Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Danye wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in - but - having never watched an episode of this before, I watched the Christmas special. I found it to be good light hearted tv. Looking to watch all the episodes now but series 1 isn’t on Netflix? Where can I watch series 1 would anybody be able to tell me?

I got series 1 & 2 in a 2 DVD set for £1 in a charity shop in Manchester.
    Probably available on ebay quite cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The 3 original series are pretty much constantly being repeated on W channel on sky. Assume its (the channel) available through VM also.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry to jump in - but - having never watched an episode of this before, I watched the Christmas special. I found it to be good light hearted tv. Looking to watch all the episodes now but series 1 isn’t on Netflix? Where can I watch series 1 would anybody be able to tell me?

Xmas Special not a patch on the series, which I think are much funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Why did Matt Horne dye his hair though? It looked so obvious and its not like he was meant to be still 30 or whatever, the character is meant to have aged

Also the gag of the night was definitely when they were talking about Dry January, Veganuary etc and Nessa comes out that she is doing Janu-hairy for feminism. Wouldnt be surprised if its actually a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You can stream it for free on Daily Motion, that's where I watched it a few months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

jr86 wrote: »
    It was even mentioned in the Gavin and Stacey wedding episode!

"6 of 1,half a dozen of the other."

I only got around to watching it last night and truth be told I enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

NIMAN wrote: »
    Xmas Special not a patch on the series, which I think are much funnier.

Not this special, but i actually think the last Christmas special from 2008 is the best episode of the show ever created, in my own personal view!

jr86 wrote: »
    Not this special, but i actually think the last Christmas special from 2008 is the best episode of the show ever created, in my own personal view!

Agree. Its the standout episode IMO. Look forward to watching it every Christmas since it first aired.

Though the one in the Italian restaurant with Nessa telling Smithy he was to be a dad comes close, that's a genuinely brilliant 30 odd minutes of TV.

Its a series littered with fantastic moments throughout though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

DvB wrote: »
    Agree. Its the standout episode IMO. Look forward to watching it every Christmas since it first aired.

Yeah and it also produced one of the most iconic scenes of the show (and my personal favourite) when Gavin tells the families of his imminent move to Wales, and all hell breaks loose :pac:

It honestly must have took about 50 takes to get it right - the acting and delivery from everyone involved in that scene is absolutely phenomenal. I'd say they had some fun making it. So relatable too though, we've all been there at a social event where several people have a drink too many, an argument breaks out, and all is forgotten in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is coming back!!!!

Last ever episode (seemingly) this Christmas!

Oh my Christ

Christmas day BBC one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

it’s great that there will be a Christmas special. TV has lacked good Christmas specials for a while now I think.
    its a good show and they didn’t drag the arse out of it by going far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Great news.

I was watching it on BBC 3 this week and enjoying every minute.

It got me wondering would we ever see new material.

Tidy!

Advertisement