Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Visa - are job opportunities limited?

Options
  • 25-12-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm doing a degree in law at the moment but I don't like it. I've been working in a bar for 3 years now and currently working as a 'mixologist' in one of the high end hotel bars, so I don't think I'd find it too hard to get a job in the states in a bar.

I'm in final year so I could apply for the graduate Visa. However, would I be able to get a job in a bar with this or would it have to be in the legal profession, related to my degree, does anyone know?

I'd appreciate any help
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Has to be related to your field of study. I looked into it years ago when I finished my masters but a lot of jobs in my area are done by unpaid interns in the US. Didn't bother with it in the end.

Advertisement