Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Next sale on tomorrow ?

Options
  • 26-12-2019 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

The Missus is hoping to go I haven't seen any ads if its on is it on at crazy OClock ??

Comments

Starts at 6am in Sligo store anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

discostu1 wrote: »
    The Missus is hoping to go I haven't seen any ads if its on is it on at crazy OClock ??

All sales are on tomorrow with everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Next opens 6am every year hours before other retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

discostu1 wrote: »

Yep, 6am in Dundrum. I'm up at 5:30 to drop my son who is working there from 6am.

Time to go to bed for me.

Enjoy your shopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

We are in Cork so I presume its nationwide Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

54and56 wrote: »
    Yep, 6am in Dundrum. I'm up at 5:30 to drop my son who is working there from 6am.

Time to go to bed for me.

Enjoy your shopping!!

Ridiculous. People don’t give a ****e who’s being put out so long as they feel they’re saving a few €€€ on rubbish the shop couldn’t sell all week and people certainly don’t need

We laugh at the yanks piling into shops on Black Friday fighting over TV’s yet we do it on the 26th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,528 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ridiculous. People don’t give a ****e who’s being put out so long as they feel they’re saving a few €€€ on rubbish the shop couldn’t sell all week and people certainly don’t need

We laugh at the yanks piling into shops on Black Friday fighting over TV’s yet we do it on the 26th

You've don't have to buy tbf. Not a hope I'd be up on the 26th to do it. If people choose to that's their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

6 wrote: »
    You've don't have to buy tbf. Not a hope I'd be up on the 26th to do it. If people choose to that's their business.

Yeah, but the poor staff all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Birneybau wrote: »

Not really they earn twice or thrice the normal wage plus get time off next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Maybe some people just can't understand getting up before 6am the day after Christmas to buy over priced Penneys clothes at Penneys prices....

Birneybau wrote: »

Can't sleep :-)

My young lad is more than happy going in tomorrow morning. Probably a bit of a novelty as it's his first year but that's what he signed up for when he took the job.

• Advertisement

4real wrote: »
    Not really they earn twice or thrice the normal wage plus get time off next year.

Nope, 1.5 times is the max and no time off on top.

In fairness people can only go sale shopping at 6am if the retail store decides to open at 6am.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to.

Next is a very well established and successful retail business. To be successful and cover expensive rent, online competition etc they need to be innovative and these 6am sales are one of the ways they differentiate themselves.

Better to be doing that and keeping people employed than not innovating, closing down and blaming high rent etc etc like so many other retailers are.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you work a bank holiday surely you get another day off

Nope, you get 50% more per hour, that's it.

My lad is more than happy with that. He doesn't care much whether he's working a Tuesday or a Sunday or whether it's a bank holiday or not provided he gets paid the 50% premium for Sunday and bank holidays.

He's doing 6 hours tomorrow (6am to 12 noon), then heading straight to Leopardstown racecourse for a day out with his pals which will be more than paid for by the wages he earns for the 6 hours work.

He's happy out with the arrangement.

My lad reckons there were hundreds of people queueing outside Next in Dundrum when I dropped him there just before 6am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

My lad reckons there were hundreds of people queueing outside Next in Dundrum when I dropped him there just before 6am!!

Daft

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

4real wrote: »

No they dont. They also do not get any choice about working or not. I know cos I am retail staff and I am getting up now to go to work. I would love to spend today with my extended family and see all my nieces and nephews. I did not see any of them before christmas and I wont see them today. Merry christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MilaM

I worked in one of the Next Sales years ago when they opened at 3/4 am. I was happy with the cash and it gave me the motivation I need to get a different job as I knew it's not what I want to be doing every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Next is a very well established and successful retail business. To be successful and cover expensive rent, online competition etc they need to be innovative and these 6am sales are one of the ways they differentiate themselves.

Better to be doing that and keeping people employed than not innovating, closing down and blaming high rent etc etc like so many other retailers are.

There are a number of next stores closing in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

In fairness people can only go sale shopping at 6am if the retail store decides to open at 6am.

I think your confusing innovation with the word greed

Advertisement