parents are now part of the campaign to get parents to reconsider buying scramblers and quads for children. They have been through a tough experience but they were part of the problem for years and the majority in the area will never listen to them, same as they wouldn't have listened before. We need better enforcement on this issue. It's something that the decent members of these communities find very hard to avoid, and it blights day to day life for them far more than many more serious crime issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Where's yizzer festive spirit? Didnt Our Lord himself receive a scrambler along with the frankincense and myrrh on the first noel?

Sure doesn't it even get a mention in the holey bible,

All of Israel heard the roar of his Triumph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

dreamers75 wrote: »

Jesus. Stupid *****. Hope the little fella is all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

KaneToad wrote: »

The young lad hits a parked car at speed and the bike goes skidding up the road hitting another parked car.

And what do the local youths do? They take the bike and stash it in a back garden as their friend lay on the road

Is that what you do as your friend lies dying? :confused: sure pick his pockets while you are it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The young lad hits a parked car at speed and the bike goes skidding up the road hitting another parked car.

And what do the local youths do? They take the bike and stash it in a back garden as their friend lay on the road

Is that what you do as your friend lies dying? :confused: sure pick his pockets while you are it

Apparently it wasn't his bike in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How can they afford all this stuff??

Another thought on that...presumably the mother was recording? Bring child to hospital and spend day worrying? Nah, gotta get me some likes on Facewank. What kind of parent uploads that, ffs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

And they say Neanderthals are extinct , no the last pods of them are here in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Are they a particular age thing? There is an estate nearby where I would hear them over Christmas in the past. Not too bad but still there would be one or two buzzing.
    There was not a sound from there today though, went out of fashion I hope, in fairness the estate seems to be on the up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Collie D wrote: »
    Another thought on that...presumably the mother was recording? Bring child to hospital and spend day worrying? Nah, gotta get me some likes on Facewank. What kind of parent uploads that, ffs?

That's what I was wondering.
    That video is terrible, the poor little fellow.

Just seen a nasty 4 car crash from a quad somewhere in Dublin on what’s app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What are you talking about?

I could kill you in seconds with my car, but no one complains about my car.

The noise is the issue with them, its the reason people hate them. The chances of being killed on one aren't that great, but it's just part of the argument against them as general decent members of the public have decided they hate them, and it's mostly down to the noise.

I don't know how you managed to subtract 'electric bikes aren't dangerous' from my post.

No. It's the riding of these things in public roads, parks and communal grounds where they shouldn't be is the problem with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just seen a nasty 4 car crash from a quad somewhere in Dublin on what’s app.

Looks like ballymun direction.

How can they afford all this stuff??

A mixture of criminality and state largesse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

lawred2 wrote: »
    Future of Motorsport right there

Yeah, a future road racer alright.

You know that's largely horse sh!t,alot of scramblers are bought with legitimate earned monies.

Ban the retailers from selling at Christmas or tax them at retail and earn the tax back with membership at a scramblers club.

Suppose when you don’t have to pay for a house these things come easy.

• Advertisement

Tippsman wrote: »
    You know that's largely horse sh!t,alot of scramblers are bought with legitimate earned monies.

Ban the retailers from selling at Christmas or tax them at retail and earn the tax back with membership at a scramblers club.

I don't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'll have a listen to that later with the earphones in. I had a few 2 strokes years ago including a rare Cagiva Freccia C12 R. A quick little machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

This is surely peak scrambler. Tell me we’ve reached peak scrambler a total crackdown is imminent right?!

All sorts of boundaries being broken here. All manner of entitlements being flaunted but tykes on motorbikes is a new low

I don't know that.

Let me inform you.
    You know f uck all then. Some kids buy their own, some parents buy them from legit monies, some from criminal enterprises and not from anyone's dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Gynoid wrote: »
    That's what I was wondering.
    That video is terrible, the poor little fellow.

Ah the old school of hard knocks.

As long as they only kill themselves but we all know the vermin like to share their particular wealth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Let me inform you.
    You know f uck all then. Some kids buy their own, some parents buy them from legit monies, some from criminal enterprises and not from anyone's dole.

Sure thing pal. I'll take your 'informed' and angry word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

€100k claim against the council for putting that lamp post there where little Taylor/Reece/Lebron could crash into it.....

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'll have a listen to that later with the earphones in. I had a few 2 strokes years ago including a rare Cagiva Freccia C12 R. A quick little machine.
    Never seen or heard one, nice looking too bet they weren't cheap than or now.
    Sure thing pal. I'll take your 'informed' and angry word for it.

Pal?
    I don't even recognise your name,
    Consider yourself informed nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I must be the only one to burst out laughing at that !

cjmc wrote: »

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€100k claim against the council for putting that lamp post there where little Taylor/Reece/Lebron could crash into it.....

Only for it was there the poor car owner parked next to it would have been needing bodywork done on their car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

cjmc wrote: »

Nope...you weren't

Pal?
    I don't even recognise your name,
    Consider yourself informed nicely.

Why so salty? Crash your scrambler today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They do a lot of night shifts

No

No, there’s plenty of stone hearts on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

A scummer from the estate next to us, had a crash into a car while doing a wheelie on one and claimed against the owner. Got €22k and now lashing around in a flashy Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

A scummer from the estate next to us, had a crash into a car while doing a wheelie on one and claimed against the owner. Got €22k and now lashing around in a flashy Golf.

How would they have to payout unless at fault

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

Have to say that was funny. Scummer family probably causing mayhem around the neighbourhood harming themselves instead of others for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bobblehats wrote: »
    This is surely peak scrambler. Tell me we’ve reached peak scrambler a total crackdown is imminent right?!

All sorts of boundaries being broken here. All manner of entitlements being flaunted but tykes on motorbikes is a new low

Softer targets to be had with people getting to work on electric scooters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Kid is a bit old for a soother and a bit young for the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I don't care what kind of family the child comes from, at the very least they are careless and vain, but people laughing at a small child with a soother in his mouth bursting himself off a metal lamp post amd then hopping his head off the path is pretty miserable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

I don't care what kind of family the child comes from, at the very least they are careless and vain, but people laughing at a small child with a soother in his mouth bursting homself off a metal lamp post amd then hopping his head off the path is pretty miserable stuff.

Whoever filmed it and sent it out there is probably a family member judging by the time of day it all happened. So they must have thought it was funny and worth sharing. If it’s funny for them then it’s funny for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A broken nose and a couple of front teeth gone at a minimum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I don't care what kind of family the child comes from, at the very least they are careless and vain, but people laughing at a small child with a soother in his mouth bursting himself off a metal lamp post amd then hopping his head off the path is pretty miserable stuff.

He didn't seem as hurt as you make out.
    Lets wait for the injury report before making our own diagnosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Is there a way to report his parents to the gardai? Would they track the video down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

strandroad wrote: »
    Is there a way to report his parents to the gardai? Would they track the video down?

It's all over Twitter now, likely it will hit mainstream media in the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

listermint wrote: »
    There's a video I just received going around from this morning. A child no more than 5 I would say because he has a soother in his mouth being put on a petrol motorcycle he just got for Christmas.

He gets on and drives it about 4 meters at speed straight into a big lamppost and just about lamps his head off it. No helmet no nothing.

Anyone who is arguing in here about motorsports or some other ****e about electric bikes and noise is an imbecile and has zero thought for kids like this.

Videos evidently from Dublin looks like finglas.

The parents heads want repeated banging off the same pole for buying the bike the fcukin clowns.
    Scummers keeping up with other scummers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement