Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric shower leaking.

• 28-12-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Basically, I noticed the electric shower was dripping from the bottom of the unit the last couple of days.
    Last night I took the cover off and it started pissing out water everywhere. I turned the water off under the sink along with the two valves in the hot press. This has stopped the water coming from the shower.

Is there anyway I can stop the water getting to the shower but still have water in the taps? If I turn the valve off in the attic will that stop the water getting to the shower?

I’ve rang two plumbers this morn but unfortunately got no answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What's the make & model of the shower?

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What's the make & model of the shower?

What part of the country are you in?

The shower is a Mira elite st. Years old I’d say, has never given any trouble until a couple of days ago.

Galway

Have a lad coming this eve. Thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

Chances are it's the flow valve that has gone, it usually goes when there is a build up of limescale in the shower head. It's a safety feature and if it is the flow valve they cost about €5-€6 and can be replaced in minutes easily.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think Con747 means a PRD. This will only leak when the shower is turned on & it won't drip, it will come out in a jet of water. It's most likely an internal part. Replacing internal parts will set you back 100 to just over 200 euro depending on the part

It's not worth while repairing a 10 year old shower. My advice is to replace it with the Mira Elite SE or better still the Triton T90SR

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think Con747 means a PRD. This will only leak when the shower is turned on & it won't drip, it will come out in a jet of water. It's most likely an internal part. Replacing internal parts will set you back 100 to just over 200 euro depending on the part

It's not worth while repairing a 10 year old shower. My advice is to replace it with the Mira Elite SE or better still the Triton T90SR

To be honest, we’re selling the house at the moment. So I don’t want to be replacing the shower.

Advertisement