Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook pro (2010 model) disassembly gone wrong

Options
  • 27-12-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I took my girlfriends Macbook pro apart in order to change the thermal paste on the chips. I have done this to my own laptop and it helped with the noise of fans.

When I assembled the Macbook after reapplying thermal paste it didn't turn on properly. It sounds on but the screen is black. The power button lights up etc. I double checked all the flex cables and still nothing.

Any ideas? It would really help me out. I'm stressing as it's not mine. I really regret taking it apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Louis Rossman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

First thing is to hook it up to an external display. If you're getting nothing from that then re check the ribbon cables for the screen. Sometimes they need to really click in.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Thanks, I checked the cables a few times yesterday but I
    will do it again when I get home today. I'm also going to try resetting the system management controller which I read online could be the problem...?

I don't have a mini display port to hdmi so I cant connect it to another monitor/tv. I will get one on amazon if all this doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Ok so no display on an external device. There is no boot chime so I should have actually expected that. All the cables seem tight except this one... would it cause this problem??? It sounds like everything is starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
Advertisement