Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to identify faulty sensor within a zone. HKC alarm.

Options
  • 25-12-2019 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC secure watch alarm. It's over 19 years old.

The alarm is going off randomly with a "tamper" error within a specific zone. That zone has about 10 sensors. Is there an easy way to identify which sensor is causing the problem so that I can replace that sensor? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

Can you put up a photo of the sensor,if they are wired in series you will need a multi meter,

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Here's a pic...

LFhmtzJ

https://imgur.com/LFhmtzJ

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

Hi yea they are standard sensors, and they are wired in series,you could take out the two wires at the panel, on that zone, and just a little piece of wire, back into the two blocks marked tamper, That's the easy way, or you have to check every sensor on that zone, hope that help's

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

darraghwex wrote: »
    Hi yea they are standard sensors, and they are wired in series,you could take out the two wires at the panel, on that zone, and just a little piece of wire, back into the two blocks marked tamper, That's the easy way, or you have to check every sensor on that zone, hope that help's

Thanks Darragh. I jumped the tamper and that has solved the problem.

Advertisement