Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Apple TV 4K box worth it ?

Options
  • 27-12-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi guys. Was looking at Apple TV 4K box for my setup. But I have a new OLed TV with Netflix etc on it. What benefit will having this 4K box give me ? BTW I have IPhone X if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If you would like to watch Apple TV+ and iTunes movie content in 4K (if you’re new OLED doesn’t have an Apple TV+ app), or if you have an Apple Arcade subscription and would like to play the games on Arcade in 4K then it’s worth it. Other than that stick with the 4K apps on your OLED.

The Apple TV 4K ( as with any Apple TV gen 4 and above) can act as a HomeKit hub if you have any HomeKit enabled devices (i.e. you can switch all lights off pull the blinds when you leave your house). If you’ve no HomeKit devices this doesn’t matter.

Advertisement