If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight tv

Options
  • 26-12-2019 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there!

I’m looking to purchase a Philips ambilight tv, my brother has a discontinued model from a few years back and on my budget it stands out as tv to purchase.

Is there anything in or around the €500 mark that would be far and above better or if I like them Philips should I go ahead with one of them ?

I’m undecided on 50PUS6754 at €529 or 50PUS7394 at €599

I was trying to go through the specs for both but seem extremely similar however I would be a relative novice when it comes to TVs so would appreciate which might be better to go for!

Understand that you would be extremely busy at present so no rush but will be purchasing as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Eoin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

EoinMoran wrote: »
    Hi there!

I’m looking to purchase a Philips ambilight tv, my brother has a discontinued model from a few years back and on my budget it stands out as tv to purchase.

Is there anything in or around the €500 mark that would be far and above better or if I like them Philips should I go ahead with one of them ?

I’m undecided on 50PUS6754 at €529 or 50PUS7394 at €599

I was trying to go through the specs for both but seem extremely similar however I would be a relative novice when it comes to TVs so would appreciate which might be better to go for!

Understand that you would be extremely busy at present so no rush but will be purchasing as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Eoin
    Hey EoinMoran.

Thanks for the post.

The Philips Ambi Light have been very popular.

There are a few differences between the two sets.

The 7394 has an extra HDMI port with 4.
    It has the faster motion handling at 1700PPI to the 1200PPI of the 6754.
    The 7394 is also has the Android operating system where the 6754 has Philips own operating system.

In my opinion the 50PUS7394 is worth the extra 70 Euro.
    You also get our 6 year guarantee included free of charge with either.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Thanks for the quick response Kenny

Will go ahead and purchase the 7394.

Sorry to throw another curve ball into the mix but I’m also looking at picking up a rega planar 1 in white, apologies I don’t have enough posts to upload a link but see you have one available at €269, could you recommend a budget amp and speakers to go with it ? I know i would be going with a highly regarded vinyl player but it’s for casual home use and will upgrade the amp and speakers in a couple of years if I feel the need too.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the quick response Kenny

Will go ahead and purchase the 7394.

Sorry to throw another curve ball into the mix but I’m also looking at picking up a rega planar 1 in white, apologies I don’t have enough posts to upload a link but see you have one available at €269, could you recommend a budget amp and speakers to go with it ? I know i would be going with a highly regarded vinyl player but it’s for casual home use and will upgrade the amp and speakers in a couple of years if I feel the need too.

Thanks again for the help.
    Hey EoinMoran.

No problem at all on the 50PUS7394 good amount of stock. Our courier are still closed for the next few days and are back in action the 2nd Jan.
    We can still get the order up and everything processed to speed thing along as much as possible.

I only the Black finish available for the Planar 1 at the moment.
    It is a great turntable. I use one at home myself.

I could squeeze a tiny bit more out of it and offer one for 255 Euro

For an amp you could check out the Pioneer A10. it has a built in phono stage so the Planar 1 can connect directly into it without the need for an external phono stage.
    Priced at 159 Euro. I could shave this to 150 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204409-pioneer-a10ae-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

You could then add in the Fyne Audio F300 which retail at 169 Euro. I could offer a pair of these for 148 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203654-fyne-audio-f300-black-black-ash-speakers-per-pair.aspx

I could also offer to throw in 4 or 5 meters of speakers cable free of charge.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Kenny

I’d have a preference for the white model, would you be able to get any stock in the next couple of weeks ? I don’t mind waiting unless it would be a while. Alternatively I can purchase the model elsewhere and pick up everything else from you ?

Thanks Kenny

I’d have a preference for the white model, would you be able to get any stock in the next couple of weeks ? I don’t mind waiting unless it would be a while. Alternatively I can purchase the model elsewhere and pick up everything else from you ?
    Hey EoinMoran.

I would need to check with our supplier on the White finish but they are not open again until the new year unfortunately. So hopefully if they have stock it would arrive in with us week starting 6th Jan.

I can still offer the pricing on the other items with or without the turntable.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny

Purchased the tv there online and we can revisit the record player in the new year, I’m in no major rush for it and would prefer to give you the business if possible

Thanks for the help today

Hi Kenny

Purchased the tv there online and we can revisit the record player in the new year, I’m in no major rush for it and would prefer to give you the business if possible

Thanks for the help today
    Cheers for the business EoinMoran.

Our courier will be in touch once they are back from their Christmas break and get delivery sorted to you.

I'll also check on the White Planar 1 as soon as our supplier reopens too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.