If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 55QEQ70R

Options
  • 26-12-2019 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I've had my eye on the 55" Q70R for the last few weeks and see it is down to €949 now. Before I pull the trigger on ordering, just making sure there isn't any other set within that budget that you would recommend instead?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lads, I've had my eye on the 55" Q70R for the last few weeks and see it is down to €949 now. Before I pull the trigger on ordering, just making sure there isn't any other set within that budget that you would recommend instead?

Thanks in advance
    Hi WeleaseWoderick.

The 55Q870R is a great television.

To get better you would need to go for the likes of the LG 55B9 coming in at 1199 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

There is nothing around the 949 Euro mark to compete with the Samsung QLED in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Hi Kenny

I ended up buying this TV from yourselves and am absolutely delighted with the picture quality so far.

Only small issue I am having is with regards to anything connected through my AV receiver (Sony 1040). There appears to be a "handshake" issue whereby I have to power cycle the TV and/or AV unit to get the picture to display (from Nvidia Shield or PS4). Is this something you have seen reported previously?

For the moment, I have resorted to connecting the devices directly to the TV and using ARC for sound.

I have a feeling the longer term solution will be to upgrade the AV receiver but don't think my marriage would survive that suggestion after buying the TV!

Hi Kenny

I ended up buying this TV from yourselves and am absolutely delighted with the picture quality so far.

Only small issue I am having is with regards to anything connected through my AV receiver (Sony 1040). There appears to be a "handshake" issue whereby I have to power cycle the TV and/or AV unit to get the picture to display (from Nvidia Shield or PS4). Is this something you have seen reported previously?

For the moment, I have resorted to connecting the devices directly to the TV and using ARC for sound.

I have a feeling the longer term solution will be to upgrade the AV receiver but don't think my marriage would survive that suggestion after buying the TV!
    Hi WeleaseWoderick.

Good to hear you are enjoying the new TV but sorry to hear of the handshake issues with the 1040.

I take it all you did was replace your previous television with the new one and the issue appeared?

It is not a common issue that we get reported unfortunately. 
    Some issues can come down to the HDMI cables you are using but as they are working when connected directly to the television would tend to lead me away from the cables.
    However I'm wondering if perhaps one of the cables, maybe the one going from the amp to the TV could be at fault if when the PS4 and the Nvidia ones when connected directly have no issue.
    If you had another HDMI cable you could try and mix them around and see if it makes any difference.

Has the 1040 got its latest fireware update installed?

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Hi Kenny

Correct that the issues arose despite leaving everything as previously connected (only TV swapped out).

I have replaced the cable connecting the AV to the TV, and also the cable from the Shield to the AV unit. Any device I try works perfectly when plugged directly to the TV but continue to have issues with anything going through the 1040 first.

The ARC does work well in terms of getting surround sound still for the devices that are plugged directly but that solution means I have to unplug HDMI cables as the TV obviously doesn't have as many inputs as the AV receiver.

Thinking of maybe getting a HDMI switch as a solution. What's your thoughts?

Thanks

Hi Kenny

Correct that the issues arose despite leaving everything as previously connected (only TV swapped out).

I have replaced the cable connecting the AV to the TV, and also the cable from the Shield to the AV unit. Any device I try works perfectly when plugged directly to the TV but continue to have issues with anything going through the 1040 first.

The ARC does work well in terms of getting surround sound still for the devices that are plugged directly but that solution means I have to unplug HDMI cables as the TV obviously doesn't have as many inputs as the AV receiver.

Thinking of maybe getting a HDMI switch as a solution. What's your thoughts?

Thanks
    Hi WeleaseWoderick.

An HDMI switch will combat the need to unplug cables every time and I suppose would be a quick fix until you purchased a new receiver at some point.

You could perhaps give Sony's tech team a call and see if they can shed any light on the issue.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.