Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigating Shannon Airport

Options
  • 27-12-2019 10:53am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, I'm going to be taking a flight from Shannon Airport for the first time next week (flight was less than half the price than the equivalent from Dublin!) and looking to plan my journey. Its a Ryanair flight and I'm wondering how easy is Shannon to get through security wise compared to Dublin? How much in advance should I arrive etc in practical terms?

(Im an efficient traveller so when flying from Dublin I don't like hanging around the airport and arrive as close to my flight as possible)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

Shannon is an absolute dream to fly from, you can be at the gate and through security in 10 minutes from getting out of the car. I am a local who flies out of there twice a month to London on the early morning flights when it is "busy"

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Distance wise, you won't have any troubles with Shannon. My only concern would be getting through security. I'm not a frequent traveller, but leave time for that . Once you're past security, everything is within two minutes I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

As above. Shannon is very user-friendly and the security people are efficient and pleasant. Enjoy your trip. I use Shannon a few times a year and it's a pleasure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Very helpful. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

faceman wrote: »
    Very helpful. Thanks folks.

Just to add to the above, Shannon is a breeze. From car to other side of pre clearance you'd be looking at 15 mins.

Edit, just saw it's Ryanair so no pre clearance. You'd be looking at 10 mins tops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

MarkR wrote: »
    Distance wise, you won't have any troubles with Shannon. My only concern would be getting through security. I'm not a frequent traveller, but leave time for that . Once you're past security, everything is within two minutes I'd say.

Security in Shannon will take all of 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

You'll get from check in to your gate in 15 minutes tops if you want to. As earlier said, it is an absolute breeze.

Advertisement