Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many an post smart accounts ?

• 28-12-2019 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Any idea how many an post smart accounts have been opened since the product was launched ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Does not seem like An Post have published stats on the number of accounts. This product has got some bad reviews here and elsewhere.

N26 have 100,000 Irish customers. Revolut have 500,000 Irish customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jonny one

JTMan wrote: »
    Does not seem like An Post have published stats on the number of accounts.

My guess is very few, it's a product really for older people who have never have had a current account before, but most of that market is happy out doing all their business in cash. The only way I could see it taking off is if paying pensions & disability allowance into an account was mandatory like in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just older people -really? I can't see many off them then using the 5% back on transactions at Supermac's.

I would agree - they only got a few thousand Customers. It's an expensive account unless you are making up the charges with Moneyback.

EBS Money Manager is the no Brainer FREE Irish Current account choice to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nutzer

Avoid them, I use it for just paying odd bills and buy stuff on ebay and so on, never in a million years would I have it as a main bank account.

Sense last year there is a company taking money out of the account each month, was in touch with said company and they claim they cant find any records , got on to AnPost about it they said they would stop all payments to that company (Cyber Ghost VPN) but still there is payment coming out each month , its a year now and still not sorted , so will have to make contact with the ombudsman and get a refund....

**** service, customer service is utter crap, UK based, they couldn't give a toss.

Will be closing account tomorrow unless otherwise directed by the ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

Who's actually behind this product? I presume it's some sort of rebadged UK product? UK based customer service, post office staff can't help when there's a problem. Nobody based at an post HQ in the GPO to talk to about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement