Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery or other issue?

• 26-12-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I've an original switch that gets light use. Went to take it with me today so the young lad could use it with his cousin and when I took it out of the dock it had 1% battery. Thought it was odd but figured the switch on the socket might have gotten turned off at some stage and just headed off. Plugged it in when i got where i was going and all that would happen is the battery symbol would flash up for a few seconds saying 1% and the charging lightning icon beside it. That would happen every time it is plugged put and in but no actual charging.

Had a look on YouTube and found a video of the same issue where the guy took the joycons off and charged just the unit straight from the charger. After a while that let me turn it on but it still sat at 1%. After a couple of hours it showed fully charged so I took it out to have a go. Level dropped to 78% straight away then all the way down to 1% over the next 30- 40 seconds.

Any ideas? No issue swapping out a battery if I knew that was the issue but I'd like to know exactly what the problem is if not.

Cheers

Edit, if it matters, after charging overnight, I'm still at the point where it shows 100% and the counts down to 1% over 60-90 seconds. Thing is though, I messed around in the menus for about a minute, then played a bit of my friend pedro for 2 or 3 minutes, then did a race in marion kart and left it down then with the end of race screen going. It sat for about 15 mins then turned off. So presumably it wasn't actually at 1% but a few percent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

See if his mates charger will charge it.. To rule out a problem with your charger.

My nephew had a similar problem.. Somewhere along the way the nintendo charger got mixed up with a Sony Xperia charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

antix80 wrote: »
    See if his mates charger will charge it.. To rule out a problem with your charger.

My nephew had a similar problem.. Somewhere along the way the nintendo charger got mixed up with a Sony Xperia charger.

I had it charging with both on Stephens day. Charger seems grand.

Its at the stage now where it shows 100% but will get an hour or so of play but it seems to drop in uneven chunks. Im guessing the battery is fooked.

Advertisement