Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrambler bikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pablo128 wrote: »
    That poor woman, can't say I am surprised unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

And here’s the aftermath of 2 cars trying to avoid a quad in what looks like Ballymun

https://twitter.com/jim_eganj/status/1209915469261627398?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I would have accelerated and not avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gynoid wrote: »
    I don't care what kind of family the child comes from, at the very least they are careless and vain, but people laughing at a small child with a soother in his mouth bursting himself off a metal lamp post amd then hopping his head off the path is pretty miserable stuff.

Miserably hilarious so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This scumbag welfare society we are nurturing needs to be addressed. Absolute no respect for the law in huge swathes of Dublin.

Unfortunatly it won't be addressed and the lawlessness will worsen. You can be sure of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

pablo128 wrote: »

Pure ****in vermin scum may every one of these little cockroaches hit a ****in tree a full speed, as for the disease that is their parents I hope your the cause of the end and it gnaws away at yuk out for the rest of your skank lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Three significant incidents already today and who knows what we'll wake up to tomorrow. Would love to see these gone off of the streets for good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I think they were actually referring to the cockroach that knocked over a pregnant woman today, not the toddler that hit the lamppost.

AulWan wrote: »
    I think they were actually referring to the cockroach that knocked over a pregnant woman today, not the toddler that hit the lamppost.

Fair enough, hence the deletion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The kid in the video seems to know how to ride a geared bike as he pulls the left lever (clutch) and pushes down his left foot to put in first gear.

Which in first gear wouldn't go so fast, it's just to jet it moving.

The yamaha pw50 is automatic completely new to the kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That vid is starting to get global attention. Hopefully the kids grand and our image abroad doesn't take too much of a battering thereafter. It's these types that turned the Aussies against us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    That vid is starting to get global attention. Hopefully the kids grand and our image abroad doesn't take too much of a battering thereafter. It's these types that turned the Aussies against us

Hopefully it does and the Govt actually take notice of the degeneracy and lawlessness around them. Leo happy in his own little bubble to have pictures of him splashed everywhere out for a swim.

Who gives a **** what the Aussies think. I lived in Oz and yes thats where many of our dregs go. But also alot of our brightest. We have too many social issues emerging. No point sweeping them under the rug in what is truly the Irish way of doing things. Lets face up to it that we have a scumbag class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Can I get a dm or pm of the vid? Whatever the kids call them these days.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Who gives a **** what the Aussies think. We have too many social issues emerging. No point sweeping them under the rug in what is truly the Irish way of doing things.

It's a simple point regarding this video being spread globally and how it's connected to the Irish image being diminished by certain types abroad on brief emigration (knacker pissups)

BDI wrote: »
    Can I get a dm or pm of the vid? Whatever the kids call them these days.

It's been posted.

https://twitter.com/GZambra_92/status/1209842393069080578?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

2k bike for a child, expensive Mercedes beside them, father with no shirt... I wonder how this is paid for.

2k bike for a child, expensive Mercedes beside them, father with no shirt... I wonder how this is paid for.

The lad that took the vid fleeing for his life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

And here’s the aftermath of 2 cars trying to avoid a quad in what looks like Ballymun

https://twitter.com/jim_eganj/status/1209915469261627398?s=21

should have hit the quad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well it has the fathers face so I'm 100% confident TUSLA will get involved.

Unless it's their culture and they have been riding dirt bikes for hundreds of years, then they get a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The thing is there will be more calls for "regulations" on scramblers and quad bikes even though the dangerous people that use them are already outside current regulations. It just makes it harder for the decent folk that own them.

It's a bit like America and gun crime. People calling for more restrictions and quoting stats of gun deaths, even though most of the deaths are from illegal and unregistered guns.

It's a bit like America and gun crime. People calling for more restrictions and quoting stats of gun deaths, even though most of the deaths are from illegal and unregistered guns.

I thought most the deaths were suicides? :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

sk8erboii wrote: »

Fúck me alive.

Saw 3 new ones of varying sizes round our way today. Green areas round about all torn up and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

Don't for a second regret the call to the Gardaí I made this morning which resulted in one being lifted.

Not an easy job for the Gardaí, if there was an accident while in pursuit of one of these they would be in serious trouble.

tuxy wrote: »
    Not an easy job for the Gardaí, if there was an accident while in pursuit of one of these they would be in serious trouble.

Gardai were out early this morning 6.30 in areas and way less going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Where's yizzer festive spirit? Didnt Our Lord himself receive a scrambler along with the frankincense and myrrh on the first noel?

Look Deccy, look what ya got for d'chrismiss, gold, myrrh, and Frank-sent-this scrambler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

No helmut in the above or anything. Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

No helmut in the above or anything. Wow.

He's dead a long time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    He's dead a long time now

That's a horrible thing to joke about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

That's a horrible thing to joke about.
    Your spelling, rather than the child?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Kohl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rub a Dub

He literally had to sell the shirt off his back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Some funny posts in this thread lol.

My folks live just a few hundred meters from where the quad incident happened. We were just joking that every year when we go over to Ballymun on Christmas Day was get a stunt riding display.

My daughter was too sick to travel yesterday, a blessing in disguise because we would have been on that road around the same time as the quad crash.

The wind and rain might put manners on the little pricks this morning, I'll be reporting back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Yes, ram kids. Only thing the feral rats will understand. Any medical costs to be looked after by the patents.

Wouldn't it just be easier to just track the bikes with a drone ,and then seize them ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hope the lamp post was ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Last report said it was lights out for the lamp post...

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Jeff2 wrote: »

It's reverse darwinism.

Hopefully the gardai will be paying that cabbage parent a visit.

Child abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

If there's any damage done I'd hope the parents of the child would use their "income" to pay for the damage their child caused due to the dangerous and stupidity of the parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can't be hard to see where these scrotes keep their bikes to have them confiscated, and the parents fined for child endangerment.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Can't be hard to see where these scrotes keep their bikes to have them confiscated, and the parents fined for child endangerment.

What fine is that?

Fines could be easily done through their welfare payments i'd imagine. The govt would need to define what the fine is though in law.

Prob end up driving up the crime rate

They just go nextdoor and rob something to make up the shortfall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What fine is that?

A made up fine that doesn't exist.

• Advertisement

So don't do anything then...:rolleyes:

No punishment. €200 a week not enough? Here is your HAP, your medical card, your child allowance, your travel pass...

It's a ransom, is it?

It amazes me that anyone on the dole could afford a bike like that for one of their kids without, say, revenue asking these people how they are affording this and confiscating what needs confiscating.

The country suffers from lack of enforcement.

These social problems don't stay the same either, they get worse with each generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

They wouldn't rob from their own.

They'd rob from the elderly or the homes of people who are out working for the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So don't do anything then...:rolleyes:

No punishment. €200 a week not enough? Here is your HAP, your medical card, your child allowance, your travel pass...

It's a ransom, is it?

It amazes me that anyone on the dole could afford a bike like that for one of their kids without, say, revenue asking these people how they are affording this and confiscating what needs confiscating.

The country suffers from lack of enforcement.

These social problems don't stay the same either, they get worse with each generation.

You dont even know they are on the dole. Just because the video was recorded beside a Mercedes earlier, doesnt mean its theirs. You just seem to want some sick demented joy in taking money from them becuase you dont think they are using it properly. No one wants to see kids ripping around communities in them things, but fining them is not going to rectify that.

Take the dole as an example , I think you're allowed 15000 as savings?

So they're covered there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Agreed. Our SW system is arseways.
    Genuine people who take jobs in an effort to come off the social welfare should only then be given things like medical cards/fuel allowance/HAP - only when they themselves make an effort.

It should not be the case that it is more lucrative to lie around all day doing nothing.

Child benefit should be linked to attendance at school/hospital appointments etc..
    If these people can't/won't parent properly, there have to be incentives to get them to attempt to do so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement