Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting Jacket

• 26-12-2019 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

The wife has kindly promised me a new hunting jacket for Christmas which I’ve opted to get in the January sales. I was thinking of the deer hunter Muflon long does anyone know of anyone doing sales this year? Might’ve even be able to swing a pair of trousers 😂
    Ideas on best sales or better jackets would be appreciated
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Richard308

Amazon is pretty good now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 RaySla

Sportsmanguncentre great for sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

I have a muflon jacket , they are a great jacket but not suitable for active stalking as they are very heavy and you will over heat . If you are walking a short distance and sitting out in the cold watching a wood or something they cannot be beaten but if you going on a long stalk they are way too heavy ... Bushwear.co.uk have great deals from time to time and excellent customer service , big deerhunter fan myself , checkout their pro game keeper smock , great alrounder or have a look at the swedteam stuff as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11401.m43.l10174/7?euid=a5612c967b00448b9beb59eb981a2b53&bu=44285106393&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fulk%2Fusr%2Flakelandtoysandhobbies&sojTags=bu=bu

Try these guys, they have good deals.
    I have several Deer Hunter clothes items and find them very good. Just be mindful of the heavier jackets that have good quailty thermal properties. They are perfect for low activity use , such as hides and highseats, but too warm for serious tabbing over distance or hill work. I have the Rusky jacket and trousers combination, excellant bit of kit, but I only use them for Woodland stalking, highseats etc. For hill work or higher activity levels I use lighter stuff, like deerhunter avanti, ridgeline recoil jacket and use a layering system for thermal properties.
    Buy a good light weight breathable jacket (couple of sizes up) and trouser combo and add some layers of light weight thermal tops (something with multiple pockets, under arm ventilation etc and add in good gloves, hats buffs etc. You'll have something for multiple seasons and weather conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

not sure of that jacket you want but 'Military 1st .ie' have a nice range of jackets 15 % off ends tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

The Seeland Hawker jackets are brilliant; light, waterproof and very comfortable and not too pricy. - modern shooting clothing!

Only issue is that they are a bit short but you can get the pants as well if necessary.

Worth looking at, and the lads in McCarthys in Prosperous are always prepared to do a deal.

https://www.huntingandfishing.ie/?s=hawker&post_type=product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭keith s

Hi dto,

Starting to have a look for a jacket myself.
    Wondering what you ended up going with, and how you found it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dto001

keith s wrote: »
    Hi dto,

Starting to have a look for a jacket myself.
    Wondering what you ended up going with, and how you found it?

Thanks

Howaya,

I got the deerhunter mouflon jacket it’s great for the cold but it’s heavy for walking but I do a lot of duck shooting so It’s good for me although I haven’t tested it in any serious rain yet as I just never got a chance but I think it will hold up. I found it was actually cheaper on Amazon.es

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭keith s

Thanks for that.

I do a bit on the foxes, bit of a mix of walking and waiting.

I normally only get a chance on the duck/pheasant on the opening days, I don't have a dog so rely on getting out with others.

Got the deer licence this year, but not got out yet (hopefully December).
    They look a decent jacket that would last.

Cheers

Advertisement