Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to I have better craic in conversations?

• 26-12-2019 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I'm light hearted jovial and like to chat but my brain is quicker than my tongue so convos can be a bit of a mare. I think I expect a lot out of conversations and get frustrated if I don't have something wity or insightful to say.
    Many of my observations fall flat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

I'm light hearted jovial and like to chat but my brain is quicker than my tongue so convos can be a bit of a mare. I think I expect a lot out of conversations and get frustrated if I don't have something wity or insightful to say.

Yeah it can be really annoying when you throw out some pearls of wisdom and they evaporate into the ether.

It's not really something you can learn but if you get frustrated it'll only make you more flustered and less likely to contribute something worthwhile.

I've no idea what age you are but I've found that my years advance, I'm less likely to expect so much from any interaction thereby increasing my calmness and confidence round others.

I can only suggest researching some techniques to increase your poise around others and practice them around people you feel comfortable around,good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

2 ears,1 mouth

People like to talk. Let them. And actually listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Take an improv class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I think you might be focused on your output or performance a little too much? Conversations are about the flow not about who delivers the best zingers or solves problems on the spot. If you can ask good questions instead you might learn a lot more and be remembered as an insightful conversation partner too; you will certainly pay more attention to what others are saying as opposed to waiting for your turn to deliver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement